The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 12:13:15 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7WTCR19 Hungaroring: November 12, 2020
November 12, 2020, 09:01:40 PM +0000 - Hungaroring (2003-) - RRE Season 7 (2020) WTCR 2019
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Glenn Richardson

Honda Civic TCR TCR 1 +1:53.894
---
1 20:58.360
---
11 0 1:53.513
---
Yokohama  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lynk & Co 03 TCR TCR 2 +1:54.190
---
2 +10.320
---
11 0 1:54.042
---
Goodyear  
picnic
 Team Shark
Honda Civic TCR TCR 5 +1:55.649
---
3 +17.532
---
11 0 1:54.620
---
Yokohama  
azaris

Honda Civic TCR TCR 3 +1:54.905
---
4 +26.322
---
11 0 1:54.913
---
Yokohama  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
VW Golf TCR TCR 6 +1:56.060
---
5 +33.173
---
11 0 1:55.495
---
Yokohama  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Lynk & Co 03 TCR TCR
---
6 +33.591
---
11 0 1:55.041
---
Goodyear  
BiriBiri

Lada Vesta WTCC WTCC 4 +1:55.519
---
7 +33.860
---
11 0 1:55.658
---
Yokohama  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Hyundai i30 N TCR TCR 7 +1:57.556
---
8 +49.398
---
11 0 1:56.902
---
Yokohama  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Hyundai i30 N TCR TCR 8 +2:10.554
---
9 +1L
---
10 0 2:08.453
---
Yokohama  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room WTCR 2019 - Hungaroring - Nov 12  (Read 782 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2020, 02:42:17 PM +0000 »

Race One

Password: see above

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 (30 mins)
Qual: 20:15  (10 mins)
Race1: 20:25 (~20mins)

Cars allowed: WTCR 2019 + Lada TC Cup
Track: Hungaroring
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Example Setups:

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:13:54 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 06:27:28 PM +0000 »

Will the TC cars also be available?
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 09:12:44 AM +0000 »

Sorry cant make it again.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 06:40:27 PM +0000 »

TCR 2019 + the Lada from Touring Cars Cup (free car)

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 09:20:24 PM +0000 »

Phew, some racing... I spent most of both races trying to catch a Belgian taxi, with a chinese car driving like a taxi.
I was, in my mind only racing Birgir. It is unusual to be battling with Frex. I didn't want to lose connection to Birgir
but wished Frex would make a pass stick, so I could stop driving so as not to get thumpedup the bum
and get on with the proper race  Grin

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 10:14:08 PM +0000 »

First time, that long close racing. Losing each race 2 places in the last lap.

Indeed Martin didn't had much pace, but was consistent without major mistakes (from the yellow belgian taxi  wheelchair Grin)

Race 1, proper start after losing connection with the 4/5 cars, driving alone with +/- 2.5sec bonus on Martin and Frex (thanks to the battle that Frex and Martin had i could maintain my bonus). Untill some point i think some stress slept in and i lost my gap. With 2 laps to go i went wide (T11) Martin tried on the inside, and i would let him pass in the braking zone for T12. But apparently the 2 couldn't make the move. Last lap Martin had a better exit out of T3 and went 2 wide in the braking zone to the T4 chicane. after some wheel banging i lost my place to Martin and Frex.  Undecided

Race 2, Good start but Bill was sleeping at pole position. Avoided Bill at the last moment but lost some accelaration and Toni and Geoffers overtook me. In T1 first drivers missed the braking point and i could regain P2. Off course i couldn't follow the pace off Richardson and during the race maintained second with 3 riders behind me (again Frex and Martin + Pete). Due to the battling Frex i could remain in P2 up to Pete find some breathing room from Martin and Frex. After that i was almost torpedoed by Frex in T1 (missed my bumper only with inches). Finished 4th after a great race,  unlucky Martin couldn't decide to pit or start another lap  lol

great win Richardson

PS: after the race i looked to the other side of the room, and i had a deja-vu. On Eurosport the WTCR was busy on the Hungaroring Smiley
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 10:16:27 PM +0000 by BiriBiri » Logged
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 10:59:30 PM +0000 »

Excellent report Birgir  thumbup1 My pace wasn't that bad  Roll Eyes tried to ride the kerbs a bit in the last turn, but hit the barrier, game over
as the engine was in small pieces all over the track  Sad

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 11:11:43 PM +0000 »

Once again Glenn was in a class of his own in these cars.  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

First race Toni got the jump on me at the start & relegated me to 3rd, but he made a mistake early on which let me through. Drove as fast as I could but Glenn was nearly a second faster every lap so came home a distant 2nd.

