The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 07:39:46 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7TCP Mid-Ohio: October 15, 2020
October 15, 2020, 07:54:21 PM +0100 - Mid-Ohio (Full) - RRE Season 7 (2020) Touring Classics+P964
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
picnic
 Team Shark
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 3 +0.666
---
1 31:30.849
---
19 0 1:38.044
---
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 2 +0.375
---
2 +0.269
---
19 0 1:37.734
---
Dunlop  
azaris

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 4 +1.044
---
3 +12.479
---
19 0 1:39.151
---
Dunlop  
Glenn Richardson

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 6 +1.896
---
4 +13.802
---
19 0 1:38.256
---
Yokohama  
BiriBiri

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 5 +1.380
---
5 +35.531
---
19 0 1:39.288
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 7 +2.162
---
6 +50.474
---
19 0 1:39.569
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring 8 +11.203
---
7 +51.515
---
19 0 1:38.581
---
Pirelli  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 1 1:37.313
---
8 +54.222
---
19 0 1:37.997
---
Pirelli  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring 9 +11.974
---
9 +1L
---
18 0 1:46.602
---
Pirelli  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Touring Classics+P964 - Mid-Ohio - Oct 15  (Read 711 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: October 12, 2020, 08:32:46 PM +0100 »

Password: see above

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: Touring Classics + Porsche 964 (Carrera Cup Classic)
Track: Mid Ohio (FULL)
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 01:12:17 PM +0100 »

Question, how do you approach T4 (China beach)?

- trail braking, with the BB more towards the rear?
- braking before turn in, with BB more towards the front due to the decend in the braking zone?

thx
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 01:52:47 PM +0100 »

Mostly too fast in my case, the quality of the sand there is outstanding  Roll Eyes
I tend to trail brake anywhere, so I am not sure how I set the brakes for these cars yet.

azaris

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 02:09:25 PM +0100 »

I tend to brake early with the Nissan and take an early apex to get the best entry into T5. Trail braking can help but not vital. I did have to change the default brake setup to make it more stable, reduce the pressure a bit and try moving bias forward until you can trail brake confidently without losing the rear.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 06:44:11 PM +0100 »

I will hope to leave a bit early from work to get back for 8:30. Its not like the Porsche requires any setup!

That right and left after the back straight? lots of braking so you can turn in and hit the apex allowing you to keep right giving you a wider turn into the next left corner.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 06:47:58 PM +0100 »

Yep, Pork only has ARB adjustment I think. WIll work better here than Elkhart Lake (I think..)

Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 07:54:12 AM +0100 »

Well done Pete on the win and to Geoff and Toni on the podium.

I was expecting the M3 to be quick and look after its tyres here but struggled for pace and even maximum camber couldn't stop the outside of the left tyres overheating.

A few laps in I locked up and put two wheels on the grass at turn 2 gifting a couple of places back but apart from that there weren't any major mistakes so it was another race of erosion for me.

I was starting to catch Toni towards the end and threw everything at trying to challenge for the podium but it was too little too late and Toni had it covered.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 08:59:18 AM +0100 »

Not often I get a win these days so chuffed to bits with last night. Got a dreadful start and was almost dead last but a couple of spins/offs by others gave me a chance to go for the lead. Took a while to real Tony in and then again to get passed. I was hoping he might hold up Geoff for longer as I knew he had better overall pace than me. Once passed Geoff reeled me in. Good job the Volvo is good in a straight line but any gains made there Geoff quickly annulled in the corners. For a change I managed to hold things together and Geoff was very respectful.

Well done Tony for hanging on the 3rd.

Finally a big thank you, I couldn't have done this without you. To.................. not my parents Wink but Dieter  Grin The Volvo is still a devil to get slowed down but I believe your setup helped me to the win. Thank you kind sir.

Well done everyone.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 12:51:38 PM +0100 by picnic » Logged

azaris

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 09:50:44 AM +0100 »

This was the most fun combo we've raced so far in these cars. The car felt pretty much perfect despite the twisty sections and challenging braking zones.

