by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 11:40:16 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21VWSC Zandvoort: February 08, 2021
February 08, 2021, 08:41:34 PM +0000 - Zandvoort (1973-79) - UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
VW Scirocco (#4) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.715
97.466mph
1 48:46.087
96.398mph
30 1:36.502
97.431mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
VW Scirocco (#53) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.743
97.438mph
2 +35.732
95.235mph
30 1:37.056
96.875mph
Goodyear  
Daz9

VW Scirocco (#133) GTC-TC-76 1 1:35.753
98.194mph
3 +46.343
94.895mph
30 1:35.984
97.957mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
VW Scirocco (#320) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.754
96.427mph
4 +47.698
94.852mph
30 1:38.150
95.796mph
Goodyear  
AndyL

VW Scirocco (#15) GTC-TC-76 6 +1.899
96.284mph
5 +1:14.126
94.017mph
30 1:38.893
95.076mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
VW Scirocco (#51) GTC-TC-76 5 +1.792
96.390mph
6 +1:21.924
93.773mph
30 1:37.325
96.608mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
VW Scirocco (#14) GTC-TC-76 10 +6.708
91.765mph
7 +1L
92.000mph
29 1:39.996
94.027mph
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
VW Scirocco (#103) GTC-TC-76 8 +45.553
90.607mph
29 1:37.950
95.991mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
VW Scirocco (#233) GTC-TC-76 9 +4.175
94.091mph
9 +55.170
90.318mph
29 1:39.101
94.876mph
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
VW Scirocco (#48) GTC-TC-76 8 +3.858
94.390mph
10 +2:18.543
87.891mph
29 1:39.950
94.070mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
VW Scirocco (#92) GTC-TC-76 7 +2.851
95.354mph
11 +28L 2 1:39.799
94.213mph
engine
Goodyear  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup - Zandvoort - Feb 8  (Read 874 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2020, 12:36:02 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

Track: Zandvoort '75 GP

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (30 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops required: NO

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None

CAR OWNERS

#14 - WT
#328 - Ziu Bacubacu
#48 - SpecialKS
#51 - Geoffers
#15 - AndyL
#133 - Daz9
#4 - Dimitar Dulichki
#92 - Evil Clive
#320 - phspok
#53 - Erling G-P
#103 - seniordan
#233 - roguk
#81 - misnoimis

« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 11:01:22 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 10:00:45 PM +0000 »

This car and track combination is great because it has so many flat out corners where you need to be brave to take it that way. Me and Hristo tested tonight and he uploaded his setup if someone wants to give it a go.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 09:51:47 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 11:33:34 AM +0000 »

Man, Daz was bloody quick here.

He stun us at the the qualifying with out of this world 1:35.7 and i knew my chances to battle him for the win are going to be limited.

But this time i was well prepared as i had at least 40 laps of testing before the official practice session and i knew how tricky the car can be.

The interesting part was that with less fuel i was slower than with race fuel, so i decided to qualify with 48 liters.

And to be fair, i was a lot of lucky that night. I beat Coyote for P2 with just 2 hundreds of the seconds and on the start he and Matt made better starts than me and Daz, but there was no space for overtakes, so me and Daz continue in P2 and P1.

I was very quick on lap 1, just behind Daz but after that his tires started to work and he started to pull away from me. I was quicker than Coyote as well and i expected a lonely race in P2.

And after maybe 10 laps Daz made a mistake and i was now in P1. I continue with my strategy to be extra careful at the risky corners and not rush the car. And little by little Daz made few more mistakes and was now behind Erling. They battled for second place few laps which gave me the opportunity to increase the gap and be safe on the lead.

At the final laps i had great lead but i knew that my "cursed" car can strike at any moment so i was keeping the focus all the time.

At the end, with a rock-solid consistency and without big mistakes i was able to finally win at UKGTL in 2021. Smiley

Congrats to Erling and Daz on their podiums and to Matt and Andy on their great consistency with that tricky car/track combo.

Race replay with camera and commentary: https://youtu.be/-jD6UoZ6NGM
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 11:35:33 AM +0000 by Dimitar Dulichki » Logged

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 12:16:05 PM +0000 »

Poor showing for me again in the Scirocco, it all seems to have gone pear-shaped since Mugello, just completely lost pace in the car. May have found why though.

