by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 11:34:41 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21VWSC Enna: January 25, 2021
January 25, 2021, 08:41:41 PM +0000 - Enna - UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Daz9

VW Scirocco (#133) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.636
98.054mph
1 50:28.735
95.375mph
26 1:54.762
96.811mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
VW Scirocco (#53) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.780
97.930mph
2 +38.958
94.164mph
26 1:55.700
96.026mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
VW Scirocco (#51) GTC-TC-76 5 +2.091
97.662mph
3 +44.581
93.992mph
26 1:54.226
97.266mph
Goodyear  
AndyL

VW Scirocco (#15) GTC-TC-76 7 +4.792
95.397mph
4 +57.086
93.611mph
26 1:56.450
95.408mph
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
VW Scirocco (#328) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.141
99.365mph
5 +57.277
93.605mph
26 1:54.377
97.137mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
VW Scirocco (#233) GTC-TC-76 9 +5.479
94.838mph
6 +1:37.866
92.390mph
26 1:57.575
94.495mph
Goodyear  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
VW Scirocco (#4) GTC-TC-76 1 1:51.671
99.491mph
7 +1:49.173
92.057mph
26 1:56.148
95.656mph
Goodyear  
misnoimis

VW Scirocco (#81) GTC-TC-76 10 +6.099
94.339mph
8 +1L
88.914mph
25 2:00.075
92.528mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
VW Scirocco (#14) GTC-TC-76 13 +7.766
93.022mph
9 +2L
85.559mph
24 1:59.325
93.109mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
VW Scirocco (#320) GTC-TC-76 12 +6.416
94.085mph
10 +12L 14 1:56.518
95.352mph
suspension
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
VW Scirocco (#92) GTC-TC-76 11 +6.384
94.111mph
11 +17L 9 1:59.617
92.882mph
suspension
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
VW Scirocco (#48) GTC-TC-76 8 +5.387
94.912mph
12 +19L 7 1:58.912
93.433mph
suspension
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
VW Scirocco (#103) GTC-TC-76 6 +2.821
97.040mph
13 +24L 2 2:00.658
92.081mph
suspension
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup - Enna - Jan 25  (Read 1106 times)
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 10:53:17 PM +0000 »

That gets a thumbs up from me Tony, just so easy to destroy the car here. Only done this track a couple of times over the years, but always the same story.....
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 12:35:35 AM +0000 »

My first victory in UKGTL came here, so i am opposite to Daz this time Cheesy

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 12:12:59 PM +0000 »

To be honest I was just happy to finish this race, to finish 3rd was a bonus.

I was not able to get anywhere near the times DD & Ziu achieved in qually & had settled for 3rd on the grid until Erling & Daz bumped me back to 5th in the dying moments. Opening few laps were predictably rather eventful with several crashes, two of which I got involved in (more comment on that below). After that though I got my act together & gradually worked my way up the order, eventually passing Andy for 3rd. Erling seemed too far ahead at that stage to improve any further but about 5 laps from the end the gap suddenly reduced, presumably Erling made a mistake. Eager to try to capitalise & maybe exert some pressure I promptly spun at the next chicane & a couple of laps later did the same again. Without those mistakes it could have been a close finish for 2nd.

Congrats to Daz on a comfortable win & to Erling in 2nd.  clap clap

OK, about the crashes. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or if it is my imagination, but often when someone hits one of the tyre stacks at the chicanes the following cars also do the same. On lap 1 there was an incident at the 3rd chicane (the fast one) & couple of cars ahead were involved, I thought I had missed the tyres but my car also was spun around. Then in 3 later incidents when I clipped the tyres & spun the car behind me did the the same. It is as if the tyre stacks momentarily get flipped into the road but are invisible before being replaced in their normal position. Some sort of bug?
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 12:29:39 PM +0000 »

Well, everything went wrong here. I blame myself first, mostly because of the terrible start. From P1 i went to P5 as i started actually OK but shifted to 3rd too early and i lost 4 positions.

At the end of the lap someone kicked the tire barrier at the chicane and i hit it as it was invisible now. I thought someone hit me there, but after watching the replay everything was clear now. After that maybe i lost concentration or the car had some damage but i made 2 more big mistakes.

But i still had a chance though until i hit Dan once again at that chicane. Tony slide to Dan, Dan went to the middle of the road and there was no chance to avoid him.  Grin

After that hit the car was in terrible condition and i was losing too much pace because of the damage.

But i am happy that i was able to finish the race, unfortunately just in P7 but at least i made the fastest lap of the evening, which is something, i guess...

