by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 04:32:43 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21VWSC Mugello: January 18, 2021
January 18, 2021, 08:41:34 PM +0000 - Mugello (GP) - UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
VW Scirocco (#51) GTC-TC-76 1 2:08.283
89.649mph
1 47:37.470
88.543mph
22 2:08.460
89.525mph
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
VW Scirocco (#328) GTC-TC-76 4 +0.892
89.030mph
2 +49.442
87.037mph
22 2:09.915
88.522mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
VW Scirocco (#53) GTC-TC-76 5 +1.422
88.666mph
3 +52.698
86.940mph
22 2:10.623
88.043mph
Goodyear  
Daz9

VW Scirocco (#133) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.242
89.480mph
4 +1:03.739
86.611mph
22 2:09.025
89.133mph
Goodyear  
AndyL

VW Scirocco (#15) GTC-TC-76 10 +3.373
87.352mph
5 +1:32.712
85.760mph
22 2:12.116
87.048mph
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
VW Scirocco (#103) GTC-TC-76 6 +2.199
88.138mph
6 +1:44.395
85.422mph
22 2:11.428
87.503mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
VW Scirocco (#14) GTC-TC-76 11 +3.867
87.025mph
7 +1:46.532
85.361mph
22 2:11.776
87.272mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
VW Scirocco (#233) GTC-TC-76 13 +5.734
85.813mph
8 +1:53.995
85.146mph
22 2:13.450
86.178mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
VW Scirocco (#320) GTC-TC-76 7 +2.965
87.623mph
9 +1:59.200
84.997mph
22 2:12.000
87.124mph
Goodyear  
misnoimis

VW Scirocco (#81) GTC-TC-76 12 +5.149
86.189mph
10 +1:59.390
84.992mph
22 2:12.975
86.485mph
Goodyear  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
VW Scirocco (#4) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.569
89.253mph
11 +7L 15 2:09.930
88.512mph
suspension
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
VW Scirocco (#92) GTC-TC-76 9 +3.221
87.453mph
12 +8L 14 2:11.550
87.422mph
suspension
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
VW Scirocco (#48) GTC-TC-76 8 +3.044
87.571mph
13 +17L 5 2:11.781
87.269mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup - Mugello - Jan 18  (Read 1431 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2020, 12:29:33 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

Track: Mugello GP

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (22 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops required: NO

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None

CAR OWNERS

#14 - WT
#328 - Ziu Bacubacu
#48 - SpecialKS
#51 - Geoffers
#15 - AndyL
#133 - Daz9
#4 - Dimitar Dulichki
#92 - Evil Clive
#320 - phspok
#53 - Erling G-P
#103 - seniordan
#233 - roguk
#81 - misnoimis
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:20:26 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 09:52:21 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 08:45:52 AM +0000 »

I seemed to be slower than I should have been, don't know why, but towards the end the front tyres were red
and I had little grip, Had a good race with Clive until we made contact. Shame, would have been a good finish.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 10:22:10 AM +0000 »

Grats to the podium and finishers.

NP Matt, just a racing incident and in such evenly matched cars there is bound to be some very close racing and contact. I doubt that these cars raced in Real life without battle scars??

It had been a great chase up until then and I have definitely improved my "H" shifting with only a couple of half fluffed gear changes last night. My pace was gradually improving and I was able to slowly reel Matt in until I was on his tail and looking for a passing opportunity.  But for lap after lap he was just a little too quick. It was becoming increasingly obvious that he was struggling for grip so I plotted my overtaking move over several laps testing different lines and braking points .
I thought that I had it all worked out and launched my move. It almost worked  Roll Eyes and I got my car just about ahead (I thought), but reality decided otherwise and my diversion into the armco deranged the steering/suspension and that was race over.

Whisper it quietly, but I was almost beginning to enjoy driving these front wheel drive abominations  Wink.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 10:40:59 AM +0000 »

I like these, just I either had a setup that swapped ends at every corner entry, or understeered like an oil tanker.
Should have just been a bit of paint swapping, and a good battle, but I tipped Clive just enough to send him off  Embarrassed

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 10:49:47 AM +0000 »

Another great night's racing. The entertainment level of this series is sky high. My starts always make me laugh; For some reason I am always  behind Ziu who isn't the rocketman he is during the rest of the race. So past Ziu and a dash for T1, to capture 3rd or 4th pos with a smile but not for long of course and after one or two laps I inevitably find myself thrown back to midfield by the aliens. Quite happy with  that. The midfield boys are  quite an aggressive lot not giving an inch away. 22 laps of pushing,braking,sparks, avoiding....in a screaming VW, I can't think of a better way to spend a Monday evening. These German screamers have even turned gentleman Tony into a furious racer, very difficult to catch up with and impossible to pass  and Matt"s right foot never seems to lose contact with the metal , and beware of sneaky Andy, who sneaks past without you even noticing and then eases away with very consitent laptimes. It all brings up the best in us!
Special mention for Daz: If ever you do a jumpstart you'd better do it in a big way,..I have seldom seen anyone rocket off the line that fast..Certainly worth at least five stop and goes! Admirable come back Daz.

See you Wednesday.
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 11:38:48 AM +0000 »

I was going OK in P2 behind Geoffers who was much faster until i touch the grass, span the car and stall the engine. After that we had good battle with Tony. In an attempt to overtake him from the outside on turn 1 i went on the grass. After that i was lucky to go to P6 i think after some collisions ahead of me. But the end happen when something made my steering wheel go crazy. You can see what happen on the video.

Grats to Geoff for the win and to the podium guys.

https://youtu.be/kJTyB5cn9nA

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 11:48:57 AM +0000 »

I did  a little practice before this race but it obviously didn't make me quicker.