Did some practice earlier in the week & once I had found the dodgy areas of the track I was lapping quite happily in the 1.37s. Last night though I was all over the place, could not string two laps together in qually & only just managed a reasonable lap near the end for 5th on the grid. Would not have been able to challenge for the front row anyway.

Race wasn't much better, I could not keep up with the top 4 in the opening laps & when the errors crept in I dropped to near the back of the field. Had a few laps dicing with Kurt & Tony until I got ahead & eventually started to put in some decent laps. Started to gain on Dan & Andy but kept making mistakes & losing the time again. Eventually moved up to 6th when Dan pitted & that's where I finished.

All through the race I had a feeling that the car was not quite performing as it should, accelerating out of corners it was like a real life car had a very slight misfire. It was barely detectable so I thought I must be imagining it, but after the race I still had this nagging in my mind. So checked the pedal operation & it turns out the throttle pedal wasn't working properly, fluttering at both the top & bottom of the travel, so I often was not getting full throttle & also it was sometimes staying 1/4 open at the bottom. So some maintenance needed methinks. Roll Eyes

Congrats to DD on the win & to Erling & Daz on the podium.  clap clap clap
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 02:14:06 PM +0000 »

Had a few laps dicing with Kurt & Tony
It's a very exclusive club at our end of the grid but we do welcome new members.

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 02:31:11 PM +0000 »

I need to stop going quickly in qualifying, it ruins the race every time  clown

I had got into the 35s in practise, so thought that may be competitive enough to be at the sharp end. Was very surprised to be have that gap for pole though, but the lap was not repeatable despite trying.....

Good start, held off Dimitar through the first lap whilst I tried to keep the car straight and build some tyre temp. He then pressurised harder on the next couple of laps, so built some more speed, finally going at race pace on lap 4 or so. Which was fine, and I was more than comfortable just holding Dimitar at a 3 second lead.....But then it went wrong.....

Racing drivers excuse book at the ready..... detective

The car didn't feel quite as sure footed in the race as it did in quali, was always feeling like it was about to let go at the rear in the fast right handers mid lap. It was also relatively cold by our standards last night. I race wearing just socks on my feet, which is normally fine and means I can 'feel' the brake pedal properly, but both my feet and the metal pedals were really cold last night, and my foot just slipped off the brake pedal at the wrong time and I went off hammer, losing the lead to Dimitar. The car was slightly knocked, but was undamaged enough to keep up the pace, and I was able to close up a little. Fine, no problem, second place and apply some pressure I thought, but then I went off again in the same place in the same way, this time causing a little more in the way of damage. This now let Erling past, and I had some fun chasing him for a few laps, even making my way alongside into turn 1 for an overtake at one point, but I was unhappy with it as I felt it was a little too much of a block pass and involved me just pushing Erling too wide in the braking zone, so I let him back through thinking it was all good fun anyway thumbup1.

I then properly threw it off the road, again in the fast stuff out the back, same corner every time from memory. This did proper damage this time, and I now had no pace at all hammer blink. Left hand corners weren't too bad, but right handers were a whole world of understeer, and all the important stuff here is right handers really......

So, 8 laps left, Matt is around 8 seconds or so behind, this could get worse in a hurry.....Had to concentrate really hard not to loose any more time per lap than absolutely possible, and in truth the lack of laps saved me as just one more lap and Matt would have taken me for the podium for sure....

Good fun, enjoyed the challenge, shame about the numpty in the driving seat  oops

Grats to Dimitar for a well paced drive for the win, and Erling for the well earned second place.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 05:21:13 PM +0000 »

Have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Zandvoort - if you get the flow through the corners right, it can be really rewarding; get it wrong however and it's a real bitch, especially in a tricky car like this.  Thanks to Hristo for the uploaded setup.  Tried it, but found the rear end way too lively for my talents, so had to concoct something myself.

