Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 12:47:13 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fun Race at Valencia: October 23, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Fun Race at Valencia GP - 23rd Oct  (Read 9135 times)
Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 06:33:21 PM +0100 »

i was gonan take the saleen but seems now teh only thing illbe taking tonight is me g/f for dinner Sad

some ppl just have no respect for my racing  Grin

...btw dunno how it will stack up but after 10 lap race online @ Valencia, im kinda liking it more and more and managed a best of 1:29:2

gl and hf all

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
fury

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 08:29:21 PM +0100 »

cant find server need help?
mclaessen

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 08:33:09 PM +0100 »

It's in the lobby: Simracing.org.uk Smiley

fury

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 08:36:33 PM +0100 »

ingame through multiplayer u mean, if so i cant c it??
plz help
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 08:37:19 PM +0100 »

Make sure you are in Simulation, not the lesser game mods

mclaessen

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 10:03:53 PM +0100 »

Didn't think of that one Smiley
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 10:11:56 PM +0100 by mclaessen » Logged

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 10:04:05 PM +0100 »

Well that was fun. Decided to join last minute and got about 15 minutes of qualifying in. Had already raced this track in the Viper offline against AI in one of the custom championships so decided that seens as that was what I'd had track time in I would stick to it and vary the grid a little. About 4th from back of GTs so a pleasing qually in the Viper.

Mediums front and rear and they were great for about 20 minutes. At which point my PD monitor readout was saying 20 on the wear indicators. 30 is where you get called in for WORN TYRES and with a few laps left sure enough OI GYMER WORN TYRES GET YOURSELF IN. No thankyou Mr nice pitcrew I only have a few more laps to endure on completely ungrippy tyres I can make it.   laugh Ended up 8th.

Thanks to all the lapped cars for being so very nice. Near the end I was really struggling for grip so not that easy to pass anywhere but straights and you made it very nice for me.

Again frame rates were up near 60fps but seemed a bit stuttery. You could barely see it but it was just there. One big lag I saw when a black Lambo passed me and warped into the kitty litter in front. Bad luck. Other than that thigns generally looked fine on the lag front.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
NoSpeed

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 10:04:36 PM +0100 »

Oh dare!!! started 2nd in NGT after Milton, but in 1st lap my gf arrived and wanted to get inside house... hmm what shall i do..... DAMN Angry Angry Angry drive to the side and let all pass, run to the door unlock, run back to pc... hmmm last :'( well well i enjoyed it anyway!!! shame tho could have been intresting against milton... Grats to podium!!!

longskater1969

Lick My Eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 10:09:39 PM +0100 »

What a race apart from Leh what are you doing ramming into some one a lap up dude you have to sort it out  Angry
that out the way thanks to all ngt who some how managed to keep the racing line clean well done simracing top race  Grin

hope this keeps up

Lick My Swollen Eyes

28CD : http://www.28cd.co.uk
www.r-a-t-s.co.uk
Carl Hart

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 10:10:12 PM +0100 »

That was a good race for me! Started in thrid place and ended up in second after LeH's spin. Had and excellent fight with Ruskus to the end. A brilliant race for me and my first win with you guys. Thanks everyone for a fair race. Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 10:10:50 PM +0100 »

You were mighty quick at the end there No speed, my tyres were shagged by that point and you had way more pace all over the track, nice clean fight  Cool

I struggled in that race, no idea why but despite me doing 90 laps over the weekend and getting constant low 1:35's, i just couldnt get near that time this eve  :'(  My rears were cooking really early and the car handling felt awful despite me previously thinking it was a neat setup for this track. Have no idea why, unless the 30 degrees sunshine made all the difference Huh

Had some good on track battles with Pops, a great one with Jan Dujis for quite a few laps and then a late one with RSM nospeed. But hated the car handling...understeer and oversteer= no fun  :'(

mclaessen

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 10:12:05 PM +0100 »

Reminder: Without mentioning names. When you spin and get into the gravel get of the ****** throttle. I saw you spinning 200 meters in front of me at the bend before the last turn. When I catched you you were still spinning. Stopping in the middle of the track and rejoining the race from there is a no-no.

