by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 23, 2024, 11:50:15 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 NoGrip Legacy HTC Event 16: Daytona Road Course normal race.  (Read 545 times)
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 10:13:49 PM +0100 »

Lol, it gets no better, my load cell in my pedals just failed, it's a conspiracy....

...but better now than in middle of the race?  angel

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2020, 10:15:23 PM +0100 »

It was fear that did it!!!  Fear of being caught by you big boys  scared

Markus and Geoffers were just too fast, although I did get a buzz from leading Geoff for the first lap lol.........but I knew it would not last lol!!

TBH I think I simply "lucked out". I had tinkered with a setup for the Alfa in previous races and it was beginning to drive like I wanted it to. Earlier this afternoon, I did my usual server/car/track check.
After a few tweaks to the setup, I tried a few laps in both the Alfa and the Capri and although the Capri was quicker, it was not by much, and the Alfa was much easier to drive at 100%
When I joined for the race I adjusted the gear ratios by a KLIK and it would appear that I found the magic spot. TBH I could not believe how quick and stable the car was.
Having said all that of course, it was my supreme skill as a simracer that enabled me to stay ahead...well that, and the hole in the floorpan and my special  running spikes which were smouldering gently by the end of lap 24!! Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2020, 10:37:32 PM +0100 »

Lol, it gets no better, my load cell in my pedals just failed, it's a conspiracy....

...but better now than in middle of the race?  angel

That of course is very true....  smartass
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2020, 04:57:24 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2020, 05:54:44 PM +0100 »

Excellent race with a disappointing ending.  Sad

Always tricky getting off the line on the sloping track, I knew what to expect & despite trying to take it easy I still got the car very sideways at the start. Dropped down to 4th behind Markus, Nocatu & Clive on lap 1 & took a couple of laps before getting back up to 2nd, by which time Markus was already around 4s ahead. I chased hard but for many laps the gap stayed more or less unchanged, then I found a bit of extra speed which coincided with Markus getting a little slower (actually think he got bored & let me catch up Wink). A good slipstream got me into the lead but with 4 laps left I ran out of road at T1 & took to the grass, managed to get it stopped before hitting the barriers but by the  time I recovered Markus was long gone. Just cruised around the remaining laps to the finish.

Congrats Markus & Clive.  clap clap

Markus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2020, 11:01:23 AM +0100 »

My start went far better than expected, I hope  I didn`t interfere someone with my sliding rear. After that I could make up a gap of 4 seconds. But in the middle of the race I became tired and slow. So Geoff came nearer and finally overtook me. My hope was to use the slipstream to overtake him again, but therefore I had to exit the chicane with ultimate precision. I failed in my first attempts but I knew I had 4 more chances. But unfortunately Geoff  lost his car in the first corner of lap 20, so I had an easy way home.
Grats to Geoff and Clive, thanks Lasse for organizing!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com