The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 07:26:09 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A16 RSR Anglesey: September 16, 2020
September 16, 2020, 08:38:12 PM +0100 - Anglesey (International) - UKAC Season 16 RSR Challenge
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 2 +0.347
---
1 32:24.118
---
20 1:36.228
---
Avon  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 3 +0.508
---
2 +13.671
---
20 1:36.981
---
Avon  
IbnSolmyr

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 4 +1.018
---
3 +23.873
---
20 1:36.868
---
Avon  
Jos Ogos

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 5 +1.795
---
4 +53.623
---
20 1:37.941
---
Avon  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 8 +3.165
---
5 +53.967
---
20 1:38.685
---
Avon  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 6 +59.804
---
20 1:38.770
---
Avon  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 10 +34.627
---
7 +1:00.115
---
20 1:37.878
---
Avon  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 7 +2.843
---
8 +1:00.536
---
20 1:38.221
---
Avon  
KDiesel

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 11 +27:45:04.223
---
9 +1:24.480
---
20 1:38.530
---
Avon  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 6 +2.603
---
10 +1L
---
19 1:38.589
---
Avon  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 1 1:35.776
---
11 +10L
---
10 1:36.781
---
Avon  
Toni Talvitie

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 9 +3.513
---
12 +16L
---
4 1:39.258
---
Avon  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC DNS ---
---
Avon  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC ---
---
Avon  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
---
Avon  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
---
Avon  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
PCC
1:35.776
---
Manteos
Qualifying
Porsche 911 Carrera RSRSeptember 16, 2020, 08:38:12 PM +0100
A16RSR
Assetto Corsa
PCC
1:36.228
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Porsche 911 Carrera RSRSeptember 16, 2020, 08:38:12 PM +0100
A16RSR
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 16 Season 16 RSR Challenge - Anglesey - Sep 16  (Read 1242 times)
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 05:56:47 PM +0100 »

hmm.. I'm 3secs off, the lap comparison says I need to up my corner speed yet I can only see that it will make the car too loose as I cant lean on the front end as it is.

I'll be circulating at the back!
Same here, I'm way off the pace as well, you'll have company. If I push more car swaps ends. Hell, sometimes it swaps ends even if I don't push.
Lorenzo Galluzzi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 06:10:03 PM +0100 »

will join the championship from the second race, sorry for tonight, i did my best but couldn't make it Cry
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 07:05:00 PM +0100 »

hmm.. I'm 3secs off, the lap comparison says I need to up my corner speed yet I can only see that it will make the car too loose as I cant lean on the front end as it is.

I'll be circulating at the back!

A big chunk of time comes from T3 - if you're on the power too soon you'll scrub loads of time.
In a lot of cases despite thinking you want more turn you actually want the opposite. Understeer is a natural traction control as you can get on the power harder in a car that doesn't want to turn (Most of my drifty setups in really old cars are massively understeery).

Also play with your gearing, unnecessary gear changes are just as bad as having too few revs when exiting a corner. In really slow corners the problem is often that you have too many revs/too much power.
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2020, 09:23:37 PM +0100 »

Mixed bag of a race for me. Qualified 6th and kept it at the start. Then Mateo spun and I was 5th. Jos had a bad exit on the left corner down the hill, and I was 4th. I was doing consistent if not fast laps. And just as I was side by side with Jos, about half way through the race, my screen went black. I pressed on the brakes, moved the mouse and screen came back but I was down in 6th, and my framerate was not very good after this. Don't think it's track specific, as I've had it happen before, though very rarely. I kept fairly close to 5th, but then saw that there will be 1 lap more than I expected. In  the end I ran out of fuel after T3 going up the hill on the last lap.
Congrats Tim on the win and the rest on the podium.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2020, 10:02:43 PM +0100 »

As I expected that was my all time worse race laugh

Didn't run AC by ages and this is not the easiest car to drive. My setup was complete rubbish. Every time I put the right foot on the throttle I lose control. Same happened when braking.
I guess my actual pace was near 1.40.000. One lap every 4 I managed to stay on the grey bit  Undecided. With manual cluctch I had a lot of issues, destroying my gearbox after less than 20 minutes, so my race ended very soon.

I will try to remember in which way I managed to finish some 1h race 1 year ago with the GPL mod and manual shifting. Every car in Assetto Corsa Competizione is a lot easier to drive, and I completely forgot how to get some pace in these old wheelbarrows. I looked like an old man completely drunk driving around the track. The fact that I was actually completely sober doesn't testifies in my favor Cheesy

Will try to be more prepared for the next.

Grats to Tim, Fabri and Solmyr.

See you chaps

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 10:48:53 PM +0100 »

I might have uploaded the wrong results file here... Hopefully we'll have tonight's results showing by the weekend  ninja
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 09:49:14 AM +0100 »

Great race yesterday after a few months on the dock.
Anglesey is a beautiful and challenging track that I didn't know before this race. The Porsche 911 Carrera RSR, a classic. Great combo selection  clap

The first few laps showed my lack of practice for a few months with a couple of mistakes... I managed to mitigate them by prompt recoveries (a good sign  sweatdrop) and minimised time lost... That, actually, made the race more interesting as I had no pace to fight the top three (congrats to the podium!) and could enjoy some fighting with Syd and Mark.

