The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 04:33:21 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Battle of the Barges Mk2: August 26, 2020
August 26, 2020, 08:52:32 PM +0100 - Ebisu (Higashi) - UKAC Season 16
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Toyota Supra {unknown} 1 1:04.470
---
1 31:52.426
---
29 1:04.736
---
Hankook  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Nissan 370Z {unknown} 3 +0.644
---
2 +7.750
---
29 1:05.368
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Toyota AE86 (Tuned) {unknown} 2 +0.520
---
3 +16.287
---
29 1:05.164
---
Bridgestone  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Toyota Supra {unknown} 5 +1.933
---
4 +45.186
---
29 1:05.395
---
Hankook  
L4de

Nissan 370Z {unknown} 6 +2.607
---
5 +1L
---
28 1:06.286
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Toyota AE86 (Tuned) {unknown} 4 +1.310
---
6 +2L
---
27 1:05.643
---
Bridgestone  
KDiesel

Toyota AE86 (Tuned) {unknown} 7 +3.705
---
7 +22L
---
7 1:07.303
---
Bridgestone  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:04.470
---
Fabri Fibra
Qualifying
Toyota SupraAugust 26, 2020, 08:52:32 PM +0100
A16
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:04.736
---
Fabri Fibra
Race
Toyota SupraAugust 26, 2020, 08:52:32 PM +0100
A16
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun race: Battle of the Barges Mk2  (Read 743 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2020, 07:23:09 PM +0100 »

Sorry for the short notice, but as promised here is Wednesday's race.

I'm returning to the Barges + a guest car for this week as they were so much fun last time.

So, we have:

Ford Mustang (2015)
Nissan 370Z
Toyota MkIV Supra
Toyota AE86 - Tuned (Corolla to us European types)

All cars are Kunos stock (Japanese pack required), and still manage to achieve very similar lap times (still within tenths of a second for me aside from the AE86) somehow even here!
Again the Ford has the slight advantage in outright lap speed, but it's going to eat it's tires alive on this circuit!
The AE86 is the slowest car so far for me but weighs almost half as much as the others and practically dances around the circuit - expect them to come good towards the end of the 30 minutes.

Pick your favourite and let battle commence!

Password: see above

Practice: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  (30 mins + 1 lap)

Cars allowed:
2015 Ford Mustang - Nissan 370Z - Toyota MkIV Supra - Toyota EA86 Tuned
All stock Kunos cars, Japanese Pack required.

Track: Ebisu Higashi (Ebisu East Course)

Download link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ebisu-east-higashi.17603/

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Time of Day Setting: 14:30
Weather: Mid-clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 60%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 01:55:37 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 06:51:50 PM +0100 »

As a heads up for Rift users - I've just had to run a driver update in order to fire up the Oculus software  Smiley
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 09:23:16 PM +0100 »

Good race from my perspective. For the first half we were in a three car train, but without significant attacks by anyone. Then on the start finish straight it appeared to me that Fabri slowed down a bit, and we were all almost side by side into t1 together. After the esses at the bottom of the hill Tim spun, I think Fabri slowed down to avoid him, and I got the lead. But it didn't last long, it took Fabri 2 laps to pass me, outdragging me up the hill, same place I passed him for the lead. I was able to stay with Fabri for a few laps, and then my tires went away. By that point Tim was almost 10 seconds behind, so I knew if I kept it clean I had second place sewn up. I finished with I think less than 15% on my tires.
Congrats to Fabri on the win and Tim on the podium.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 12:00:03 AM +0100 »

Very nice track!
Faithful to my dear Supra, I took her again. Unfortunately this time she was really too fast, or rather, the Corolla was underpowered. I lifted my foot almost every lap on the S/F straight to keep the cars behind close.
Some fun laps came out. When I passed Syd I started pushing harder and do gap.
With few more Hp, also the Corolla could be in the battle.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 09:20:16 AM +0100 »

I was really enjoying that until I found a hole by the side of the track which dumped me straight back to the pits, a lap down and with a 30 second penalty. Damn. The Corolla would make an awesome single-make series some time! Congrats Fabri and podium.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 09:20:57 AM +0100 »

I included the Hachi Roku as I'd hoped it would come into it's own at the end when everyone else had run out of tires, unfortunately while I did actually have loads of rubber left, my left rear was practically melting from the constant abuse here and as a result I simply couldn't put the power down.

Before the tires overheated on around lap 4 (I think) I was doing a fairly good job of keeping with Fabri without his having to lift (It was massively enjoyable the way he would walk away on the straights and I would then come charging back up to him under breaking and in the corners - exactly like some of the old Best Motoring battles held on this actual track back in the 90's/early 2000's Cool )
For what it's worth I actually think the Nissan was the car to beat here, the gearing is better for the track and the lack of surge from a turbo allows it to put it's power down better. I would have been curious to see how a Mustang would have faired but no-one picked it.

The AE86 is unlikely to re-appear with these cars (Unless the drift version has that little bit of extra power we need) but I think it could make for an excellent 1 make series. Somewhere I have a DVD from Bathurst '87 where the ATCC drivers are all in a spec race driving standard Corrola's for a 6 lap race of bathurst, fantastic action - almost like the British race of champions stuff from the 80's only with cars that are actually good Wink

I'll think of something for next week today/tomorrow - although not sure what yet....
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 09:24:58 AM +0100 »

I was really enjoying that until I found a hole by the side of the track which dumped me straight back to the pits, a lap down and with a 30 second penalty. Damn. The Corolla would make an awesome single-make series some time! Congrats Fabri and podium.

I thought I'd crashed on every part of the track while checking car speeds (I've been driving the DRM cars here too for giggles, trust me when I say I've had some SERIOUS offs!) - you're better at falling off than me then as I only fell through the floor when trying to drive to the vending machine in the pits.... Grin
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 01:02:09 PM +0100 »

Haven't got into the routine of racing yet but was hoping to turn up, but then realised at 8pm and having not driven the cars and its a track that's unknown to me it thought best to stay away

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 03:17:12 PM +0100 »

For future reference if you see these Mark - they're all road cars so have no real setting up to do besides tire pressures.
I intentionally pick tracks that are easy to learn too as they are just intended for fun.

Just dive in next time - if you turn up with 15 mins of practice left then that will be more than enough time Smiley
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 09:24:14 PM +0100 »

For future reference if you see these Mark - they're all road cars so have no real setting up to do besides tire pressures.
I intentionally pick tracks that are easy to learn too as they are just intended for fun.

Just dive in next time - if you turn up with 15 mins of practice left then that will be more than enough time Smiley
Not completely true as I forgot to check the fuel ammount needed and had to make a splash and dash! Roll Eyes

School is important, but race cars are importanter
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2020, 05:29:43 PM +0100 »

You'll have to bear with me for Wednesdays race - I can't talk to the remote server at the moment!
I had been trying to test the Oulton version on the server ready for R1 of the RSR's but that's off too at the minute!

I'll try to keep you updated
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2020, 08:06:47 PM +0100 »

Update 1: I'm not the only one affected. If it's still down by lunchtime tomorrow We'll can this Wednesday's race as no-one will have much practice time.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 01:43:16 PM +0100 »

Update 2: I can't get back on the server to remove some testing I put on this morning.
As per the post going up in Announcements I'm going to abandon the fun race this week  Sad
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 10:27:52 AM +0100 »

helpsmilie

Guy's, due to an admin oversight, we have a larger than usual quarterly cost to cover this month.

We know that these are difficult times and we truly appreciate whatever you can afford to donate to help keep us up and running.

Thanks in advance  I Am Not Worthy

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com