Race replay with camera and commentary: https://youtu.be/TEmlSnnTgeE

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2021, 12:31:26 PM +0000 »

Very difficult track; those tyre-delimited chicanes were pure Russian roulette.  Tried hard to make a setup that would make the car more compliant over those tall kerbs.  Succeded somewhat, but there were still some that had to be avoided like the plague, for fear of losing control.

Got a good start, but a bump going into the first chicane sent me a bit wide, forcing a slow down and allowing SlipperyDan to squeeze up the inside before the following 90º right. I took a cautious approach to those tyre walled chicanes on the cold tyres of lap 1, but seemed to me several drivers took crazy chances trying to get an advantage, and of course mayhem ensued.  Had lost a place to Daz at the first, and approaching the 2nd, I was alongside DD. He was on the right, so I had no choice but to back off and tuck in behind him.  He still clipped the tyres, getting turned 90º in front of me. Braked, but couldn't avoid a mild T-bone of his car, turning me 90º too.  Behind me, I believe Geoffers clipped the tyres too, spinning round.  As I had no part in DD's mishap until it had happened, and I became a victim myself, I didn't wait.  Righted my car while ppl were still crashing around me, and set off after Ziu, who had made it through to the lead.

On L2, Ziu got out of shape on some kerbs, ending up nose to the wall and thus handing me the lead.  Behind me, Daz was inching closer lap by lap, in that frustrating relentless way.  When he had gotten close, it was my turn with the tyre barriers. Hit the right one in the first chicane, which sent me across track and into the left one, ending up sliding sideways in the infield, while Daz zoomed past.  Annoyed over myself; the aliens are advantaged enough as it is - no need to hand them things for free (not that I entertain any delusions of being able to stay ahead, but still...).

Gap to the cars behind me was fairly substantial and still growing, so my 2nd place seemed relatively safe at the time.  Ahead, Daz was pulling away, and I didn't want to risk everything in the chicanes trying to keep up.  Seeing in the replay how damaged his car was and how violent he was hit in the L1 shunt, I'm even more impressed with his speed. He may be even more superior than what we've seen so far.

Around L17, I lost the rear going through that 2nd tyre chicane, and try as I might, I couldn't prevent the car from kissing the barrier, losing the front spoiler and bending the steering. At the same time, it was obvious one of the fast drivers behind me had slogged his way through the field and was closing in.  My crippled car wouldn't go as fast as before, and with a 17-sec gap and far too many laps left, things were looking gloomy for my 2nd place.  Tried desperately to go as fast as I could, but still lost 3-4 secs on some laps.  Fortunately my chaser, who turned out to be Geoffers, had some less fast laps, allowing me to finish in 2nd after all.

Grats to Daz on the win & Geoffers on 3rd.  Commiserations to all the track victims.
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2021, 02:14:26 PM +0000 »

Well, this was certainly eventful..... eek blink

Very difficult track; those tyre-delimited chicanes were pure Russian roulette. 
Completely agree with this, almost a lottery...I also concur with Geoff, once the tires have been hit they show some strange behaviour indeed, sitting on the spot and spinning violently for one, invisible for another...

I have no idea where the pace came from for Dimitar and Ziu in quali, again I was content to make the race setup as good as possible, and wanted to be able to lap consistently without getting thrown so violently off the kerbs all the time. Eventually seemed to manage to come up with something half decent, in fact the quali lap was done with a slightly damaged car, so there was a little more pace to come, but I was miles off the top of the pile for sure.

Got an OK start, losing out to the nitrous powered Erling off the line, but just about holding off Mr. Rocket Dan himself. He squeezed past when I had to come off the throttle so I did not hit Dimitar though. I then found a line around Erling into the 3rd chicane as he braked early on the inside (hope that wasn't one of the crazy chances) and inherited 2nd as Dan had clipped the tyres robbing him of speed.

Then the 4th chicane, Ziu clips the tyres, they are doing something strange on screen which throws me completely, and I'm in them too and stopped in the middle of the road essentially. No chance to hit escape before Dan smashes into me, flipping his car good and proper from watching the replay, and I'm sent scudding up the road. I was narrowly avoided by others, but saw a lot of contact. Initially I did wonder whether it was my fault totally, but the replay shows the contact for Ziu that I hadn't spotted/remembered at the time (blame concussion  Wink ).

