The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 06:22:42 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • RACE Release Date: November 24, 2006
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: RACE Release Date - 24th November  (Read 5740 times)
Nick Phillips
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 07:47:42 AM +0000 »

Now I know why these cars are so slow, they are relealing them on steam  Grin

Better make sure you have plenty of water available then! Undecided Shocked Cool
Woodee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 04:15:01 PM +0000 »

is steam really that bad?

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 04:54:48 PM +0000 »

is steam really that bad?

I prefer a gasoline driven car  Wink.

I have never used Steam, but what I hear is that's pretty good. At the launch of Half Life 2 is was overloaded, but the two people that are gonna buy RACE won't make it sweat  Smiley
Nick Phillips
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 05:27:50 PM +0000 »

Worked fine for HL2 for me so cannot anticipate a problem if I decide to get this, which I am not sure about until I am drunk late on night and click on Buy probably Grin
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 08:04:58 PM +0000 »

Yeah worked fine for HL2 when I got it, but not intending to buy RACE until I've played the full thing or a new better demo.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Poddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 01:05:41 PM +0000 »

I hate to break it but I've gone and ordered it from Steam, £21 isn't really a bad price so i thought "what the heck?"
The new trailer does look quite encouraging aswell, but no doubt it's a marketting ploy. At least you'll get a verdict from me when it arrives on thursday Smiley

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 02:27:58 PM +0000 »

I hate to break it but I've gone and ordered it from Steam, £21 isn't really a bad price so i thought "what the heck?"
The new trailer does look quite encouraging aswell, but no doubt it's a marketting ploy. At least you'll get a verdict from me when it arrives on thursday Smiley

Look forward to it. I'm not spending anything on it unless it's differently (better) than the demo.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2006, 06:34:47 PM +0000 »

Still haven't tried this demo yet, after downloading it then reading poples thoughts on here, I decided not to bother Undecided

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
D_Nichols

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 05:44:11 PM +0000 »

I've got it and installed it.

Steam means that its going to be very hard for people to add tracks extra to this game.......

The game itself feels ok, though I've lost conection with every server I've been on so far.

EdamSpeed
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 06:10:45 PM +0000 »

So far, the reports coming in aren't good. Roll Eyes

How's the Brands track? Is it the same as the demo? (talking camber and elevations here)
D_Nichols

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 07:56:11 PM +0000 »

Simbin posted on the RSC that their having problems with people joining the servers and getting booted. So that explains that. Its really hard to judge the game as I don't really like racing AI, I only really enjoy racing other people. Once I've done that a few times, I think thats the time to judge it.

Poddy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 08:07:12 PM +0000 »

Well, after a few hours of play, Race has finally managed to propel itself, into mediocrity. It's not much a push above the demo, even though the AI has improved greatly (they are more aggresive in the corners and don't get stuck behind back markers anymore), it's still not a scratch on GTR 2 or GTL. Rain effects are exactly the same as GTR2,  the wipers do nothing for me apart from distract me by almost laughing at me as they fail to do their job, tracks are limited, as are the amount of cars, only 24. There are a ton of little annoying bugs too, such simbin only being f***ed to create half the car in the drivers seat, which means looking left or right can make you feel like your sitting on a floating chair, it's also visible when looking out the back of the car. Admittedly, the replays do actually show how close the racing is, and to be honest the first few laps can be exciting, but after you either a) lock up and skid off due to the rubbish brakes, or b) be distracted by random flashing headlights from other cars, it's easy to just quit and give up or watch a bit of the replay. I could go on, but to be honest, don't waste your money; you'd be better off buying £20 worth of condoms, filling them with water then throwing them at people, trust me, you'll have more fun.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 08:26:08 PM +0000 »

Well, after a few hours of play, Race has finally managed to propel itself, into mediocrity. It's not much a push above the demo, even though the AI has improved greatly (they are more aggresive in the corners and don't get stuck behind back markers anymore), it's still not a scratch on GTR 2 or GTL. Rain effects are exactly the same as GTR2,  the wipers do nothing for me apart from distract me by almost laughing at me as they fail to do their job, tracks are limited, as are the amount of cars, only 24. There are a ton of little annoying bugs too, such simbin only being f***ed to create half the car in the drivers seat, which means looking left or right can make you feel like your sitting on a floating chair, it's also visible when looking out the back of the car. Admittedly, the replays do actually show how close the racing is, and to be honest the first few laps can be exciting, but after you either a) lock up and skid off due to the rubbish brakes, or b) be distracted by random flashing headlights from other cars, it's easy to just quit and give up or watch a bit of the replay. I could go on, but to be honest, don't waste your money; you'd be better off buying £20 worth of condoms, filling them with water then throwing them at people, trust me, you'll have more fun.

Thanks Poddy. But there are better things to do with condoms, which gives MUCH more fun Grin
Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 09:47:06 PM +0000 »

what?

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 10:00:14 PM +0000 »

Baloons, water bombs, etc  Roll Eyes

TT
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com