The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 09:41:43 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A16 RSR Thompson: October 14, 2020
October 14, 2020, 04:47:37 PM +0100 - Thompson - UKAC Season 16 RSR Challenge
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 3 +0.220
---
1 32:30.239
---
16 2:00.283
---
Avon  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 1 1:59.933
---
2 +0.877
---
16 2:00.493
---
Avon  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 4 +1.754
---
3 +21.588
---
16 2:01.329
---
Avon  
Jos Ogos

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 5 +2.637
---
4 +37.930
---
16 2:02.794
---
Avon  
IbnSolmyr

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 8 +3.329
---
5 +38.227
---
16 2:02.534
---
Avon  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 7 +3.086
---
6 +42.991
---
16 2:01.739
---
Avon  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 6 +2.752
---
7 +47.288
---
16 2:02.723
---
Avon  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 9 +1:19.226
---
8 +47.869
---
16 2:02.351
---
Avon  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 9 +2:00.313
---
16 2:04.934
---
Avon  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC 2 +0.194
---
10 +1L
---
15 2:00.303
---
Avon  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC DNS ---
---
Avon  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR PCC ---
---
Avon  
KDiesel

---
Avon  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
---
Avon  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
---
Avon  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
PCC
1:59.933
---
Fabri Fibra
Qualifying
Porsche 911 Carrera RSROctober 14, 2020, 04:47:37 PM +0100
A16RSR
Assetto Corsa
PCC
2:00.283
---
Manteos
Race
Porsche 911 Carrera RSROctober 14, 2020, 04:47:37 PM +0100
A16RSR
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 16 Season 16 RSR Challenge - Thompson - Oct 14  (Read 924 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2020, 04:54:47 PM +0100 »

Welcome to round 5 of the Porsche RSR Challenge - This week we had to the Far East and the fabulous Thomson Road GP circuit in Singapore.
This is a fast and flowing circuit with quite a number of different corner types and it's signature piece - an insane jump in the middle of a corner halfway down the longest and fastest section of the track!
As tempting as it is to believe otherwise, this is a real track and even witnessed Formula Tasman single seaters along with period saloons up into the 60's.

This season is loosely based on our first outing in these cars several years ago, so expect very short qualifying sessions.
The 1st series featured single lap qualifying which was a bit awkward to monitor, so I will be reducing the qualifying sessions to only allow time for 2 flying laps.
So make sure you have space around you and get a good 'banker' in before you go nuts Wink

Password: see above

Practice: 19:30 (53 mins)
Qual: 20:23 (7 mins)
Race: 20:30  (30 mins + 1 lap)

Cars allowed:
1972 Porsche RSR
(Kunos Porsche pack #1 add-on)

Skin pack available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vp9qetzvztkfnk0/RSR%20Skinpack.zip?dl=0
Drop it into your assetto corsa folder - It shouldn't over-write anything unless you already have any of the skins included.

Track: Thompson road GP
Download link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/thomson-road-grand-prix.13694/

Live Timing: here

Time of Day Setting: 13:30
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 60%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 08:16:11 PM +0100 »

At the end of my first lap I went into the pits. I thought it was a chicane  Grin
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 04:57:11 PM +0100 »

I did the same when I tryed the track the first time years ago, with Lotus 25.  angel
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 03:43:11 PM +0100 »

Just tried this track, quite good fun tbh, but this car is just torture for me and makes me wanna puke. I'm out of this series and hope next one will be more fun with some variety of cars to choose from...
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 05:21:18 PM +0100 »

I quite like this track even if I'm Wanted by the mayor for pulling down every single light pole on the road!

I should have found a method to make my gearbox last until the end, even if my braking and downshifting won't be very "orthodox"  Grin

See you on Weds

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Lorenzo Galluzzi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 09:10:25 AM +0100 »

I got a good third place yesterday, without Tim's accident I would have definitely finished fourth.
I am satisfied with my race, the set-up was fabulous and I couldn't do better than this, I'm trying to switch to manual mode to change gears but I still have great difficulties, impossible for now to try it in the race.

Grats to Matteo and Fabrizio

See you next week
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 10:12:42 AM +0100 »

Hardly any practice as I didn't like the track so sat out quali and started from the back.

Gained a couple of places in the usual T1 dramas but was then holding up those behind me and under pressure to go quicker which inevitable led to a big off. Had a few more offs and spins and eventually dragged it home almost a lap down.