I got going, the car felt quite bent, but maybe not as bad as I feared given the size of the impact. I thought I would be missing wheels, so was relieved that it was not the case. Was frankly astonished to find myself in 3rd, further evidence of how many people had been involved I realised, which became 2nd when Ziu went off as Erling described. I then found I could just close up on Erling, and then made a move past him when he ran wide as described, and then attempted to pull any kind of gap. None of it was easy, the car was not 100% at all, but nor was anyone else's I think. I had steering that was around 30 degrees or so off the centre, and the car preferred lefts to rights, but it was still driveable. From that point kind of just pulled away gently, keeping it away from the kerbs, the car was not fast at all (1.5 seconds off quali time) but keeping it consistent was more important as I certainly didn't want any further damage.....

Brought it home for what felt like a ludicrously lucky win in all honesty. All could have been so different for just about the whole field, not sure anyone escaped totally scot free from lap 1!

On L2, Ziu got out of shape on some kerbs, ending up nose to the wall and thus handing me the lead.  Behind me, Daz was inching closer lap by lap, in that frustrating relentless way.

Sorry Erling, I'm just a pest by habit  lol whistling 

When he had gotten close, it was my turn with the tyre barriers. Hit the right one in the first chicane, which sent me across track and into the left one, ending up sliding sideways in the infield, while Daz zoomed past.  Annoyed over myself; the aliens are advantaged enough as it is - no need to hand them things for free (not that I entertain any delusions of being able to stay ahead, but still...).

That's a bit disingenuous, you've stayed ahead of many people, myself included, many times, with no trouble at all  thumbup2

Ahead, Daz was pulling away, and I didn't want to risk everything in the chicanes trying to keep up.  Seeing in the replay how damaged his car was and how violent he was hit in the L1 shunt, I'm even more impressed with his speed. He may be even more superior than what we've seen so far.

I was just very lucky I think Erling, the car could have been much worse, or even just been dead on the spot. I have a little bit of experience of driving things with a bit of damage in GTL, and practise offline with said damage if I cause it to replicate these types of scenarios. I'm not as good as you may be fearing/implying from your statement, honest guv. Perhaps Geoffers can give an impartial view from his many years of racing against me, but I usually feel I'm none too far from an accident of my own making, particularly when leading!
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2021, 04:44:18 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

In fact an a bit chaotic one. Could avoid the first round crashes except one  Roll Eyes,
so damage was done and I had to leave after some laps.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2021, 05:13:48 PM +0000 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2021, 11:00:03 PM +0000 »

Well, this was certainly eventful..... eek blink

On L2, Ziu got out of shape on some kerbs, ending up nose to the wall and thus handing me the lead.  Behind me, Daz was inching closer lap by lap, in that frustrating relentless way.

Sorry Erling, I'm just a pest by habit  lol whistling 

Now ain't that the truth...  Grin

When he had gotten close, it was my turn with the tyre barriers. Hit the right one in the first chicane, which sent me across track and into the left one, ending up sliding sideways in the infield, while Daz zoomed past.  Annoyed over myself; the aliens are advantaged enough as it is - no need to hand them things for free (not that I entertain any delusions of being able to stay ahead, but still...).

That's a bit disingenuous, you've stayed ahead of many people, myself included, many times, with no trouble at all  thumbup2

Maybe other normal drivers; rarely you tentacled lot - and 'no trouble at all', well hardly..  Smiley

Ahead, Daz was pulling away, and I didn't want to risk everything in the chicanes trying to keep up.  Seeing in the replay how damaged his car was and how violent he was hit in the L1 shunt, I'm even more impressed with his speed. He may be even more superior than what we've seen so far.

I was just very lucky I think Erling, the car could have been much worse, or even just been dead on the spot. I have a little bit of experience of driving things with a bit of damage in GTL, and practise offline with said damage if I cause it to replicate these types of scenarios. I'm not as good as you may be fearing/implying from your statement, honest guv. Perhaps Geoffers can give an impartial view from his many years of racing against me, but I usually feel I'm none too far from an accident of my own making, particularly when leading!

Hmm maybe; I'm not quite convinced - you'll have to mess up more in future races for that  Grin

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2021, 08:56:57 AM +0000 »

Apologies for my chat guys. I thought someone hit me at the first lap that started all my problems, but watching the replay it turns out i hit the invisible tire barrier.  Roll Eyes

Watching your video last night DD, I noticed that not all the tyre stacks show up in your game, do you have track detail turned down?
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2021, 12:48:12 PM +0000 »

Actually everything is at Full if we don't count Special Effects and Shadows. The tires were visible before someone hit them though. Cheesy

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2021, 01:16:59 PM +0000 »

Actually everything is at Full if we don't count Special Effects and Shadows. The tires were visible before someone hit them though. Cheesy

That is odd, because I had a tyre stack visible on the left at the entry to the second chicane complex all race, even after I had hit them myself.  Huh
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com