Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:11:35 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 37 - End of Season Review  (Read 1138 times)
JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 01:00:23 AM +0000 »

I like the idea that if one driver eliminates another from the race and was blamed for the accident, he should add something else the punishment, just as if the accident can continue and there was clearly a fairplay, (the driver waits for the other to return the position) the penalty must decrease. Thus we will have three levels of penalty, Standart, light and hard.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 01:06:36 AM +0000 by JonnyO » Logged
JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2020, 01:03:12 AM +0000 »

I really think the mod55 is very much appreciated, mainly for having so many differences.
  But I'm really frustrated that we don't have a track list, Donington 37, and other old tracks.
Philippe Girard

Long live to GPL and rock n' roll

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2020, 09:15:02 AM +0000 »

1 - A proposal for the 90 mn challenge :

obligation to use all the chassis at least once, (which makes 7/10), then free choice then for the 3 remaining races
a bonus should be awarded for the 3 remaining races,

+ 5 brm
+ 3 honda
+ 2 cooper
- 1 lotus and eagle

2 - I never understood anything about the mod 55, mainly the brake management. So I wouldn't participate in the championship.
It's a pity, I like all mods, except this one!  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

3 - A big thank you to all the organizers who make the pleasure last with gpl, who manage the ukgpl site with passion, it's a lot of work, really bravo to all of them  punk punk clap clap punk punk

3 -

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Long live rock and roll !
Markus Friedrich

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 08:40:50 AM +0000 »

I just discovered that this thread has somehow gone unnoticed by myself.

I drove in the 67 sprint series and I liked the format. As soon as I recognized that I was one of the fastest drivers in there I restricted myself to the BRM and Honda. I had a kind of gentleman's agreement with Bob (the other very fast driver) to only use the slow chassis. Without that I think the two of us would have won most races of the sprint series. It is a problem for the sprint series that fast drivers who do not want to take part in a 90min race are much faster than most sprint series competitors. After the first races many competitors also complained about me and Bob because they thought we should have joined the GP series. The gentleman's agreement solved it, but maybe there is something that can be done with the rules to solve such a situation in the future?

I think next season I will give the long GP a try. Still it sounds very exhausting to me. But from what I have read the level of driving is very high and drivers drive with respect and little incidents as a result. That sounds great. I find myself rear-ending some of my sprint series fellows because our braking points were so much different. Even when I thought I brake much earlier sometimes it was still not early enough. I think the differences are not as big in the GP series because with the fast drivers in the sprint series I could already race very close without such problems.

Regarding the token allocation for the GP series I like the idea that Uli posted in the GP67series Monza10k thread:
Another idea would be to go back to the old token system. But then to give the podium drivers less points for the next race (only 1 for the winner - 4 for the second - 7 for the third), similar to the LBGPL?
I think if you just obligate everyone to use all chassis once races will be much less equal than they were this season in the GP series. For instance, I guess everyone would use an Eagle or Lotus at a high speed track such as Monza10k. To prevent the fastest ones from doing so. but give them something better than a Cooper, BRM or Honda, the system suggested by Uli sounds suitable to me.

And I join with philippe's big thank you to all the organizers!!  clap

« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 09:06:20 AM +0000 by Markus Friedrich » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2020, 12:14:16 PM +0000 »

To the Drivers of this closed wheel series:

Shall we keep this AvP mode for next season with Sport Cars - e.g. Ferrari vs Lola

or

Shall we race CanAm 66 and 71 each 5x ?

Please vote here until Friday

Please comment in the Laguna Seca race Thread

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2020, 11:49:56 AM +0000 »

Late addition :  

Chat during race meetings, used to be officially confined to emergency messages only.  Graphics sometimes suffer glitches, etc.  My older System sees only a momentary streak near screen top, when cockpitted, nowadays.  Is the no chat rule obsolete, or for actual race only?
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2020, 12:20:15 PM +0000 »

Late addition :  

Chat during race meetings, used to be officially confined to emergency messages only.  

I agree !

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2020, 07:08:49 PM +0000 »

The rule covering this is still active, it is on this page under "In-game chat".

I always follow the rule but last night I made an exception when Philippe asked if he could remain on the server. I said he'd have to make way if the sever was full and he graciously asked if he could stay. Whilst I wouldn't say it was an emergency, it was a sufficiently important question to warrant bending the rules slightly. But I do agree, the rule should be followed by everyone because as you say Martin, it can have a detrimental affect on the on-line gameplay.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 07:18:32 PM +0000 by Phil Thornton » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2020, 07:21:52 PM +0000 »

Yes I am with the chat minimizers, but if a mod has to answer a question of a driver there is nothing we can do.

With some drivers not understanding/reading the rules before a race there is little we can do.
I can't switch chat off  at the server - maybe using Teamspeak can reduce it  Roll Eyes

TBH I have some experience with pc's and there are long threads in SRMZ about it, it's imho a problem of not optimized settings on the clients side.
If people have big PCs and complain about low fps at 36fps races they also have problems with chat... Wink
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 07:28:02 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2020, 09:56:24 PM +0000 »

Thanks for a swift responce guys. Smiley  My 'live' comment at Monsanto, was a general observation and not aimed specifically.  Pit out in the past and polite apology now, seem unneeded.  Both friendly, but not of major help.

If this is important, a brief message from a Moderator, at the start of a race chat page one time, would have all drivers see it.  Chat switched off, would prevent emergency messages, but on shows a disreguard for the rule by some.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 10:06:16 PM +0000 by maddog » Logged
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2020, 09:53:57 AM +0000 »

With some drivers not understanding/reading the rules before a race there is little we can do.

I suspect some drivers to not read the rules before the race : for example, those asking "are reset allowed ?",  "how many liters for my car (in mod SCX)" ?

Maybe we should add a comment in the race topic : "Reading the rules before the race is mandatory and we will give no answer after race connection" (...or something write in better English words than mine  Wink )

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2020, 11:36:59 AM +0000 »

Perhaps a more prominent message on the race post regarding "chat" on the server would help solve this problem.

But, if we are going to ban chat we might suggest that drivers who find any chat messages a problem, select " Turn off in car chat" on their client PC's and check that they FULLY understand the race rules before joining the server. Moderators WILL NOT answer questions once you have joined the server?

I don't think it is the actual content of the chat message that is the problem, but the fact that any text message pops up on their screen and possibly affects frame rates etc.
A moderator replying to a valid question probably involves 3 pop up messages. 1) the question 2) the answer 3) a thankyou?  Triple problems?

The in car chat function can be turned on again to offer congrats to the podium etc once ALL cars have finished?

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2020, 12:59:33 PM +0000 »

I completely switched off my chat

- no letterbox does not show it
- in gplshift.ini set fonts to 0
-switch off in game

even though I know by a just little flicker that there was a "join or leave" message

e.g.
I really hate these "help press F1" messages you get when stopping on track- but Olaf found how to kill this at SRMZ!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 01:01:14 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2020, 01:02:35 PM +0000 »

The in car chat function can be turned on again to offer congrats to the podium etc once ALL cars have finished?

Definitely, I ask to wait till all cars have ended Q and race session for grats and so on: session complete. Thx  Smiley

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
AndyL

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2020, 02:50:55 PM +0000 »

Putting aside the low fps, flickers and missing of emergency messages if chat is off, it is a simple courtesy to wait until the session is complete before chatting. We have all seen the polesitter receiving grats as a banzai lap still on track in the last few seconds beats him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com