Another horrible track this evening over at SRO with another silly jump on the straight and probably a similar outcome  Roll Eyes

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 11:15:20 AM +0100 »

Not my best drive with the 911 RSR for sure. I hadn't practiced enough, had a very tricky setup and drove very insecurely all the way to the end. I had to focus on avoiding being overtaken by Maxime that was really respectful all the way (even in that nefarious lap where I kept making mistakes that could have thrown us both out of the track). I'm not at all happy with yesterday's performance although I kept the 4th place that might be important, depending on Barbagallo, to hopefully secure a third place in the overall championship.
Congrats to the Italian squad that filled up the podium (especially Matteo on managing his gearshift) and shame to see Tim struggling after hitting the lamp post.
And yet again, congrats to Maxime for a great attack that I'm not sure how I managed to contain.
Enjoy!
Here the video for those willing to see the struggle: https://youtu.be/CqhG2pQkHsg

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 04:50:43 PM +0100 »

Not my best but really enjoyed the ride yesterday..  Smiley

Very disappointed by my lack of focus in the 2nd hairpin though : I guess I wasn't the only one to count those lamp posts after the hump, "1, 2, 3... and jump on the brakes about there"  Grin
1, 2, 3...
1, 2, 3...
1, 2, 3...
And of course at a time I was too busy trying to manage a possible attack on Jos so that my eyes weren't able to count them anymore "1, 2, erh, wait, was it 1 or 2 actually ?!"  Roll Eyes Clue : Jos HAS started to brake yet. "Oh SH*T !!"

Now you also know the story of the guy that isn't even able to learn from his own mistakes (yeah true he's french  Grin). 2nd one was even worst. Shame on me for breaking such a lovely car like that.

That said, all this fight with Jos was just great, and I was even happy when I saw Stefan was joining the party.  Tongue I was very confident in their fairness (I know Stefan is able to put much pressure and still keep control of the situation in a very good way) and it was really enjoyable. Don't blame yourself Jos, I wasn't really faster than you.

Only Fab managed to brake that 2mn wall, congrats !! And of course well done to the whole Italian squad, great job !

Also known as "Solmyr"
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 01:00:50 AM +0100 »

That was quite unexpected.

Great qualif lap by Fabri, that was super fast on this track. Well done mate! I used the old fxxk the gearbox method for qualif, but wasn't enough to beat him, and even Tim was some milliseconds faster, so I started 3rd.

I guess I exploited my super short default 1st gear at the start jumping immediatle alongside Fabri right before the braking of the bend, passing him on the inside.

At that point I hoped that Fabri and Tim would have lost some time in their battle, but after some laps Tim passed Fabri, and I started to sniff a sour smell of defeat coming from the back Cheesy

In a couple of laps Tim grabbed me and passed me at the first braking at the bend. Unfortunately my new "safe gearbox downshift method" (I would rather call it "downshit" Cheesy) has a unique cons: I must brake earlier than usual, cause I need to use my left foot both for brake pedal and clutch... I bit odd I know Cheesy

However, Tim was a bit faster on 1st and 3rd sector, so I wasn't able to close the gap to make the race more exciting. Unusually, this time Tim destroyed the car on a light pole after the jump, so I eventually took back the lead until the checkered flag, followed by a super Fabri breathing on my neck! Grats to Lorenzo that complete an Italian 1-2-3!

I must admit that without that mistake Tim would have probably won the race, but this track has been particularly kind in my regards until now Smiley

Hope to be there for the next, but I can't be sure of it

See you
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 01:08:36 AM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2020, 08:08:32 AM +0100 »

I think this track is very well made and a lot of fun to drive. Just a shame I could not get the previous setup to work around here. Did some tweaks after qually, but that made the car just more twitchy at the end of the race.
Had someone punting me in the back end again in the first lap, so had to perform catch up again sadly. Why do people keep feeling the need to win in the first lap anyway?

At half race distance I saw Maxime and Jos going at it and I could get on their bumper, but passing was another matter. Then had a tank slapper which let them both get away again. Still good fun chasing them both..
Looking forward to Barbagallo, also a pretty neat track

School is important, but race cars are importanter
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2020, 09:15:30 AM +0100 »

For those who would like it, here is a replay of the race :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ptyi30jrefxi3a/AC_141020-221518_R_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_thomson_/file

Also known as "Solmyr"
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 06:42:23 PM +0100 »

Very nice race and a 3-cars fight was possible for the whole race, too bad for Tim's terrible accident.

In qualifying I broke the "2 minute barrier"; first man to go under, at least here, surely out there there are people who do 2 seconds better.  laugh
I am satisfied with this and with the setup I had the car was a delight to drive.

I did a quite good start, but Matteo burned everyone out and came alongside before the hairpin bend and overtook me. I defended myself from Tim for a couple of laps (I was going to make a mess even with a long braking), but then he managed to get alongside before the braking of the initial hairpin. He then performed the same maneuver with Matteo and took the lead.
We were 3 cars within two seconds when Tim had that bad accident. I only had time to see his car spinning wildly and people moving to his rescue. Nothing serious fortunately, he managed to finish the race and run the next day.

I followed Matteo for the rest of the race, both with impressive lap-times close to 2.00.

Excellent Italian podium. Congratulations to Matteo and Lorenzo!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com