The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 08:45:00 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E Most: December 20, 2020
December 20, 2020, 09:14:10 PM +0000 - Most (GP (2005+)) - RRE
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Glenn Richardson

SEAT Leon E-Racer {unknown} 1 1:32.968
---
1 9:26.484
---
6 0 1:32.877
---
Yokohama  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
SEAT Leon E-Racer {unknown} 2 +0.556
---
2 +2.702
---
6 0 1:33.022
---
Yokohama  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
SEAT Leon E-Racer {unknown} 3 +0.778
---
3 +8.447
---
6 0 1:33.608
---
Yokohama  
BiriBiri

SEAT Leon E-Racer {unknown} 7 +3.436
---
4 +16.701
---
6 0 1:35.372
---
Yokohama  
picnic
 Team Shark
SEAT Leon E-Racer {unknown} 4 +1.373
---
5 +17.312
---
6 0 1:34.109
---
Yokohama  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
SEAT Leon E-Racer {unknown} 5 +1.677
---
6 +26.637
---
6 0 1:35.685
---
Yokohama  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
SEAT Leon E-Racer {unknown} 6 +3.270
---
7 +1L 5 0 1:35.207
---
unknown
Yokohama  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE - Most - Dec 20  (Read 1548 times)
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2020, 05:53:09 PM +0000 »

Noob here, so how does regen affect the battery life and car handling? More regen I guess gives more battery life but what's the cost? Are there multiple separate settings here for brake regen/coasting etc?

With 9min racing, i have constant 30% battery life on the finish (2min i think is for ending the race after the first is on the finish). Another 2 min i think is better.

Second question wath is the difference between S and D. Just like in a normal road car Sport and Drive (so a little bit of engine mapping?)

My car just wan't to turn in on slow tight corners  Huh ?

see ya
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2020, 06:14:29 PM +0000 »

Guys, read the info I linked to in reply #2 of this thread.

Bit puzzled by your 30% battery life Birger, I only have 26% at the race start!  Huh

Try softening the front suspension (ARB & springs) & stiffening the rear to help it turn better. Still understeers quite a bit though. Car also has TC so use that to induce some oversteer possibly.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2020, 06:29:39 PM +0000 »

Practice server is up. My original plan was to run the races to laps rather than a time limit, but seems this is not possible on the RRE server Sad
So the races will be 9 mins + 120 seconds which should enable everybody to finish without running out of battery.

I presume 9mins + 120s = 11 mins. Anyway just tried a test race set at 11 mins (7 laps) & regen at 15% & ran out of battery power just coming out of the final turn & coasted across the line. So maybe a little less aggression on the throttle early in the race will be needed, or just go for it & hope!
Maybe i have miscalculated. I will have a play before the race if i get a chance
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2020, 06:38:02 PM +0000 »

Noob here, so how does regen affect the battery life and car handling? More regen I guess gives more battery life but what's the cost? Are there multiple separate settings here for brake regen/coasting etc?

With 9min racing, i have constant 30% battery life on the finish (2min i think is for ending the race after the first is on the finish). Another 2 min i think is better.

Second question wath is the difference between S and D. Just like in a normal road car Sport and Drive (so a little bit of engine mapping?)

see ya

Thats mentioned in the Sector 3 Forums page for the car. 'D' will just use up the battery with NO regen. 'S' will do some level of regen. Net tried it yet. Sounds like you need to map more keys!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2020, 06:40:39 PM +0000 »

Guys, read the info I linked to in reply #2 of this thread.

Thx, sorry didn't do RTFM (Read the tuuuuut (Martin  Wink ) Manual).

Bit puzzled by your 30% battery life Birger, I only have 26% at the race start!  Huh

When leaving the pits i'm at 100%, maybe different HUD?

Try softening the front suspension (ARB & springs) & stiffening the rear to help it turn better. Still understeers quite a bit though. Car also has TC so use that to induce some oversteer possibly.