Considering this, the race couldn't have gone better. I realised (thanks to my CrewChief) that I didn't have enough fuel to keep the pace I had after recovering P4... A massive challenge to control my fuel then until the end... It was really on the edge (0.2 litres left at the end!). Running at that poor pace allowed Mark to catch up with me and add some pressure at the end of the race.
All in all, great fights (a bit tight in T2 - T3 and terrific fun! Enjoy.

You can watch the race here (from my perspective): https://youtu.be/dsB9oHawKSQ

Jos Ogos

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 10:42:38 AM +0100 »

No practice for this one so just kept out of the way at the start and took things easy. Used an old setup which seemed to work ok but had a few issues with brake balance causing entry oversteer which caused a few  Roll Eyes moments. Put in plenty of fuel because I don't trust fuel apps!

Made up a few places through other's misfortunes in the early laps and settled down to a nice battle with Bob. He seemed quicker but my usual slow in/faster out style made me difficult to pass. Enjoyed the track more than I thought and always enjoy the RSR.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2020, 11:22:40 AM +0100 »

Really enjoyed last night, find it a hard car to set up and it seems unpredictable at times. Made a mistake on first lap resulting in an off, sorry Frex my fault, but then settled into a race long battle with Goltop in front and Frex just behind. Great racing with these cars shame I'll miss next week, have fun.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2020, 12:24:14 PM +0100 »

Made a mistake on first lap resulting in an off, sorry Frex my fault

No worries Bob, I think it was a bit of a 50:50 one to be honest. Shame we were delayed, but the racing after was good. Close finish at the end! Congrats podium.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2020, 12:48:29 PM +0100 »

You guys don't seem to have to fight with the auto-clutch like I do which make gear changes pretty unpredictable as its on a delay from when you click to change gear.

Tough race just driving the car for so long, while trying to avoid others on track! Glad to just finish tbh. enjoyable though.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 02:27:52 PM +0100 »

Great 911, nice technical track.

Great vid Jos as always !

Quite unimpressed with the qualif session though : 2 laps to get the tires pressured, then I was behind someone slower and had to slow down to get a bit of room, which led me to bother Syd in turn. So the problem is that we'd need to keep a large room between every driver imo, quite like in actual modern F1.

Start was correct here, as the right side was a compensation to the little gap. Managed to get P3 after T2, then P2 because of the Matteo's out. I seemed to be able to hook me up to Tim, but then I realised I had forgotten to use my fan (behind my back), and it's particularly hot these days in France, so I started to get very uncomfortable over the time, proportionally with my attacking level. Sweat drops were rolling onto my face, in my eyes, etc.. Tim was grabbing some thenghs, so I slowed down a bit. But at a time I got distracted enough to miss my braking at T2 and went off. Restarting just behind Fabrizio, then the story repeated. I gave up on the idea to do better than 3rd, had a comfortable gap.
Eventually I realised that I was very short on fuel, so I started to save some. Finnished the 1 1/2 last lap lifting off and wasn't unfazed.

Congrats front guys, well done all finishers !

I hope for a better attendance next races.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 02:29:58 PM +0100 by IbnSolmyr » Logged

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 09:32:01 PM +0100 »

Right, that's the league tables fixed and next weeks race sorted...

I really enjoyed last night - although a bit gutted that Manteos made a rapid exit as I was looking forward to one of our good old scraps!
Qualifying went well until the last second when I was well and truly jumped (Cracking time!).
Qualifying will not be getting longer - the original series only allowed 1 qualifying lap, I'm only allowing the extra time as I'm too lazy to check no-one does 2 laps after the race Wink

Due to nice weather here in Blighty I did very little practice before getting onto the server after I started it. As a result I had to learn the lines properly as I was about 2 seconds down on Manteos and Fabri and then have a play with my setup to make more pace.
As usual I had a drifty car, but made several changes to improve stability in the middle of practice, this unlocked the extra 0.5-1 second I needed to get to the front as I was able to not only brake deeper/trail brake more, but also had a stable enough car I could throw it into T1 like I did my Nissan last time I was here for real (T1 is a fantastic corner, it's not even especially hard in a road car but is just perfect for a good slide Cool ).

The improved setup seemed to fix my earlier problems of the car getting much slower over time as the balance changed, and instead got faster. I actually had a car that was pretty slow for the first 5 laps or so as the tires hadn't fully come upto temp/pressure enough to make the car handle well. After that I was having a ball!

Well done to Fabri and Maxime on the podium, bad luck to Manteos and Syd, and well done to all the finishers - hopefully we'll have more drivers at Pau to keep things interesting
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2020, 11:18:24 PM +0100 »

I'm not a great fan of this kind of cars (I prefer open wheels or prototypes), so I consider a second place to be pretty good. Of course, I like the 911 in appearance, one of the most beautiful cars ever.

Congratulations to all! Very clean race.

PS: impressive crazy lap, Matteo, during Qual. Un giro a vita persa.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com