The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 08:42:16 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7WTCR19 Nürburgring: October 01, 2020
October 01, 2020, 08:19:29 PM +0100 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - RRE Season 7 (2020) WTCR 2019
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Glenn Richardson

Honda Civic TCR TCR
---
1 36:43.202
---
4 0 9:07.120
---
Yokohama  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lynk & Co 03 TCR TCR 1 +9:26.140
---
2 +14.352
---
4 0 9:10.559
---
Goodyear  
azaris

Honda Civic TCR TCR 2 +9:31.218
---
3 +1:28.320
---
4 0 9:29.311
---
Yokohama  
BiriBiri

Lada Vesta WTCC WTCC
---
4 +1:38.307
---
4 0 9:29.399
---
Yokohama  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Hyundai i30 N TCR TCR 3 +11:25.319
---
5 +1L
---
3 0 11:09.271
---
Yokohama  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
VW Golf TCR TCR
---
6 +3L 1 0 10:11.833
---
unknown
Yokohama  
picnic
 Team Shark
Honda Civic TCR TCR
---
7 +4L 0 0 ---
---
unknown
Yokohama  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
TCR
9:26.140
---
Geoffers
Qualifying
Lynk & Co 03 TCROctober 01, 2020, 08:19:29 PM +0100
E7WTCR19
Race Room Experience
WTCC
9:29.399
---
BiriBiri
Race
Lada Vesta WTCCOctober 01, 2020, 08:19:29 PM +0100
E7WTCR19
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room WTCR 2019 - Nürburgring - Oct 1  (Read 1204 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 09:18:20 AM +0100 »

There isn't any choices of when to start lap timing etc. I think when they run their sessions they script it using commands that we don't have
access to

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2020, 11:03:15 AM +0100 »

There's definitely an option to set individual qualifying on dedicated servers, I've raced on a server that had it set up that way.

I will test the GP circuit shortcut tonight, it definitely used to work because the AI did the same in single player qualifying sessions. Maybe you have to be careful how you rejoin the track so you don't get your next lap invalidated?
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2020, 05:15:26 PM +0100 »

Tried the shortcut. It works in both single player qualifying and practice. Doesn't seem to work in leaderboard mode but it's not really needed there.

For Bill and others struggling with the Audi, it has tons of lift-off oversteer, as do the other cars to some extent. That can really bite you in the fast corners where you can't take it flat out but coming off the throttle sends the car fish-tailing. I've found you should gently apply moderate braking input before coming off the throttle to make sure the rear doesn't escape (it's okay to drag the brakes a little) and make sure you're never just coasting. Otherwise, if you can do all your braking in a straight line that will also help. Some places like Wehrseifen that might mean coming on and off the brakes several times because the braking zone starts in the middle of the previous corner.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2020, 05:41:02 PM +0100 »

Tried the shortcut. It works in both single player qualifying and practice. Doesn't seem to work in leaderboard mode but it's not really needed there.

For Bill and others struggling with the Audi, it has tons of lift-off oversteer, as do the other cars to some extent. That can really bite you in the fast corners where you can't take it flat out but coming off the throttle sends the car fish-tailing. I've found you should gently apply moderate braking input before coming off the throttle to make sure the rear doesn't escape (it's okay to drag the brakes a little) and make sure you're never just coasting. Otherwise, if you can do all your braking in a straight line that will also help. Some places like Wehrseifen that might mean coming on and off the brakes several times because the braking zone starts in the middle of the previous corner.

Thanks will try it out.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2020, 06:17:04 PM +0100 »

And the shortcut has been talked about here before as well.

Thursday is my only day this week were I could be home in time for the race, but then its this track...So I wont be.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2020, 03:36:17 PM +0100 »

Started also today with the training, never driven on the nordschleiffe. For the moment up to the carroussel is in my head. Last part always uncertain for me the corner.

Thx to Geoff with the setup tips, wil drive the LADA (good old memories when i was 3 up to 6 years old. My dad had a Lada Niva.