Generally a good race. Was surprised to find myself so close to Dimitar in qual, and to see Geoffers so strangely off pace.  Ok start, keeping my 3rd, although Matt was a threat through the first corners.  Tried to stay with Daz & DD, but the former seemed just too fast.  Then they suddendly had swapped places, and Daz definitely seemed slower, as I was keeping up with him initially. He gradually got quicker though (adapting to a damaged car?).  When he lost it a 2nd time, I tiptoed past, not knowing where his car was going.  Tried to catch DD, but he was extending the gap, and I then realized Daz was only 4 secs behind and that we would have to battle for 2nd.  Good fun and in very sporting fashion he gave me back the position as he mentions, after a light touch had sent me a little wide at T1.  Regrettably he then stuffed it big time coming on to the long straight; just saw him spin out of control in my mirrors.  Great for my chances for 2nd, but sadly the end of our entertaining scrap.

Soon after caught traffic with 3 battling drivers.  Not all too keen on letting me past, understandably, as it would mess up their battle.  After getting past and a few laps later, I started worrying about tyre wear and about going flat out over the 5th gear hump. Hesitated, which is probably the worst you can do in this car, and sure enough, the tail got twitchy. Couldn't hold it, spun off & kissed the barrier, but only cosmetic damage.  That put me behind some of the lapped drivers again, who were now even less inclined to letting me past. Uderstandable, and my own bloody fault for going off, but still, letting me sit in the middle of their battle for two full laps, before a small mistake let me get past, was perhaps stretching it a bit.

Grats to Dimitar for a commanding win, and for finally having shaken the curse - maybe it's attached itself to Daz now..  Wink  Grats to Daz for securing 3rd despite everything.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 06:00:54 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

Like this track, although I prefer the 67 variant due to its more bumpy surface.

Tried Hristo's setup, but wasn't mine. Also DD's Nordschleife setup was not perfect here for me, but the one I found
for Salzburgring worked pretty good - at least a bit less slow after i had adjusted my driving style a little, better
suiting to the Scirocco .

Nice one battling with Tony, Roger and Geoffers temporarily.

Registered that Tony tapped the brake on one or two places very briefly where I could let the car go.

Looking forward to Silverstone.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 10:46:06 PM +0000 »

He gradually got quicker though (adapting to a damaged car?). 

Exactly that, took a couple of laps to suss whether the damage was too bad or not to chase with, I can rarely resist trying too hard though  taz

When he lost it a 2nd time, I tiptoed past, not knowing where his car was going.

I knew you were going to come through, so was trying to not interfere and join behind you as it would have been so dangerous at that point of the track....

Good fun and in very sporting fashion he gave me back the position as he mentions, after a light touch had sent me a little wide at T1.

It felt a little too harsh a pass, and whilst I like to race hard and wheel to wheel when possible, I don't like to think I have used contact to go through. On that basis I felt it more fair to let you back through, I hope it didn't feel too big a bump in the first place.

Regrettably he then stuffed it big time coming on to the long straight; just saw him spin out of control in my mirrors.  Great for my chances for 2nd, but sadly the end of our entertaining scrap.

Very well put, I certainly did stuff it good and proper and it was off the final turn, thanks for reminding me.....Hit the car really hard on the front end and was never going to be challenging again after that. surrender

to Dimitar for a commanding win, and for finally having shaken the curse - maybe it's attached itself to Daz now..  Wink 

I like Dimitar, he seems like a thoroughly decent chap to be fair, but if I could politely refuse the curse I would be very grateful  lol

Grats to Daz for securing 3rd despite everything.

Was hard work, gave Matt far too much encouragement..... yes thumbup2
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 11:01:28 PM +0000 »

Never kick a gift horse in the gob  Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 11:44:56 PM +0000 »

Well, i hope the curse is gone now for good and not for my car only. Let's all hope it flew away at the deep space Cheesy

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 08:45:50 AM +0000 »

I should like to add to Daz's Driver's Excuse Book...

"I think that my gearbox was sub standard as it failed on the approach to Tarzan. It was pure coincidence that it happened at the same time that the engine exploded and I shifted from 5th to 1st at max speed"

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 10:29:47 AM +0000 »

Thanks for the results Kurt  thumbup1

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 04:52:18 PM +0000 »

Good fun and in very sporting fashion he gave me back the position as he mentions, after a light touch had sent me a little wide at T1.

It felt a little too harsh a pass, and whilst I like to race hard and wheel to wheel when possible, I don't like to think I have used contact to go through. On that basis I felt it more fair to let you back through, I hope it didn't feel too big a bump in the first place.

Not at all - I've had worse with no waiting..  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com