Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 09:40:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun Race at Donington Nat: October 10, 2006
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race at Donington National - Oct 10  (Read 8605 times)
Paul Richards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2006, 09:43:56 PM +0100 »

Had a great view of TrueToms and Iains scrap which was allowing me to close up a bit. With no time to really set the car up I wasn't confident on the tyre state at that late stage (first time in the 360 and not part of a team to help) With no pressure from behind thought I would just wait and see what happened. Great racing chaps.

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2006, 09:52:37 PM +0100 »

Got the black flag at the start ???maybe pulled off the line too early,but I saw up at the top the countdown was down to 0:00 and just went and got the black flag :'(,shame after getting the pole.

Yes, I think that's what happened. You have to wait for the start lights to go out. I pulled away when you did and also got a stop & go penalty. Also, on the formation lap you should aim for a speed of about 75mph on the straights.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2006, 09:53:19 PM +0100 »

At no time during the first two seasons in GTR1 I had the courage to race as close as in GTR2 in the 2nd race allready. This will be FUUUUUUN !  

TT
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2006, 09:55:09 PM +0100 »

Had a great view of TrueToms and Iains scrap which was allowing me to close up a bit. With no time to really set the car up I wasn't confident on the tyre state at that late stage (first time in the 360 and not part of a team to help) With no pressure from behind thought I would just wait and see what happened. Great racing chaps.

yeah on the last lap i was trying my hardest to get back behind TT and my tyres must have melted because i just understeered in to the gravel, allowing you and Zacari past Sad

GtrRank name = Iain
Chunky

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2006, 09:57:27 PM +0100 »

Computer crashed AGAIN! just after quali, not sure why ummmm Huh
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2006, 10:03:30 PM +0100 »

had a bit of a mare in qually and race tonight, just couldnt seem to get my act together Embarrassed  Would have jumped about 9 places in qually with a great time near qually end but got badly blocked on final corners before s/f straight when i was 0.9 up  Angry didnt rant as it was one of the newer drivers, i just hopped up and down in my seat Grin...just try your mirrors next time Wink
Then on final lap of qually i was about 30m from the bloody line and half a sec up and the dreaded 'next session' came up. I cant believe they didnt fix that stupid error in this second attempt. Cars on a flyer should be allowed to finish their lap. Roll Eyes

Race was full of action as usual, but nearly got wiped out by a crazy dive from a ,ahem, usual suspect surrender in first couple of laps.  'said person' went flying off the track Roll Eyes.
 Had a good middle stint of race when i closed up on TT and Paul richards battle and was flying at that point but couldnt find a way past Pauls yellow fezza allowing TT to scamper off and Shark to close up. His usual scare tactics of diving down both sides of me paid dividends once again as i ran too wide up at coppice and got a rear left wheel onto the kerb which span me :'(  Lost a whole heap of places and fought my way back past a few until i got to PRibeiro in his Nissan and he performed some great and fair defensive driving for the remaining laps to keep me behind. I think i had him at the end of the long straight at one point but the site of a spinning fezza up ahead made me back right out of it rather than risk a smash.
I then ducked out a second time at race end when i saw the lapping Ruskus and Claus approaching. angel  Claus then lost it in front of me whilst i was flat out in 3rd and i had to take a huge broadside avoiding action to miss his spinning car Shocked Grin
Not one of my better races Embarrassed

Those TVR's look and sound fantastic and i'd like to drive one in the game but i just cant handle that poky little view inside and cheap looking dash.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2006, 10:04:38 PM +0100 »

Main event Replay and Unofficial results

Overflow server Replay The results are in the replay zip as usual but will probably not get imported in to an event.

I think we will try this again, running the 2 servers. I was in communication with Shark via TeamSpeak and the major lag event coincided with me killing the second server. This shouldn't normally be happening, a little teething problem. Watching the server frame rates via Remote Desktop also showed fluctuations often when people joined or left. This happens less in the race, maybe why things improved, apart from me closing RD.

Yes Aagramn, there was not a lot between us. You got past when I got distracted by someone shouting in my lug-hole via TeamSpeak, but you were a fraction quicker. Good racing Smiley

LuKe#69

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2006, 10:17:19 PM +0100 »

ok,cheers hopefully do better tomorrow.

Got the black flag at the start ???maybe pulled off the line too early,but I saw up at the top the countdown was down to 0:00 and just went and got the black flag :'(,shame after getting the pole.

Yes, I think that's what happened. You have to wait for the start lights to go out. I pulled away when you did and also got a stop & go penalty. Also, on the formation lap you should aim for a speed of about 75mph on the straights.

JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2006, 10:35:46 PM +0100 »

At no time during the first two seasons in GTR1 I had the courage to race as close as in GTR2 in the 2nd race allready. This will be FUUUUUUN ! 

TT

I'm with you TT. Had a little moment following another car closely that in GTR would've spun me but all was well and ready to battle again moments later, instead of heading back to the pits Wink
Can't wait for the season(s) to start Grin

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2006, 11:28:57 PM +0100 »

Overflow server Replay The results are in the replay zip as usual but will probably not get imported in to an event.

... although if they did they would look like this... Wink

Comedy start with one driver moving off while the grid was still forming (why does it take so long for some drivers to join the grid when there was 5 minutes of warmup available for checking the setup etc?), then getting a black flag and zooming off to take a stop and go, rejoining from the pits near the tail of the field as they came round to take the start, going off and causing a pileup letting me climb way up into the lead, getting past me when I slid slightly wide at McLeans, then spinning off a lap or two later and quitting, pickup race stylee, giving me a lead which despite Ossie spinning back across the track after the Old Hairpin and collecting me (removing my lights, boo!) I just managed to keep it together despite a slight loss of front downforce and took a very unlikely overflow win in the 350Z ahead of Gerald's ever-closing Ferrari 360.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2006, 11:34:07 PM +0100 »

Now, how about penalize the people that, after one spin, leave the race?

It won't go unnoticed, to be sure. Angry

pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2006, 11:48:18 PM +0100 »

can you please explain? I´m not sure i understand what you mean....

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2006, 11:59:49 PM +0100 »

can you please explain? I´m not sure i understand what you mean....

I mean if a full time driver makes a habit of leaving championship races just because they have a couple of spins they will find themselves demoted to part timer pretty quickly.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2006, 08:12:19 AM +0100 »

Too right Dave, spot on, thats always annoyed me when people quit so early because they have had an off or been trying to win the race on the first couple of laps. Especially in endurance races  Angry

jan duijs

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2006, 10:08:19 AM +0100 »

Enjoyed last night,the practice and qualy that is,got a DQ for the race Sad I was on the grid and decided to go back in for some extra fuel (never good at this).Then with some 50 sec on the clock i could not get in anymore .When i am racing on public servers you can go in and out as much as you like,so maybe this a serversetting?
Anyway nice to see a full grid,hope to make it tonight.

Jan
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 10:10:07 AM +0100 by jan duijs » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com