by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 09:47:48 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: G29 pedals problem in GTL  (Read 669 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2020, 04:30:46 PM +0100 »

Anyone know a fix to this problem that a new member has experienced?

Seems the accelerator pedal also acts a brake if it is not depressed. I thought it might be the single axis problem but apparently this box is ticked in the Logitech profiler.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 05:16:09 PM +0100 »

I cannot speak for the G29, but if I recall correctly this problem can occur with the G25 if the various axis ( accelerator / brake / clutch ) are not assigned within the profiler AND within the game.

If the problem is the same as I had a few years back......
The controls default to a single axis and the accelerator works exactly as that, for as long as it is depressed and NOT at zero. But as soon as you lift your foot off of the gas, the brakes are applied automatically ( the changeover might just be at 50% depression?? I cannot remember ) Either way, I would check in the LOGITECH PROFILER that each axis is correctly assigned ( I think there is a simple graphic with funky noises )  and then check in the GTL options and Controls that the correct controller is active, and that the separate axis are assigned.

Hope that helps.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
zerocat01

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 09:13:32 AM +0100 »

Hi guys, thanks for the help. I re-bought GTL from steam and after a bit of trial and error the pedals now seem to work fine on my G29. Cheers Tony Wink
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 03:37:20 PM +0100 »

Re-bought?  Shocked You could have just uninstalled the version you had!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 08:56:30 PM +0100 »

Re-bought?  Shocked You could have just uninstalled the version you had!
He had a refund from Steam for the first purchase

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

zerocat01

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 07:39:14 PM +0100 »

Yep,bought it, thought i couldn't get it working so applied for refund,  then re-bought it and got it working  so happy days Grin
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 07:41:19 PM +0100 by zerocat01 » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 06:47:03 PM +0100 »

I would be interested to hear if anyone else with an ageing Logitech wheel has experienced similar issues before I invest in a Thrustmaster or even a Fanatec.
My G25 wheel works well for a while ( in fact most of the time ) and despite the infamous centre dead spot all feels well, then I get a few moments when my input via the wheel rotation is fractionally delayed. The result is most profound on the exit of a corner when a little counter steering/opposite lock is required as the rear end reaches the limits of adhesion.
One would normally apply an instant correction instinctively and continue on your way leaving a small cloud of tyre smoke behind. But, when my input is delayed and the slide is not immediately corrected I apply even more correction, which results a second later in a massive over correction and the cars whips back in the opposite direction...trying to correct that is also delayed and the whole procedure is repeated. The end result from a small slide is an ever increasing tank slapper that proves impossible to control and the car eventually leaves the track at a high rate of knots with a very irritated driver  on board.
I am thinking that the G25 might require a strip down and clean, it is as if something is interrupting the reading of the encoder disk and it misses a few pulses and then corrects itself? Maybe the disk is cracked or broken? I cannot think that it is a PC/software issue as I have checked and cannot find anything else running even in the background?

Rank   Only when I sweat
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 12:19:34 AM +0100 »

I think Geoff has the same wheel and problems with GT Legends. Can you please tell him about this?

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 09:00:23 AM +0100 »

I think Geoff has the same wheel and problems with GT Legends. Can you please tell him about this?

My problem is just that I cannot get GTL to run with my G29 on GHub. It seems to be a common problem after the last Logitech update from what I have discovered, not just with GTL but with other sims too & seems rather random. For example several people seem not to be able to run Raceroom but that works OK for me. Hoping the next Logitech update will sort the problem.

I think Clive's problem may well be that his wheel may need a clean or something inside is not quite as it should be causing a delay in inputs being implemented.

As far as I am concerned, the good news is I have ordered a new Fanatec wheel, bad news is it won't arrive until November!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 12:31:45 PM +0100 »

Interesting comment about recent Logitech update from Geoffers, although I am not sure if the G25 still qualifies for updates?

Besides this weird steering problem I was effectively dropped from a GPL race last Tuesday because I simply could not select any gears. The steering worked ( not sure about the "delay" issue as I was more focused on the gearbox issues ) the pedals worked, but no gears could be selected.

I spent quali on a panicked recalibration of the Bodnar cables, and also within GPL, that achieved nothing. With a few minutes left, I even disconnected the Bodnar cable from the shifter, unscrewed the wheel from my rig and re-connected the shifter to the Logitech socket ....re calibrated etc and..... nothing!!

Eventually I had to delete my controls.cfg file in my GPL player directory and allow the game to rebuild the file. Too late to join the GPL race but a problem that I have never had before. Update related?? I don't know.  Undecided

I think a strip down and clean is the first job and the easiest. Failing that, the harder job might be building a convincing business case for the purchase of a new Fanatec wheel  Roll Eyes

Rank   Only when I sweat
Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 03:46:10 PM +0100 »

I think a strip down and clean is the first job and the easiest. Failing that, the harder job might be building a convincing business case for the purchase of a new Fanatec wheel  Roll Eyes

Fanatec only has direct drives in the catalog ... with delays ... very long Lips Sealed
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2021, 10:19:09 PM +0100 »

Would be a huge upgrade on the G25 though......

I only bought the Clubsport V2.5 last year, and the launch of this CSL DD has really tempted me to change it already. Really good price for a DD wheel.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com