The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:00:30 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7TCP Sonoma Raceway: November 26, 2020
November 26, 2020, 08:53:37 PM +0000 - Sonoma Raceway (Cup) - RRE Season 7 (2020) Touring Classics+P964
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 1 +1:44.829
---
1 30:05.756
---
17 0 1:44.403
---
Dunlop  
azaris

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 4 +1:46.323
---
2 +30.268
---
17 0 1:46.216
---
Dunlop  
BiriBiri

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 5 +1:46.914
---
3 +50.760
---
17 0 1:46.151
---
Dunlop  
Glenn Richardson

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 6 +1:47.845
---
4 +51.298
---
17 0 1:45.665
---
Yokohama  
picnic
 Team Shark
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 2 +1:45.460
---
5 +1:05.249
---
17 0 1:44.716
---
Pirelli  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 3 +1:45.753
---
6 +1:05.658
---
17 0 1:45.698
---
Pirelli  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring 7 +2:04.246
---
7 +2L
---
15 0 1:57.585
---
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring
---
8 +14L 3 0 1:49.451
---
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
Classic Touring
1:44.829
---
Geoffers
Qualifying
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32November 26, 2020, 08:53:37 PM +0000
E7TCP
Race Room Experience
Classic Touring
1:44.403
---
Geoffers
Race
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32November 26, 2020, 08:53:37 PM +0000
E7TCP
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Touring Classics+P964 - Sonoma Raceway - Nov 26  (Read 850 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: November 21, 2020, 12:31:36 PM +0000 »

Password: see above

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: Touring Classics + Porsche 964 (Carrera Cup Classic)
Track: Sonoma IRL
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 09:46:24 AM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 09:48:47 AM +0000 »

We are using a different layout than usual for this one. Make sure you do a few laps before race night
as the hairpins at the final corner and half way round are quite different. Particularly the final corner
which has no obvious markers.

azaris

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 06:23:04 PM +0000 »

Can we use a better layout?
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 09:41:40 PM +0000 »

I thought the BMW might have done well on a twisty course like this but it was a real struggle. I spent the first half of practice facing backwards as throttle, brakes, gearshifts, steering inputs, kerbs, Thursdays and light breezes all seemed to cause the BMW to spin, I spent the second half of the session driving a tricycle four seconds off the pace having softened the rear to the extent the inside front wheel was well off the ground in the corners. Having qualified three seconds off the pace I thought I was going to do well not to get lapped by Geoff.

Well done Geoff on a dominant win and to Toni for a strong second. The BMW didn't have the pace to challenge here and kept overheating resulting in short shifting the entire race, third onwards was simply who could make the fewest mistakes, I spun early on having sent it passed Birger into the chicane. Pete and Frex had a couple of spins gifting me the places back before I was able to latch onto Birger again and make the pass, he had good pace and kept the pressure on. An oversteery moment when shifting up into second on worn tyres allowed Birger back through teeing up a great battle over the last couple of laps. On the last lap Birger covered the inside on the brakes into the chicane so I went full send again on the outside this time, I turned in without giving room causing a half spin for both of us so apologies Birger - great race though and well earned podium finish!

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 09:51:21 PM +0000 »

Mixed feelings about this one.

Again at the start a car who was sleeping  Grin , the just avoided the crash of Pete and Toni, and took 3th place. Surprisingly i could semi follow Toni at 2sec. Off course i came under pressure from behind. Glenn tried to overtook me at the chicane, i left a car width room but Glen steered to hard and spinned, Pete that was behind spinned also to avoid Glen. So still in third.

after 10 min i made a small mistake up the mountain and Pete was again directly behind me. Again at the chicane: now i missed my braking point and braked then too hard for too long so i had understeer and missed the chicane. Due to my mistake i think Pete was surprised and spinned also. So still in third.

Then for the next 15min fight with Glen, with overtake's at the midway hairpin and the chicane. With 3/4 laps to go Glen was sligtly ahead (3sec) and i thought P3 was gone. Up to Glen made a mistake somewhere and i was again third with the final lap to go and Glenn just behind me. Had a good first and second sector but forgot to tab the brakes in the esses's  therefore Glen was again behind me but blocked. I defended the final chicane but braked too early Glen came from the outside i remained on the inside and we touched each other, with a spin for Glen.

