Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 04:03:54 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Dawn Race at Estoril: October 17, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Dawn Race at Estoril - 17 Oct  (Read 11376 times)
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 01:28:08 AM +0100 »

There was an Endurance event today, there is a 40 minute race tomorrow, and I was thinking of putting in another 40 minute race on wednesday (need to do some offline testing first to find something suitable), so there are plenty of opportunities for longer races. I think it's a good idea to have some very short sprints, for the benefit of our new members and anyone who doesn't want to spend all evening racing. For drivers who already know the track they don't even need to take part during the practise session.

I think a 05:00 start is pointless as it's duplicating the night race test. I tried 06:00 and in my opinion it's too dangerous for racing - there were two corners I couldn't make out at all. As yet, there is no 'squint' key in GTR.

I've spent a fair bit of time testing and trying to come up with suitable combinations for the fun races. I'm now wondering if it's worth the effort. If one of the other mods wants to do it they are more than welcome to it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 01:32:25 AM +0100 by Aagramn » Logged

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
PTRACER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 02:35:27 AM +0100 »

Simple solution, Aagramn.

.PLR file

Lens Flare in Cockpit View="0"

I've never had it on.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 07:42:46 AM +0100 »

Lens Flare in Cockpit View="0"

I've never had it on.

I've not got it on either but the sun is still blinding when it's directly ahead and low in the sky. Lens flare would just draw halos around it.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 10:35:14 AM +0100 »

Is it possible to have the time go faster during a race? So in a 20 minute race, the time ingame progresses about an hour.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 10:39:14 AM +0100 »

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a server setting for that.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 10:55:46 AM +0100 »

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a server setting for that.

Ah, that's a real shame. I would have loved to see a complete day transition in an endurance race.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 10:26:04 AM +0100 »

Yeech! Just tried a dummy race against the AI, that low sun is horrid, very distracting. Nice effect tho' Smiley That kind of thing will definately spice the racing up a bit.

I love Estoril though I'm a bit disappointed all those millions of laps (well, it felt like it anyway Wink) spent perfecting the chicane are now wasted, you can whack through that sucker with relative impunity now, it was always a very hairy moment in GTR1.

Legends Racing simracing team
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 10:41:53 AM +0100 »

I'll try and squeeze in tonight. I quite like the new BiT so will give that a go.

I had a quick blast at Brno last night and that lacks those hairy GTR moments as well. However, racing was close and more imaginative than GTR could ever be so seems a fair trade off at the mo (I reserve the right to change my mind at any time).

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 10:57:55 AM +0100 »

I love Estoril though I'm a bit disappointed all those millions of laps (well, it felt like it anyway Wink) spent perfecting the chicane are now wasted, you can whack through that sucker with relative impunity now, it was always a very hairy moment in GTR1.

Has anyone tried it in the wet?

To finish first, first you must have fins.
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 02:20:25 PM +0100 »

Stay in the garage during Q1, and only set a time during Q2.

I don´t mind to do this option Aagramn, in fact it´s better for me.

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 08:42:53 PM +0100 »

game shows 26/28 can not get on it. Angry Angry.gerald
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 09:12:38 PM +0100 »

Well pissed off! Had 6fps again (the same as the night race) at the start once the session had changed, un-driveable. Funny yesterday's race in the rain an average of 50fps? and in Quali today 60/70 fps. What a frustrating waste of time Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
longskater1969

Lick My Eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 09:21:58 PM +0100 »

Angry to nights race was like a public server race what has happened to simracing is it the new game why has the driving standard gone to the dogs . i am not talking about the ukgtr boys i am on about all the  newbes why are they  allowed to have blatant disregard for the rules in practice ans in quail there was more pepole racing a blue light to the end of the pit this is a new thing never before have i see such bad driving on simracing server .please please please remind new drivers that we follow rules IE blue light when exiting pit etc etc .Also i apologies for my out burst in the server but as my post shows i Could not believe i was in simracing.org.uk server i thought by some weird freak out i was in a public server i only hope we can sort this out before the start of the season .Sorry for B-Atching on forums  Angry

Lick My Swollen Eyes

28CD : http://www.28cd.co.uk
www.r-a-t-s.co.uk
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 09:30:13 PM +0100 »

Congrats to winner and pops  Smiley. And thanks all for a far better race than last week.

I feared the worst when I got rear ended when lights went green (DON'T FORGET PARADE LAP). But all in all standards were pretty good. Sorry for defending like that on first few laps TT but the rears just have no grip in that thing for 3 or so laps. I now know why Tyf had so many DNF's within first few laps  Grin. Annoyed to get taken out by "old school" regular rejoining with disregard to everyone else  Angry (I ain't arsed to put in a report for a fun race and he should know better anyways).

Its getting there and I hope the Bi-T is as competitive elsewhere. And if you want GTR1 edgy pops, try taking that thing through the chicane  Smiley

Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 09:33:01 PM +0100 »

I'm beginning to lose my patience a little with people not knowing the rules too Angry it's not too hard to read them is it?  If you can concentrate on driving for 20 minutes then surely you can concentrate long enough to read the rules Huh

In practice I got shunted off by a new guy when exiting Lamy.  I don't give a rats ass if you're in a faster car on a faster lap, if I'm on a lap I sure as hell 'aint getting out of your way!  I hope you don't make a habit of it.

Quali was as good as can be expected, 16th in the Mosler.  It was ok in the corners, but hideous on the straight laugh brakes were ok though so generally I only lost positions to being nudged out of the way or leaving a gap, (no probs btw Madd, there was a little gap I guess Wink Tongue).  Finished 14th ish which was danm hard work, but driftingly fun Grin

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com