The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 09:57:37 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7TCP Daytona: November 05, 2020
November 05, 2020, 08:51:53 PM +0000 - Daytona (Road) - RRE Season 7 (2020) Touring Classics+P964
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
azaris

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 2 +2:02.330
---
1 31:00.829
---
15 0 2:02.381
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 4 +2:02.855
---
2 +5.253
---
15 0 2:02.292
---
Pirelli  
Glenn Richardson

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 5 +2:02.878
---
3 +6.324
---
15 0 2:01.664
---
Yokohama  
BiriBiri

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 6 +2:03.775
---
4 +25.754
---
15 0 2:03.775
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 1 +2:01.834
---
5 +26.622
---
15 0 2:01.953
---
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring
---
6 +1:04.314
---
15 0 2:04.783
---
Yokohama  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 3 +2:02.457
---
7 +1L
---
14 0 2:02.637
---
Dunlop  
Jos Ogos

BMW 635 CSI Classic Touring 7 +2:04.545
---
8 +15.536
---
14 1 2:04.366
---
Pirelli  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring 8 +2:25.069
---
9 +14L 1 0 2:47.709
---
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
Classic Touring
2:01.834
---
frex
Qualifying
Volvo 240 TurboNovember 05, 2020, 08:51:53 PM +0000
E7TCP
Race Room Experience
Classic Touring
2:01.664
---
Glenn Richardson
Race
BMW M3 E30 Gr.ANovember 05, 2020, 08:51:53 PM +0000
E7TCP
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Touring Classics+P964 - Daytona - Nov 5  (Read 904 times)
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2020, 08:05:01 PM +0000 »

Hi guys,
Sorry if I'm being impolite on the server... I haven't done much online on RRE and I have no idea how (If it exists) use the chat!

Jos Ogos (JO Simracing).

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 09:06:23 PM +0000 »

I'm very sorry for the incident in T2. Really inexcusable Angry.

I did take a drive-through as a self-imposed penalisation but entered a bit too fast in the pitlane and got a proper penalisation set by RRE and another drive-through to serve. My race was a total disaster by then.

I hope this mess does not condition too much your first impression of my driving Embarrassed  I really want to believe I'm much better than this.

I hope to make up for this in the future.

All the best,
Jos Ogos (JO Simracing)

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 09:08:00 PM +0000 »

On track chat is "C". there is no in game chat off track. Well done for finishing anyway  Cool

Top marks to Toni for the win, and Geoff for hanging in there with a wounded car  thumbup1

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2020, 08:25:17 AM +0000 »

Jos, we don't bother with self imposed drive through penalties but it is deemed polite to wait for whoever you've accidently punted off to get going before you continue.

As usual got a dog awful start in the Volvo and found myself in a group of cars battling through the first few corners. Until I wasn't facing the right way. That made for a fun race back through the back, battling with Glen all the way. I had no answer for Glen's top speed and he kept steaming passed in to T1 only to mess up the corner and let me back through  Roll Eyes The Volvo had really good mid-range acceleration so I was generally all over Glen out of the corners when I was behind, did that pressure tell 

Glen and I were fighting over P3/P4 but I could see Toni and Dieter going for it lap after lap on the banking. Occasionally they'd hold each other up a bit and I'd gain a coupe of tenths but I was never going to catch them. Sadly, with a couple of laps to go, I came across a crunched Volvo of Dieter's in T1. That gifted me P2 which I'd didn't really deserve.

Well done all and great to have you on track Jos  thumbup1

Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2020, 08:35:00 AM +0000 »

Hi Jos and welcome, was great to have you race with us and hopefully you'll join us for the other Thursday and Sunday night races. Apologies for the big hit at T2 - us RWD cars were tightly packed through T1 and into T2, I was behind Pete and Frex who were side by side and chose to follow Pete on the inside. As Pete began to spin I went wide of the apex to follow Frex but he took avoiding action leaving me no time to react before hitting you.

Pete and I got going again together and had a great battle all race. I spent the early part of the race ahead and we had a good battle with Birger who had a strong race. About halfway through I had an oversteery moment out of one of the slower corners and had to get back on the brakes to avoid a spin allowing Pete past. I lost a bit more time on Pete when he was able to pass inside Frex's stranded car at T1 after he'd spun and I had to go outside onto the run off area - I'd been late on the brakes to take a late apex and get a good run to T2 so was unable to hook the BMW inside.