I waited up to Glen was again in the right direction but Glen braked also so finished third.

Watched the replay and just before turn-in to the chicane Glen was for 90% ahead of me. So i should braked more and sticked my nose on the inside.

Sorry  Embarrassed Happy with a penalty and Glen takes third.

Otherwise great race for me, didn't expect such a good drive. Congrats to Geoff
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 09:58:53 PM +0000 »

I was able to latch onto Birger again and make the pass, he had good pace and kept the pressure on. An oversteery moment when shifting up into second on worn tyres allowed Birger back through teeing up a great battle over the last couple of laps. On the last lap Birger covered the inside on the brakes into the chicane so I went full send again on the outside this time, I turned in without giving room causing a half spin for both of us so apologies Birger - great race though and well earned podium finish!

Thx, but was also my mistake. Braked too early so you passed me for 90%. But then i realized i was braking too early stopped braking and rebraked and was pushing my nose next to you. So was appropriate to not give me room you passed me already before turn-in, was under pressure last sector at the last lap. Still learning, happy i'm now improving my skills up to the main pack.
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 09:37:53 AM +0000 »

Didn't really get to grips with this weird layout. Luckily the Nissan seemed to be a bit op here. Had a small collision with Pete in T1 when we both attempted to take the inside, sorry about that. Geoff quickly vanished into the distance in a class of his own while I waited for the challenge from behind that never came. Congrats Geoff and Birger.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 12:47:33 PM +0000 »

Appears that the Nissan was the car to have here, when I thought it would have been the ideal track for the little BMW. I really think that the physics of these cars is now all wrong & it was much better before RRE overhauled it.

Anyway, to the race. Initially struggled with the Nissan, but some setup changes made it easier to drive & I found the laptimes were better if I didn't push too hard. A couple of areas needed a bit of care, the uphill approach to T2, it was easy to lose the rear changing down & at the RHer T4 the car was prone to taking to two wheels & rolling if you drove over the kerb. But other than that I quite got to enjoy the car around this layout & was able to put in some good laps early on & build a lead then not have to push too hard when the tyres were past their best later in the race. Quite a satisfying drive if not the most exciting of races.

Congrats to Toni & Birger on the all Nissan podium.  clap clap
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 12:03:01 PM +0000 »

I second Geoff's assessment of the cars. I used to really enjoy these cars and the DTM95 ones
but now they have ruined them for me. They drive like they are on ancient crossplies and rather than grip...grip...grip....slide
they just grip a bit, slide slide slide. Seriously unrealistic for the car type, and the race tyres they use.

This is the reason I included the old Pork as a "sometimes" more drivable alternative.
I will do the usual vote for the next series soon, so the more recent members can have their say.

I set this layout because we have used other Sonoma layouts to death in the past, and this layout seemed to provide
a decent change from the norm. The only part of the track that I found annoying was the last hairpin
as there were no good visual clues. and you had to do a lot of laps to find the right braking point.

Strangely, I can drive these easier with my old G25 in Southport, when I go to my place with the Thrustmaster
I fall off all over the place. I had trouble with the throttle pot, took it off and cleaned it, but when I put it
back together the pot was not quite the same position, and even now after moving it, all the pedals have some travel
left before they hit the stops. I have tried using a cal tool, but I can't get them right. I really don't like this Tmaster
it is bigger, and a lot more expensive, but I just can't get on with it.

Little front drive car at Aragon next. I have not done a single lap there so far........

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 11:13:22 AM +0000 »

It's donation time again Guy's  Roll Eyes

In these difficult times please give whatever you can afford, and we will continue to provide you with some excellent sim racing  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 03:41:44 PM +0000 »

Little front drive car at Aragon next. I have not done a single lap there so far........

Shocked Roll Eyes Huh helpsmilie surrender

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 04:59:56 PM +0000 »

But I will  Roll Eyes

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2020, 06:46:17 PM +0000 »

Is there not a race on this Thursday? (3rd)

I wont be able to attend but thought strange I couldn't see what was running

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 07:50:49 PM +0000 »

There is, I just missed linking the page.  hang hang
Ta for the heads up

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com