by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 11:31:15 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21VWSC Silverstone: February 15, 2021
February 15, 2021, 08:41:32 PM +0000 - Silverstone (GP 1975-86) - UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Daz9

VW Scirocco (#133) GTC-TC-76 2 +1.015
---
1 46:22.929
---
28 1:38.255
---
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
VW Scirocco (#53) GTC-TC-76 5 +1.163
---
2 +16.848
---
28 1:39.167
---
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
VW Scirocco (#320) GTC-TC-76 6 +1.805
---
3 +34.644
---
28 1:39.554
---
Goodyear  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
VW Scirocco (#4) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.110
---
4 +42.271
---
28 1:39.020
---
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
VW Scirocco (#103) GTC-TC-76 7 +2.457
---
5 +58.558
---
28 1:40.204
---
Goodyear  
AndyL

VW Scirocco (#15) GTC-TC-76 8 +2.889
---
6 +1:06.132
---
28 1:40.454
---
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
VW Scirocco (#14) GTC-TC-76 12 +5.328
---
7 +1L
---
27 1:42.275
---
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
VW Scirocco (#92) GTC-TC-76 10 +3.986
---
8 +15L 13 1:40.584
---
suspension
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
VW Scirocco (#48) GTC-TC-76 9 +3.504
---
9 +16L 12 1:41.453
---
engine
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
VW Scirocco (#328) GTC-TC-76 1 1:37.540
---
+28L 0 ---
---
suspension
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
VW Scirocco (#51) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.132
---
0 ---
---
suspension
Goodyear  
misnoimis

VW Scirocco (#81) GTC-TC-76 11 +4.060
---
0 ---
---
suspension
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup - Silverstone - Feb 15  (Read 1029 times)
AndyL

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2021, 02:10:39 PM +0000 »

I've been on track with Clive hundreds of times, but very rarely do we spend any time near each other. Here, he passed me off the line into T1, but I was back ahead after T2. Until he crashed out yards before halfway, we were no more than 2 seconds apart. I found that all the left handers were easy, but all the right handers were there to end my race. If I tried to take them with more entrance speed, then my laptimes were slower, so I was determined to go slower to be faster. This was difficult with Clive buzzing around behind. After halfway it was all quiet and I could take care to be smoother and quicker. Early on I felt I might be able to keep up with Matt and Dan who were having a battle, but when Matt got ahead he flew away for a well deserved podium. Erling was strong and consistent as he often seems to be. Congrats to Daz, who cleaned up after Ziu and Geoffers fell early.
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2021, 03:28:05 PM +0000 »

I feel the need to be honest here, and I hope Geoffers will remember this well enough from our NoGrip days.......

I really, really, really do not like FWD race cars, I have always struggled with them, and very rarely actually enjoy driving the flipping things, give me RWD every time......

In saying that, I seem to have found something that works with this car, maybe the fact that it is so nervous helps, I just don't know.

I had done 37s in practise for this, but it was cutting the chicane quite a lot to make that laptime. This did upset the car a lot, and roughly 1 in 3 would involve a visit to the fence. So, went into quali with the race setup which was proving fast and easy to catch here, with the idea of just doing laps to see what I could get with a smooth transition through the chicane and no attacking of the kerbs, to hopefully then give an incident free race. Was happily doing so, but right up until the last lap of quali was down in 5th or 6th, finally nailing a good one at the death to go 2nd. Ziu had done a banzai lap for pole, the only way I could have got anywhere near that was to have taken a really big chance on those kerbs at the chicane...

Knew if I let Ziu get away and he ran at full pace it would be difficult to stay with him, so focused on a good launch. Which in fairness I got for once, and I threw everything I had at making lap 1 as fast as possible with zero errors, which worked a treat. Then I see in my mirrors the crash happening at the chicane, and it gave me the break I needed, without the tow I felt I was going to be hard to catch unless I started throwing it away like at Zandvoort. So, kept it nice and straight, and reeled off the laps in consistent fashion to take the win.

Was a little bit of an anti climax to be honest, as when I practised here I felt the car was very well suited to the track, and it should be a proper race with a lot of cars very close. Quali looked like it would make that happen as well, but it all ended up being a little more spaced out than that. I had envisaged slipstream city here, with cars alongside each other numerous times, shame it went the other way but that's racing I guess.....
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2021, 03:45:26 PM +0000 »

Andy, you have quicker with these cars all the way through this series and I have been struggling to find any pace. I too am beginning to discover that "slow in and controlled acceleration through the apex", it's seems that my right foot hasn't read the pace notes!!

TBH I was quite surprised to sneak past Andy off the grid, as all of my previous starts in the Scirrocos have been abysmal, but normal service was resumed by T2 and that set the pattern for my race......at least as far as it went!
Yes, I confess that I was hell bent on staying with Andy and I was at my limit throughout my time on track. I did unearth a PB amongst those laps and I did stay within 2 secs of Andy (sometimes a little closer  Shocked) until ambition exceeded ability, and tyre friction, at the final chicane. I lost the rear end slightly on first turn in, thought I had caught it but my trajectory fired me over the middle element and slightly too far to the left.

The wire mesh fencing was surprisingly solid  Undecided and appeared to suffer zero ill effects, whereas my VW decelerated from max to nothing in the space of 2 metres, trashing the engine and suspension instantly.................................and Andy escaped!!!

Grats to the podium guys and all finishers.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 05:30:43 PM +0000 »

I feel the need to be honest here, and I hope Geoffers will remember this well enough from our NoGrip days.......

I really, really, really do not like FWD race cars, I have always struggled with them, and very rarely actually enjoy driving the flipping things, give me RWD every time......

No don't remember that at all, never read such a load of old flannel.  Tongue Grin
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2021, 11:03:13 PM +0000 »

See, I knew I could rely on you and your fantastic memory Geoff.....
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2021, 04:11:46 PM +0000 »

Sorry - forgot to post the result yesterday  Roll Eyes

Result

Cool

Really like the 67 and 75 layouts of Silverstone and - other than most of you - I liked the Scirocco
on this track. Really funny. OK - I was in last place early and due to a shifting mistake I eventually
slaughtered the engine ending in a burning fire, but I was half way able to keep the pace of Clive and Andy.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2021, 04:41:15 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the results Kurt thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 12:30:54 AM +0000 »

offtopic

Anyone able to successfully download a track from Altbierbude?

I just get a blank screen after clicking the track download link.

I'm able to download from Race Department Ok.

Could someone please try for me and report back here?

Thanks in advance.

offtopic

http://www.festbierbude.de/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,99/func,view/catid,43/id,4416/lang,de/#4416

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2021, 10:38:17 AM +0000 »

Thanks Dimitar, Micha pm'd me yesterday too about this. I have now modified Chrome and was able to download this morning.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com