I took my customary place at the back to see how things panned out intending to speed things up after a couple of laps. I spent the entire race behind RogUK but it was a lot of fun being involved for every lap of the race.

I think I was faster but the track was narrow in most places and it was difficult to pass a driver doing a similar speed. I worked out the best chance was the last corner which was quite wide and on the penultimate lap got past by diving up the inside. But fast in, slow out Rog pulled level with me on the straight and had got half a cars length  in front by the first corner so I let him go. Having shown my hand I thought he would cover the inside on the last bend and be a bit slow  so I tried to go round the outside. Unfortunately I just missed my breaking point and on worn tyres got a wheel on the grass. I was then a passenger as the car slid through the gravel and shook hands with the wall. More a Glasgow handshake. As I accelerated up the straight a recovering Matt caught and past me so I gave up a place but overall an interesting race although a poor result for me.

Grats to Winner, podiums and all. clap
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 12:13:06 PM +0000 »

One of those 'good result but little to report' races.

Grabbed pole but was a little disappointed not to get 2.07 lap which I had achieved in testing. Got a good start, not as good as Daz though  Shocked, when I saw him go I nearly went too before realising that he had gone well before the green. Just held off the rocket starting Dan at T1 & also later on lap 1 when I nearly lost the rear at Arabbiata. Daz headed for his S/G at the end of lap 2 & that was about it, only car I saw after that was DD in my mirror for a few laps & then later in the wall at T1. Much more my sort of track, no pesky chicanes. Grin

Congrats to Ziu & Erling  & good recovery drive from Daz.  clap clap clap

Doh, its Enna next, more ******* chicanes.  Angry
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 12:27:43 PM +0000 »

For once i wasn't the slowest and even able to overtake others  Grin . But not for long as I made too many mistakes  Tongue Roll Eyes .

Fun car but difficult to handle.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 03:20:48 PM +0000 »

A mostly good race for me, on a demanding circuit.  Praccy looked promising - dipped below 2:10 for the first time, which put me right in amongst the fast crowd.  Ziu was a joker though - I did not for one second believe his 2:12 time was the best he could do, and Geoffers had not yet set a time.  Qual quickly rectified any delusions about being able to mix it with the aliens - despite a 0.3 sec improvement of my pb, 5th was all I could achieve - Geoffers' time seemed damn near impossible, and he even claims to have been faster yet!!  Shocked

Passed Ziu at the start, but (of course) lost a place to phantom starter Dan, who dragged Matt with him. End of L1, Ziu got past and I was down to 7th.  Beginning of L2, Matt went on the grass and I seized the opportunity to nip past; 6th then and elevated to 5th when Daz headed for the pits.  Next Ziu & Dan tangled, allowing me to pass both, putting me in 3rd.  Was chased by Ziu when DD went off, putting me in 2nd. Far far up ahead, Geoffers was still moving away at an unfathomable 2-3 secs a lap - you could be forgiven for thinking he had found a local wormhole on the track..

Ziu caugth up and we had a long battle for 2nd. Eventually I left the door too open in the final hairpin, and he slipped past on the inside. Battle continued, just with positions swapped.  After some laps, he started braking earlier and in places I didn't expect, so assumed his tyres were in worse shape than mine; time for attack then.  Got past in the same place as he did, but with slipstream he was right along with me down the straight.  Side by side into T1 and unfortunately we touched on the exit, sending me into a spin and ending the duel.  Lost about 10 secs and set all in trying to catch him again.  Did shorten the gap, but with only 5 laps left, it was not enough.  Grats to Geoffers on an untouchable win and to Ziu on 2nd.  Commiserations to those who met misfortune; the cars seem quite fragile, so not hitting anything is most important.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 04:55:41 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 05:43:26 PM +0000 »

Well, that all went a bit wrong..... oops

Could not get as comfortable with the car here as I had been at the last 2 events, it was forever going around on me in the fast chicanes (yes they are Geoff  2guns) and the rear end just would not play ball for me. Best time I had done in practise was 2.10.4......

Managed to trim that with some setup tweaks before quali, but it was always hard work. And then Geoffers went over a second quicker than any of us had at that point, so really thought it was a lost cause. Where the lap I did for quali came from eventually I don't know, can only presume it was a fluke as I couldn't repeat it in the race at all.

And then the start. Count gets to 3, I push the clutch down and engage 1st gear, the car immediately rolls forward sharply. Now, I know I've already got a stop go here, there is no chance it hasn't given me one, I'm too far over the line. So, the choice is to stop, and wait for the green, and in doing so maybe get involved with some cars at some point of the lap, and maybe affect someones race by getting in the way. Or, to wait on the line, and try to let everyone past as quickly as possible, which is also fraught with danger of someone maybe not avoiding you. Or, I could do what I decided to do and just gun it, and get up the road and out of everybodys way, with it being very obvious that I would be going to the pits shortly for a stop go. Hence the stupid start, it was a clutch malfunction, and totally screwed the race really.

Hit the pit at the end of lap 2, came out over 30 seconds off the lead, and about 20 behind the tail of the pack. Spent a few laps closing down, and ended up making my way past a few without incident, right up to Tony.....I am sorry for the little contact that we had, the second of which was to try to straighten you up after half spinning you initially, I hope it didn't cause any major damage. You were driving really well, and it was very difficult to find a proper opportunity to get past, very disappointed that it ended the way it did  oops

Managed to scrap my way to 4th eventually, not sure I would have been too much higher even with a good start, so I'll take it. Not sure what Geoffers found in the setup, but his pace was on a level no one else was at, very impressive indeed.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 05:53:11 PM +0000 »

Not sure what Geoffers found in the setup, but his pace was on a level no one else was at, very impressive indeed.

Nothing really, pretty much the same I used at Salzburgring, it just suited this track better I guess.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com