by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 12:34:29 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL Affinity / RaceInfo tool.  (Read 1971 times)
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2021, 08:11:49 AM +0100 »

I have been now testing the new version a bit over a year and all most annoying errors seems to be now fixed. Smiley

The thing I had been hinting in previous posts is something like lite version of Crew Chief, made with Windows speech synthesizer. So guy from the pits talks to you. Smiley About your fuel situation, your position, how long race has been going on or how much is still left and when you made your best lap in a session. Smiley This feature is optional so you can turn it off if you don't like it. Smiley

Funny enough, I did this about half year before Crew Chief started to support GTL. CC does provide more information, but to me less is more here. I want to know just the most important stuff and get noted when fuel is getting critically low. Smiley Of course as I do the things via shared memory of GTL, there's some limitations. the shared memory shows data from active car, so if you are watching someone else's view from pits, the guy in pits does not realize the active car changed and he tells you very enthusiastic way that you just made fastest lap in a session... To reduce this happening, there's two modes for the speech: Active and Active in Race only.

For Dimitar's video productions, I also added small window showing car's actual speed in km/h which you can then overlay in OBS (Open Broadcasting Studio) to top of the video stream, like I did here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGoKPmUXfS8 (look at the upper left corner.)

Hopefully I can make the release tonight or tomorrow so that this will be available for everyone in Isle of Man. Smiley

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2021, 09:21:05 AM +0100 »

Nice - looking forward to this  thumbup1

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2021, 06:32:18 PM +0100 »

Version 2 is available. Smiley Check out the first post for download.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2021, 01:05:26 PM +0100 »

I have downloaded and extracted files into a new folder. Dragged .exe to desktop and see an icon. But when clicked nothing appears and Ctrl/Alt/delete does not show it running?

Have I missed something?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2021, 05:15:04 PM +0100 »

Too bad it doesn't seem to work under Linux/Wine
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2021, 11:16:18 PM +0100 »

I have downloaded and extracted files into a new folder. Dragged .exe to desktop and see an icon. But when clicked nothing appears and Ctrl/Alt/delete does not show it running?

Have I missed something?

If you left click dragged it to desktop, it probably did copy of exe. Try to start it from the folder where you extracted it.

It opens a window when it successfully starts.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2021, 11:57:26 AM +0100 »

Ok now. This time I did right click and send to desktop and now it's working.

BTW you have a typo "Consumed"

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2021, 07:01:54 PM +0100 »

Ok now. This time I did right click and send to desktop and now it's working.

BTW you have a typo "Consumed"
Wow. Just one typo?

Cake and tea to everyone.  balloon

Thanks for the notice, I'll fix that for next version. Smiley

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2021, 04:43:18 PM +0000 »

Lasse, do you think your tool would help with a new problem I have since getting my new Fanatec wheel. In GT Legends I am now getting very low fps, as low as 25 sometimes. This has only happened since I got my new wheel & only in GTL, works fine in Raceroom & AC. I am totally lost when trying to sort these things, but am thinking that maybe the DD wheel needs more processing power to run it & is reducing the power available to run the graphics at a sensible rate as it is only using one core.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2021, 04:53:00 PM +0000 »

Have you tried setting GTL and/or the fanatect software (idf any) to all CPU affinity manually?

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2021, 03:07:50 PM +0000 »

Quick update: I tried Lasse's Affinity tool & it cured the problem, now getting between 200 & 300 fps, result. So I guess running GTL & my wheel only using one core was too much for it.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2021, 03:52:41 PM +0000 »

Makes a big difference on my new system if I don't set it to all cpus
I have always just set it manually.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2021, 03:01:48 PM +0000 »

Version update: 2.1 now available. Smiley

I replaced my 4 core, 8 thread i7-6700K to i7-12700KF with 8 P-core, 4 E-core, 20 thread cpu and noticed that my tool only supported up to 16 threads / logical cpus. That called fixing, so new version runs up to 30 threads / logical cpus. Smiley

The real suprise was still coming: GTL actually gains from my new cpu as long as all cores are enabled and v-sync is set off. I have my own testing version of JCRR's St. Roch hill climb track, in which I redid the shadows. With the old CPU (and v-sync off + my tool all cores enabled) it was build so that 28 fps was minimum fps during the run. Now Lowest I get is 59 fps. Shocked

So even though GTL seems to be using only 3-4 cores of the 20, it still keeps getting gains from newer CPU architectures. However, these gains can be only seen in tracks that are extremely heavy. In original tracks I doubt it makes much of a difference if you get 150 or 600 fps. Cheesy

And sorry Tony, I just realized that the spelling error is still there. I will release 2.1.1 soonish and it will fix that. ( While writing this, I fixed it straight away to waiting next update.)

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2022, 12:40:39 PM +0000 »

For Dimitar's video productions, I also added small window showing car's actual speed in km/h which you can then overlay in OBS (Open Broadcasting Studio) to top of the video stream, like I did here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGoKPmUXfS8 (look at the upper left corner.)

Big thanks, Nappe. I download it and will test ASAP.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2022, 10:31:21 PM +0000 »

Is it possible to change the blue bar whicj appears when I am not on the circuit by something else. For example the active bar and 0 as KMs, it's a little bit annoying at the moment when I am not on track.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com