Thx, but already did that (i'm carefull with the TC, spinning is more time loss than going a little bit wide).
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2020, 06:57:33 PM +0000 »

see ya

Thats mentioned in the Sector 3 Forums page for the car. 'D' will just use up the battery with NO regen. 'S' will do some level of regen. Net tried it yet. Sounds like you need to map more keys!
Regen level can be set in the setup pages before you go out on track. Not sure if you can map keys to it
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2020, 07:05:23 PM +0000 »

I think "fine" is the word you are looking for Birger  Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2020, 07:23:28 PM +0000 »

I think "fine" is the word you are looking for Birger  Roll Eyes

Grin

With 11min at the timer i'm also struggling (without regen i come 3 to 10% too short). With regen its fun, constant looking where can i coast or not, when will i attack.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2020, 08:08:44 PM +0000 »

Just resetting the server now, had internet probs. Please do not broadcast the passwords for all to see
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2020, 08:12:31 PM +0000 »

server is now up, i have set the third race to 8 mins so if we have probs in the first two the third should be a proper run to the finish!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2020, 09:47:43 PM +0000 »

Very late joining tonight, PC seemed very slow & it was a real struggle to get RRE to run & to join the server. Odd because it ran fine this afternoon & it seems fine again now. Huh

So racing was not too brilliant, particularly as my car did not want to get off the line like everyone else's. This afternoon when trying the car I found it got away best if you waited until the lights went green & then stepped on the throttle, sitting there with foot on throttle gave a 1s lag before the car moved. Tonight what ever way I tried there was a lag before anything happened, sure it was my PC causing it, hope I was not lagging during the race, no one said anything so hope it was OK!

Anyway, congrats to Glenn, much faster than the rest of us.  I Am Not Worthy clap
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2020, 10:05:57 PM +0000 »

So racing was not too brilliant, particularly as my car did not want to get off the line like everyone else's. This afternoon when trying the car I found it got away best if you waited until the lights went green & then stepped on the throttle, sitting there with foot on throttle gave a 1s lag before the car moved. Tonight what ever way I tried there was a lag before anything happened, sure it was my PC causing it, hope I was not lagging during the race, no one said anything so hope it was OK!

Nope, you had no lag. Same thing on my side during the training single events with the AI drivers, Start everyone starting except me starting 1 sec later.

Just before the event i made some practice starts, every time restarting the race at T1 (because i was frustrated at the AI drivers). Then i found it don't select S to start, but D and you have a good start. I think the save energy modus is preventing a good start.

From my side mixed feeling, didn't had 1 lap speed, but in race i didn't make a lot of mistakes and catched the crashed/spinned cars. In the second race i was in the lead but then off course i make mistakes. Didn't had any problems with energy first two races finished with +/- 20% energy. Last race i switched between D and S and had 7% left.

But is there a difference between S (0% regen) and D? With D the battery life is reducing more quickely but i didn't noticed it in lap time.

Also struggling with the braking points  Grin if i swith all the time from energy mode  Grin. First race some wheel banging towards T1 but in the replay everything was okay. 

Congrats towards Glenn, and merry Christmas, stay safe!
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2020, 05:46:27 PM +0000 »

Thanks Stephen for putting another event on and Merry Christmas everyone!

I got poor starts in races 1 & 2 but cottoned on to Birger's brilliant starts for race 3 and launched in 'D' which did the trick. Apologies for becoming an obstacle in race 2, I caught the kerb heavy at the fast right hander launching me onto two wheels and then a big slide. Birger had to take to the grass to avoid me and I kept tripping Mark and Geoff up parking the car on every apex - the only way I could get any speed out of the car was to stop on every apex, turn the car and then punch out in a straight line.

Electric motorsport doesn't do a lot for me, aside from the noise, power delivery and going up and down the gears my driving style doesn't really work well with these cars. I like the rear of the car to be very loose on corner entry and do a lot of the steering which is why I prefer lower downforce such as WTCR/GT4 etc. rather than DTM and am completely inept in anything mid or rear engined. To get a laptime out of these I was having to scrub so much speed off and take a tight line to be able to keep the throttle pinned on exit as they are quite understeery.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2020, 10:46:41 PM +0000 »

Well that was strange generally. The car dynamically is a pig; in the slow stuff especially and tends to understeer too much so i couldnt work out if its FWD or RWD! I didnt like that i couldnt change gear and just gripped the wheel tighter to stop myself. Not sure there is a way to change the car drastically too much, never did get the fronts working. Seemed to get a good start in Race 1, in S and pressing throttle when green but it didnt seem to work in the next two, just sitting there a a few secs before moving.

Was strange how some people were really slow some laps but then would go alot quicker a few laps later, maybe it was just from offs.

Something didnt seem right when i was leaving the pits with 100% charge yet Pete was only getting 26%? Yet seemingly we both lasted the same distance?

Tbh, i'm not sure about these in the future. Only seem to be limited to 9min races, car is not nice to drive. These definately are below the GT4's for me.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2020, 12:02:20 AM +0000 »

How do you get 100% I started with 26%. Do you get a full charge with a pit stop?

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com