The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 05:11:11 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A16 RSR Spa: September 30, 2020
September 30, 2020, 05:16:55 PM +0100 - Spa (2007-) - UKAC Season 16 RSR Challenge
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 2 +0.508
---
1 1:04:53.149
---
24 2:40.786
---
Avon  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 1 2:40.845
---
2 +8.083
---
24 2:41.110
---
Avon  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 5 +1.992
---
3 +40.786
---
24 2:42.102
---
Avon  
Jos Ogos

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 3 +1.604
---
4 +49.736
---
24 2:42.459
---
Avon  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 10 +27:43:59.154
---
5 +1:02.830
---
24 2:42.893
---
Avon  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 4 +1.736
---
6 +1:05.817
---
24 2:42.585
---
Avon  
IbnSolmyr

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 7 +2.790
---
7 +1:24.600
---
24 2:44.085
---
Avon  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 6 +2.000
---
8 +2:02.873
---
24 2:44.108
---
Avon  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 8 +3.887
---
9 +2:04.062
---
24 2:44.501
---
Avon  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 11 +27:43:59.154
---
10 +1L
---
23 2:46.780
---
Avon  
KDiesel

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 11 +18L
---
6 2:45.393
---
Avon  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 9 +4.137
---
DNS ---
---
Avon  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC ---
---
Avon  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
---
Avon  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
---
Avon  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
---
Avon  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
PCC
2:40.845
---
Fabri Fibra
Qualifying
Porsche 911 Carrera RSRSeptember 30, 2020, 05:16:55 PM +0100
A16RSR
Assetto Corsa
PCC
2:40.786
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Porsche 911 Carrera RSRSeptember 30, 2020, 05:16:55 PM +0100
A16RSR
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 16 Season 16 RSR Challenge - Spa - Sep 30  (Read 1366 times)
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2020, 01:14:41 PM +0100 »

Unfortunately I won't be' able ti join the race in Amy case. Sorry again chaps. 

Have fun

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2020, 06:53:03 PM +0100 »

Race server now up (early) so you'll need the password to join  Smiley
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2020, 08:49:25 PM +0100 »

What a bloody waste of time, kicked to desktop when sent out on track, re-joined and the minute lights changed dumped out again. Absolutely bloody gutted, the one race I practiced and looked forward to and this happens, time for me to pack it in.
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2020, 09:05:12 PM +0100 »

Stupid Beetle with tuned engine....my grannys sewing machine keeps better noise that this.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2020, 12:44:18 AM +0100 »

I got a bit distracted in the break between qualifying and the race, because I was also chatting with a girl. I got a little out of focus.  Roll Eyes
I did a pretty bad start, or rather, I came out badly, sliping, at La Source. I made a further mistake at Eau Rouge. I had to fight with Jos and Tim firmly took first place.
Having regained the necessary concentration, I began to take my pace, similar to that of Tim. Unfortunately, when I tried to push a little harder, I made small mistakes that made me waste time instead of earning it.
This car is so, it should be driven gently.
The gap remained about 5-6 seconds in the second half of race. Nothing, another second place.
Tim is too strong!

I want to see the battle between Mark and Jos.Smiley

Lorenzo Galluzzi

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2020, 09:23:15 AM +0100 »

Sorry guys, had some problems at work and couldn't make it.

Regards

Lorenzo
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2020, 11:41:21 AM +0100 »

Sorry to see your probems there Bob - I don' think anyone else had issues so not sure what went wrong for you Sad

I enjoyed that one - even if I did royally mess up qualifying (This was the exact reason Simon originally ran this series with only 1 flying lap, you have to choose between max attack and a safe lap time).

At the race I got a launch that was equal enough to Fabri to stay alongside into the 1st corner.
I then forced the car to slide into the hairpin and set up a drift to keep mid-corner speed up and somehow popped out of the other side with a run on him down the hill Cool

After the few small mistakes, and the fight with Jos slowing him I was able to get a couple of seconds of clean air behind me. As I didn't have to worry about attacks from behind I could just concentrate on lapping fast.
Aside from 2 minor mistakes in the race I other wise kept it together and spent much of the race with a 6 second gap - kind of lonely especially when I could see an epic battle raging between Mark and Jos in the timings!

Well done to Fabri for some great pace last night - being honest it was only really lap 1 and a bit more consistency that let me get that one un-challenged.
Also congratulations to Mark for eventually coming out on top and claiming 3rd, I'll hopefully get a chance to watch the replay of that before tonights race..