I got the usual Nissan start, chasing Geoff in 2nd place. I inherited the lead after he exited stage right after a few laps, which was increased by Frex spinning and holding up the field.  Around half-way through, Pete and Geoff caught me and it was time to defend. That went on for a few laps. Then I had to lift going through Thunder Valley and Pete powered past me with turbo power, followed shortly by another mistake as I drifted wide on the exit from the Esses and Geoff got past. The remainder was trying to avoid mistakes and nursing the tyres while trying to avoid the challenge from Glenn. Congrats Pete and Geoff, good to see winners outside of the usual suspects.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 10:07:16 AM +0100 »

I had fun here. Tried most of the cars, and could not get any sort of pace. The Pork was less diasadvantaged here but unusually
I was struggling to keep it pointing the right way. Tried the Nissan for once, and found it to be the easiest drive
and had some pace, so went with that. Was gifted a couple of places when Spanner and Frex went off.
I may try the Nissan again, it is nicer than it used to be. Volvo setup? that might be worth a go...

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2020, 11:10:09 AM +0100 »

Fun race,

Had a good start, a little bit too good, because Pete and car before had a much worse start and bumped Pete. At T4 battle with Spanner, had more speed on the straight with the Nissan but braked earlier, had the inside of the corner and still with my nose next to Spanner, but he closed the door and i went sideways. Pete couldn't avoid me and crashed also into me (sorry, but congrats with the win, strong comeback).

After the issue in lap 1, never had any trouble (thx Geoff for the tips, left front heat up was solved with softer front springs only on the front left (idem for bump and rebound). During the race i saw Frex a lot in the gravel but i left room to pass me because he was much faster. Last 10min i started the fight with Frex, he still pased me on the straight but i tried to follow him, to put pressure on him, and again in the carroussel Frex spinned again, and took his 5th place.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2020, 12:19:03 PM +0100 »

So, the love/hate relationship with the Volvo continues - 7 (seven!) spins this time, more than one every 3 laps..

I did some practice a few days ago and was happy with my pace and the car, but on race night it just would not come together. Both left side tyres overheating within 3 laps and I think I was overdriving a bit which only made it worse. Also another bad start - sorry to the cars behind me but I still struggle to get the Volvo moving off the line.

Congrats Pete for the win - glad the setup helped, and nice to see you at the sharp end again!
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 12:32:05 PM +0100 »

The first spin was a belter Frex. Your Volvo was flip flopping all over the place! I couldn't pick which side to pass.

Apologies Mark, when Frex spun I was trying to avoid moving over on Pete to my left and caught the front of your car instead - 3 into 1 wouldn't go.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 06:29:27 PM +0100 »

Good race  Grin

After taking the lead at the start, I threw it away with an early spin at T2. Did not think a podium was possible from then but I made up a few places due to others errors & passed some others until I was right with Toni & Pete at the front. Pete managed to get past Toni but it took me another 2-3 laps before I found a way past when Toni ran wide at T8. Took a few laps to close the gap to Pete but he resisted manfully & there was no way past him before the finish.

Congrats to Pete & Toni.  clap clap
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2020, 08:43:53 PM +0100 »

Fun race,

Had a good start, a little bit too good, because Pete and car before had a much worse start and bumped Pete. At T4 battle with Spanner, had more speed on the straight with the Nissan but braked earlier, had the inside of the corner and still with my nose next to Spanner, but he closed the door and i went sideways. Pete couldn't avoid me and crashed also into me (sorry, but congrats with the win, strong comeback).

After the issue in lap 1, never had any trouble (thx Geoff for the tips, left front heat up was solved with softer front springs only on the front left (idem for bump and rebound). During the race i saw Frex a lot in the gravel but i left room to pass me because he was much faster. Last 10min i started the fight with Frex, he still pased me on the straight but i tried to follow him, to put pressure on him, and again in the carroussel Frex spinned again, and took his 5th place.

Hmm.. sorry about that. I thought i had cleared you as you braked earlier than me i thought i had got back in front, but i was using the internal mirrors  to gauge it. I never felt any contact and even asked Pete on TS a moment later what happened as you'd disappeared.

It was only from the start where it was clear the Porsche was completely different to the turbo cars. It looked like everyone just didnt move waiting for a rolling start! Then finding everyone else braking a lot earlier than i was, so maybe the overtake was a bit ambitious.

Porsche was not easy round here, always felt the gearing didnt fit the corners and the suspension was too soft so kept spinning out in  the second sector.

Still fun though.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com