Race 2, I got a great start & was up to 3rd into T1 but got caught out by the cold brakes & rammed Toni who hit Pete, very sorry guys. Resumed dead last & chased Toni the whole race, but after messing up on the first lap, I did not want to wreck Toni's race again so resisted the temptation to make a dive up the inside on the couple of occasions when a pass was possible. So followed him home in 6th place.

Congrats to Glenn on two easy wins & to Pete & Frex on their podiums.  clap clap clap
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 05:25:56 AM +0000 »

Race 2, Good start but Bill was sleeping at pole position. Avoided Bill at the last moment but lost some accelaration and Toni and Geoffers overtook me. In T1 first drivers missed the braking point and i could regain P2. Off course i couldn't follow the pace off Richardson and during the race maintained second with 3 riders behind me (again Frex and Martin + Pete). Due to the battling Frex i could remain in P2 up to Pete find some breathing room from Martin and Frex. After that i was almost torpedoed by Frex in T1 (missed my bumper only with inches). Finished 4th after a great race,  unlucky Martin couldn't decide to pit or start another lap  lol

Bill nearly ran out of fuel in race One, so added another gallon by the time I got on the grid the lights came on and my engine hadn’t fire up as lights went off!!   Shocked Apologies to you all.  oops

« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 05:32:05 AM +0000 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 08:56:38 AM +0000 »

Well done to Geoff, Pete and Frex on the podiums and also Birger and Martin who seemed to have really good pace here.

Geoff and Toni were locked in a battle from the start in race 1 allowing me to get a couple of good laps in and get a gap.

I was very lucky in race 2 as everyone ahead seemed to run wide of the apex at T1 gifting me the lead. Judging by the timing bar at the top it seemed there were some great close battles for the podium.

I was struggling through the last corner but the middle sector seemed to play to the strengths of the Honda which brakes and rotates well on corner entry.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 09:38:16 AM +0000 »

I was, in my mind only racing Birgir.

Well in my mind I was most definitely racing you! (and Birger, plus Pete in Race 2). We were all pretty close on pace and the racing was great fun - felt like a proper touring car race! Congrats Glenn for the dominant wins.
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 11:03:42 AM +0000 »

Not much to write home about. Race 1, I couldn't keep up with Pete despite using "liberally" the kerbs and track limits. Good thing punctures aren't enabled  Roll Eyes.

Race 2 pretty much ended in the first corner, despite a good start. I could have stayed further to the left but I was hot on the brakes trying to make the corner and didn't anticipate Geoff diving in. Oh well.

Apologies Bill for bumping into you but you switched abruptly to the left coming out of the chicane when I was trying to chase after the pack.

These races were pretty competitive (apart from Glenn's total domination), very few mistakes from anyone, and a circuit that lets you push hard and get away with going wide. Keep it up guys  thumbup1.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 11:34:30 AM +0000 »

Two interesting races. Got an OK start in the first but found myself stuck behind Toni & Geoff, Geoff got passed pretty quickly but didn't scoot off in to the distance to cause Glenn grief as I had expected. Amazing pace Glenn, total domination! I couldn't find a way passed Toni so quickly but eventually Toni had a bad exit from T5 (?) and I got the inside line for the tight chicane that followed. Couldn't chase Geoff down so remained in 3rd.

2nd race got a barn storming start as did Toni. Having spent so long trying to get passed in Race 1 I saw an opening on the brakes in to T1 and went for it. Sorry it was a bit over ambitious and I didn't give Toni any wiggle room. Leaving the corner I saw he had spun and wondered if we'd had more contact than I was aware of. I am a bit embarrassed by my move, it was a bit optimistic and may have contributed to Geoff and you coming together Sad After that it was chasing Dieter, Matt and Biri  Dieter and I kept swapping the 4/5 spots neither of us making it stick. If we attacked Matt the other got back passed. After umpteen swaps Matt made a more significant error and I got along side and managed to make the pass stick. I then thought, here we go again except it'll be Matt and Dieter both trying to get passed when I attack Biri and fail to get passed. Lucky for me I think there was one corner I was sufficiently quicker than Biri and made my move. It worked and I managed to get a gap so I could relax a bit more in the last couple of laps.

Amazingly close racing. Well done all, especially our WTCR alien Glenn  Shocked

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com