Well done to all finishers, and hour in these cars is hard work! Cheesy
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2020, 12:20:24 PM +0100 »

Messy race for me which is annoying because I'm usually a bit more consistent than that  Roll Eyes

Found some decent pace in quali but ran out wide at Blanchimont losing my time when I was over a second up on my first banker lap. Had to take avoiding action at the start when Frex selected reverse going into La Source which put me at the back of the pack.

Enjoyed the chase back but was distracted by yellow flags as someone in front seemed to be spending more time off track than on it! Eventually settled into a nice race with a long running battle with Syd. I made too many mistakes looking for a way past and spun several times chasing back then had to pick myself up and start all over again. I eventually found a way through with 3 or 4 laps to go. 

Congrats to pody.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
frex

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2020, 01:00:04 PM +0100 »

Had to take avoiding action at the start when Frex selected reverse going into La Source which put me at the back of the pack.

Yeah, sorry again about that, still not really sure happened there - initially couldn't get a gear at all, and then got reverse instead of first. I thought maybe some wear in the shifter and concerned it may happen again at some point, but thankfully the rest of the race was ok. Shame, as I thought I might have been in the fight for P3, but no matter as still had some good fights along the way. Fun car to drive.

Congrats podium.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2020, 04:15:12 PM +0100 »

It was hard work doing two different sim races straight after the other but glad i made the effort as it was as much fun as i was hoping for. Though did think i would be fighting a gaggle of cars rather than just one the whole hour!  Grin

turned up thankfully with just enough time to get two flying laps in but had to settle for 5th as couldnt match my pbs coming straight from a modern 911 cup car in i-Racing to a 1970's RSR in AC without any warm up laps  Tongue
Got a good start and shot up the outside for La Source taking a look at Jos and Fabri whilst Syd attacked me down to Radillion. That continued for about a lap until we shook off Syd and it then turned into an hour long fight with Jos for 3rd place  I could see Fabri and Tim up ahead but whilst we were duking it out it was allowing both to build up a steady lead with no pressure. I wanted to get past to mount an attack on Fabri but Jos put up a sterling defence and we swapped places countless times. He always placed his car well each time i got a run on him. Twice i got ahead and then ran out of room at the end of the Kemmel with a snatching front right so he was able to retake the place.
After another cracking dice at the bus stop late on, he got another let off, i went for the old switch and duck under move through the chicane but must have been slightly on the marbles on the outside and the car pitched right instead of left unexpectedly!  taz That gave Jos about a 5 second cushion and it took me about 5laps to reclose that gap and pressure him again.
In the closing minutes i think we were both running out of tyres a little as both were twitching through Pouhon but i got a great late run on Jos in sector 3, with a good exit onto the back straight and was able to power up the inside of him for the fast left hander at Blanchimont. I took as narrow a line as the tyres would let me and could only trust that Jos would avoid contact as we both swept into the turn, then a brief glimpse in my mirror told me i had the place! and i kept it composed into the following chicane. He valiantly tried to come back at me on the very last lap but think his tyres gave up at campus and i romped home for 3rd  Smiley
It was a fantastic battle for an hour  Cool
Congrats to Tim on the win and Fabris well earned 2nd place  Smiley

Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2020, 09:42:36 PM +0100 »

Great race/fight yesterday at Spa with the 911 RSR. An epic battle with Mark and a very well deserved ending for both of us Cheesy.
La Source was fine and Mark didn't present much of a risk there, but my stupid tendency to take Eau Rouge too quickly made me lose a lot of time at Raidillon in too many laps... Then Mark was faster from Fagnes to the end... Specially Campus (he was really a few tents faster than I all the way)... Anyway, I could hold him for most of the race... Congrats on a fantastic fight and a well-deserved podium. Also to Tim and Fabri. I hope you all enjoy this epic battle.
https://youtu.be/DxviFYyfkYU

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2020, 12:40:10 PM +0100 »

Great race/fight yesterday at Spa with the 911 RSR. An epic battle with Mark and a very well deserved ending for both of us Cheesy.
La Source was fine and Mark didn't present much of a risk there, but my stupid tendency to take Eau Rouge too quickly made me lose a lot of time at Raidillon in too many laps... Then Mark was faster from Fagnes to the end... Specially Campus (he was really a few tents faster than I all the way)... Anyway, I could hold him for most of the race... Congrats on a fantastic fight and a well-deserved podium. Also to Tim and Fabri. I hope you all enjoy this epic battle.
https://youtu.be/DxviFYyfkYU

Just watched nearly that entire hour of racing again  Grin awesome battle. For any neutrals who dont want to watch the whole thing, the lap from about 1hr:01 onwards sums up our whole hour pretty much  Cool Side by side through Blanchimont for the coveted 3rd spot Shocked nice way to earn it.
love your setup Jos, feels like you are in the car.  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com