After that I threw everything at trying to catch Pete for 2nd as the pace in the BMW seems to drop off less over the race distance but in the end I didn't manage to get into the slipstream until the run out of the last bend to the finish line. Really great race though, I thoroughly enjoyed being in the mix - well done Toni on a great win, Pete on a good recovery drive and hard luck Geoff and Frex as you both had good pace.
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2020, 08:46:07 AM +0000 »

I had no answer for Glen's top speed and he kept steaming passed in to T1 only to mess up the corner and let me back through  Roll Eyes The Volvo had really good mid-range acceleration so I was generally all over Glen out of the corners when I was behind, did that pressure tell 

It was really interesting to see the strengths and weaknesses of the Volvo and BMW relative to each other. You seemed to take late apexes through the infield corners to square the corner off, get the car straightened up and use the torque to get a great exit, I was having to take more sweeping lines to carry as much speed as possible as the BMW has nothing low down. I really needed the slipstream out of the infield onto the loop and back straight with corner exits you were getting. The BMW was stronger on the brakes particularly into T1 and the bus stop chicane and the ability to keep the BMW fast and tight through the bus stop chicane was giving me a great exit and allowing me to reach the BMW's top speed quicker, I was surprised the BMW had a bit more at the top end but I suppose that's where all the power is in the high revving M3 and aerodynamically the M3 is less worse than the Volvo (I don't think I can go as far as calling an E30 aerodynamic).
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2020, 08:59:06 AM +0000 »

I struggled a lot in testing with getting the car slowed down in T1 without going sideways. Moving to a fully stiff rear suspension helped some, but T1 of every lap was still a hairy experience, so i didn't have high expectations.

After a good start we had a short battle with Geoff that ended abruptly as we came out of T1 side by side and to my surprise he veered hard left, almost taking both of us out, and slammed hard into the wall.

From there the rest of the race was a hard fight against Frex. I would outbrake him into T1 and gain some time in the infield section, while he would catch up on the oval section with Volvo power but not quite enough to make a move as long as I kept hugging the yellow line. It ended three turns from the end when he made a mistake in T1. That was enough to comfortably see me home as P1.

Well done Pete and Glenn.

Oh and GODZILLA POWER.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2020, 09:12:31 AM +0000 »

This race promised a lot but ended up disappointing.

Qually was not good, messed up a couple of laps & when I finally got what I thought was a good lap it was still only a mid 2.02. Had got in the 2.01s when testing. Race started well after avoiding Frex's slow starting Volvo & I settled into a good battle with Toni. Unfortunately it ended when two abreast through the little Esses after T1 didn't work & I got a wheel on the grass & spun the car hard into the barriers. Result was a severely damaged front end & engine & a car that was well down on power & 10s a lap slower. Soldiered on to the end & got lapped by Toni on the final lap.

Congrats to Toni on the win & to Pete & Glenn on the podium.  clap clap clap
frex

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2020, 10:16:17 AM +0000 »

Race started well after avoiding Frex's slow starting Volvo

Sorry about my start, this was a particularly bad one. The Volvo is hard enough to get moving, but I also have a problem in RRE with my wheel - the abrupt loss of control when qually finishes invariably leads to a spin and my wheel going haywire, and this does not reset itself until after race start. Which means I start the race with no idea which way my wheels are pointing.. Not good. I guess the answer is to make sure not to be on track as qually ends, but I keep forgetting that..

Anyway, after a poor start and avoiding Pete and Jos at T2 the race was then a lot of fun, eventually chasing Toni for the lead. Interesting how the Nissan pulls away like a train initially, then the Volvo starts gaining, but falls away again at the top end just when you think you're going to get past. This happened every lap on the banking, both into the chicane and across the finish line, until I missed a downshift at T1 and locked the rear end, hitting the end of the wall hard. Took a while to get going again, and in doing so I see I compromised Glenn badly as he came by, very sorry for that. Could barely see over the crumpled bonnet, but hobbled home over the last couple of laps. Fun though!

Congrats Toni and podium.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2020, 10:22:13 AM +0000 »

I hope this mess does not condition too much your first impression of my driving Embarrassed 

No worries Jos, I have raced you in AC and know how good (and fair) you are; nice to have you with us. Btw do you intend to do any of your (excellent) race videos in RRE?
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2020, 06:09:00 PM +0000 »

Thank you all for the welcoming and encouraging messages. I'll definitively keep trying. RRE is great but it takes a bit of time for me to adapt after doing AC or rF2... The way it handles spinning and losing rear control of the car is quite different from the other sims, but this could just be my FFB settings on RRE. That should be sorted out with more practice but it's tricky when you over-commit a bit and the rear is gone for good no matter what you do (You must be quick with your hands and brakes...).

Thanks @frex for your kind words and testimony of my reasonable driving skills. I hope we will have also good videos of the RRE races.
If anyone is curious about my channel, have a look: https://youtube.com/c/josimracing.

All the best.

Jos Ogos (JO Simracing).

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2020, 09:16:06 AM +0000 »

Had also problems with T1, luckily not during race. Had a great start from P6 to P3, after the spin of JoS in T2 i lost a liitle bit the connection with Toni and Geoff. But during race Frex, Glenn and Pete catched up with me and was racing where i belonged. With -10min on the timer Frex crashed in T1 and overtook him and for the remaining 3 laps i could hold him of (1 or 2 laps more and i was again overtaken by Frex).

congrats Toni with the win.

And welcome to JoS, great to see a youtuber in the race. Positive for SROUK i think, can attract more racer's towards here.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com