My race started of well. Dan managed to pull a gap. In about lap 4 I was closing the gap to Dan when someone span way in front of me. I tried to avoid him but he came to a halt in the middle of the track. I hit him head on. Rejoined the race in 7th but I sustained some aero damage from the crash. Couldn't manage to keep up with Locutos and finished in 7th.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 10:12:13 PM +0100 »

I took the Lister to see if it would be competitive here, and it is, some what Cheesy. It is sooooo different in comparisson to GTR1. In GTR1 it was a car you can throw around till eternity, but now it was a twisty little *bleep* Grin.

I couldn't get a PB in qually, so I had to be happy with 2nd. But my big payment to the marshalls paid off, and they put me on the 1st gridposition Grin (great bug Tongue).

The first few laps LeH was driving away from me slowly, but after that I was gaining on him, and really putting the pressure on. He made some small mistake, but the acceleration of the Lambo made up for that. At some point we were going side by side through T1, and both keeping the throttle on. That was really cool Cool, but again, the Lambo pulled away before the poor little Lister could.
Shortly after that, LeH lost it and spun, donating 1st place.
At that point the hunter got hunted, as I had Pablo and Matjaz behind me sweatdrop.
Pablo was quicker than me, but he was chased by Matjaz closely, so he was also under pressure. When Pablo got held up, Matjaz overtook him, but a few moments later, he spun in his favourit corner and Pablo was alone on the hunt.
I could keep a gap for a few laps, but after that he was in my rear like mad. I had to push hard to keep a good exitspeed. After overtaking some backmarkers, I got another gap.
8 Minutes before the end, I got the message: "Tyres worn" Shocked. So I had to keep a 2s lead, for 8 minutes on worn fronts. But to make matters worst, 4 minutes later, I got that same message again, and my rears were also shot Undecided. In every race I've taken soft fronts and medium rears. I know the Lister as a tyre friendly car, so I thought that that car and track combo would go hand in hand, but no such luck. Guess others also had that problem. At that point I was at Pablo's mercy, as he was much faster at that point.
He did a great overtaking move in the last corners, 3 laps before the end, and I saw him drive away after that.

Thanks to all the people who were lapped for good fair driving. No strange manouvres through my front windshield (which got very dirty towards the end, hardly saw a thing Roll Eyes).

Now for the negative things. As we have many new drivers, we can lose a few who can't read the bloody rules, and violate the rules every time. Maybe ban them for a race of they keep breaking the rules?
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 10:13:19 PM +0100 »

First off appologies to Don for ramming you, LEH was warping all over the shot, I missed my breaking point and well you know the rest, sorry bud.

On to the race, in the whole great stuff especially the battle with Maj, wow thats a hard circuit to overtake on.  Race was nearly spoiled on 2 occasions, once after hitting Maurice who had hit a stationary *** sitting in the middle of the track.  Second occasion was on the last lap when the same driver, now a lap down, rejoins straight in front of me, unbelievable.  You know it wouldnt hurt to have some consideration for a change bud.
Anyway big thanks to the ngt boys for letting us past when MJ and myself were fighting for position, great driving guys.

Grats to Dan on a great drive, good to see you on the podium mate.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 10:14:57 PM +0100 by greg130 » Logged

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 10:14:33 PM +0100 »

What a race, one of the best for me, despite the finish place Roll Eyes
Congratulations for the podium, well done. Smiley
Amazing pace you guys did all race, good job. :)Very respectable indeed. thumbup2

Now, a special respect for:
-Ruskus (Lister) GT
-Simon (Viper) GT
    both in a field of Lambo´s and 550, for change...
-Reigman (TVR) NGT
    in a field of ONLY Porsches dots
-Bernielomax (Porsche 911 bi-turbo) G2
-and that guy with the Porsche cup G3 stupid

Thank god the real championship, have a great variety of cars Grin, or FIA has to call
him Cup (something) oops
Anyway, i bet that Ruskus, Simon, Reigman, Bernielomax and the G3 guy,
have one hell of a fun race trying to catch the faster ones and keep them places yes

Thanks all for the great fun as usual
I will try to race with 550 or Lambo next race to avoid so much variety of cars Tongue

Kiddingggggggg....cheers

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com