And did a single event 24hr track and even the AI players are shortcutting when doing practice and quali after the GP part of the circuit to start a new lap.

see you this evening, watch out for the belgian driver that could brake earlier because i don't know how hard the turn will tighten Grin Grin
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2020, 07:23:57 PM +0100 »

I may have a chance then Roll Eyes

Server and slient needed a small update, Server is running again. I will join at 19:30 to start prac

@Bill, try the Lada, it has a lot less lift off oversteer, and is pretty stable.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2020, 07:40:24 PM +0100 »

I see the server is set for 30min races, surely that means we will do 4 laps!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2020, 08:36:41 PM +0100 »

Logged on to join server and see I just missed the race start. Have a good one.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2020, 09:15:24 PM +0100 »

Logged on to join server and see I just missed the race start.

You didn't miss much Frex!!!!!!!
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2020, 09:46:39 PM +0100 »

Race 1:
Medium start, and placed myself between Toni and Pete. Just before entering the Nordshleiffe i let Pete pass because i was uncertain about my skill level at this track. Followed for a while Toni and Pete at a distance until the last part of lap 1. At Pfartzgarten i got sideways due to drop at the braking point. I thought i catch it but the the left rear tire touched the gravel and i spinned. In the next corner Pete was in the barrier, and then for the remaining 3 laps i was at the same pace of Toni, but 8 to 10sec behind him.

I thought it was only 1 race, and was surprised by race 2 Grin
Good start, Geoff even better but forgot to brake  Grin and after a tab in the chicane i was in second position behind Richardson. I knew i couldn't follow him and started my own pace to manage the gap with 3th position. Martin and Toni crashed and i got now a gap of 30sec with Geoff.

But then screen freezed and i got disconnected  Angry Sad cursing censored

2nd or 3th place was possible.

Was a challenging race, so once in a while this amazing track is not wrong
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2020, 10:00:36 PM +0100 »

Appologies for the race time. I had wanted to test that 20 mins or less would give 3 laps only, but I left it at 30mins to make sure
we got at least 3 laps. Have not been able to do much with this this week, as my normal gaming machine was trashed.
(is now rebuilt for the 3rd time with Win10, so need to get GTL working, this will probably work.
So no admin, no testing, no practice or setup time. Tried to run from by office machine, but it had no sound  Cry
managed to get some sound out of the front jacks just before race start. went off and killed the engine, or at least
it seemed slow, race 2 even worse, this time really did kill the engine. Shame as I do like the Green Hell, and I like the cars  taz

azaris

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2020, 10:21:35 PM +0100 »

Wasn't really prepared for an endurance race, good thing I double checked the race distance before the start Roll Eyes. Race 1 went fine, although a hairy moment with Pete unfortunately ended up with him in the wall. You'd think TCRs are easy cause they're FWD but there's so many fast corners where you can just lose it for a moment and instantly end your race.

By the end I was pretty exhausted and there was still another one to go. Mercifully race 2 ended on lap 1 with a massive tank slapper. Congrats Glenn and Bill for persevering through laugh. Probably a reason why they don't race 4 laps back-to-back at this track in real life.
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 10:25:53 PM +0100 »

I love this car and track combination (I get the impression not too many others do). The WTCR cars ride the kerbs and bumps so well, it's not often you can be so aggressive at the Nordschleife.

Having lost track of time there wasn't enough time to get a qualifying lap in when I joined so I just went with the default setup with some fuel added and brake bias slightly forward and had to start from the back. I did squeeze Geoff a little when making the move for the lead as I bounced off a kerb on the inside so apologies for that. In the end the race panned out much like the real race 1 last weekend with me in the Honda trying to make enough of a gap to avoid towing Geoff down the straight in the Lynk & Co as Guerrieri did with Muller. Well done to Geoff for second and keeping the pressure on and to Toni for 3rd.

I lucked into the lead in race 2 after a few cars went wide, big well done to Bill for second  clap

The next two circuits are probably my lesser liked tracks from the WTCR calendar.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2020, 08:58:35 AM +0100 »

My Golf does lift off oversteer really well  Roll Eyes I need to have reduced that, as getting off line at speed usually meant
a lot of loosing it. I think the real races are one on Sat and one on Sun? Probably should have taken the Lada
as it is much more freindly. Don't know about Slovakia, but Hungaroring is one of my faves.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com