by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 10:48:01 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21VWSC Estoril: March 08, 2021
March 08, 2021, 08:41:34 PM +0000 - Estoril (1984-94) - UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Daz9

VW Scirocco (#133) GTC-TC-76 2 +1.173
85.853mph
1 48:50.192
84.654mph
26 1:50.736
86.155mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
VW Scirocco (#51) GTC-TC-76 1 1:49.952
86.769mph
2 +6.945
84.453mph
26 1:51.377
85.659mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
VW Scirocco (#53) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.644
85.491mph
3 +44.929
83.375mph
26 1:52.411
84.871mph
Goodyear  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
VW Scirocco (#4) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.223
85.814mph
4 +1:03.313
82.863mph
26 1:51.745
85.377mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
VW Scirocco (#92) GTC-TC-76 6 +4.623
83.268mph
5 +1:31.773
82.083mph
26 1:53.781
83.849mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
VW Scirocco (#14) GTC-TC-76 7 +5.843
82.391mph
6 +1L
80.667mph
25 1:54.891
83.039mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
VW Scirocco (#320) GTC-TC-76 5 +4.546
83.324mph
7 +14L 12 1:54.491
83.329mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup - Estoril - Mar 8  (Read 775 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2020, 12:45:04 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

Track: Estoril '88 GP

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (26 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops required: NO

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 09:40:59 PM +0000 »

Geoff, I'll put good money on your car being damaged at turn 1, I just checked the replay.....

Looks like your brakes worked much better than mine, we are on them at around the same point but my car just didn't wash speed anywhere near as quick and I've gone into the back of you, very disappointed with myself for that one, massive apologies.
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 09:45:46 PM +0000 »

Sorry if someone actually loves this car, but it's such a great relief for me that it's finally over. I am around 1 year at UKGTL now and i can't remember having race like that - totally didn't care about the result and my performance. Part of this is because i had no chance for the victory to be honest. The other part is because i hate the circuit (it reminds me of the circuit i hate the mos - Catalunha) and i hate the car even more Cheesy

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 09:49:21 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 10:51:56 AM +0000 »

Race replay from my point of view: https://youtu.be/rOhWjh37Rp0

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 11:17:45 AM +0000 »

So, our first championship of 2021 ends and we have our winner

1st - Daz9  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy
2nd - Erling G-P  clap clap
3rd - Dimitar Dulichki  thumbup2

Thanks to everyone who took part  thumbup1
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 11:32:09 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 11:23:27 AM +0000 »

Geoff, I'll put good money on your car being damaged at turn 1, I just checked the replay.....

Looks like your brakes worked much better than mine, we are on them at around the same point but my car just didn't wash speed anywhere near as quick and I've gone into the back of you, very disappointed with myself for that one, massive apologies.

I fairness Daz I did brake a bit early for the first turn, because I was aware that the car was a bit liable to lose the rear there until the tyres were warm. Just repaid me for damaging your car last week. laugh

After the first few laps this race became rather tedious, I was very glad when it ended. I don't think the track really suited the car & the width of the track made it quite difficult to judge corner speed & line I thought. I think my car must have sustained some damage at T1, probably more due to the ensuing contact with Erling than the initial bump. In the race it just would not turn like it did in practice & qually, I was constantly having to wait for the front to grip mid-corner before getting on the power & then the car was wanting to understeer more than it did.

Although I do enjoy this car I was starting to get a bit tired of it, so like DD I am glad the series has finished.

Congrats to Daz on the race & championship win & to Erling & DD for race & championship podium positions.  clap clap clap
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2021, 03:50:56 PM +0000 »

And I was also looking in my mirrors at where Erling and Dimitar were in the lead up to the corner, and I thought you were being nervous of the entry by the way you were coming across to the outside line. Still annoyed I hit you though..... cursing

Bit like Jarama, Geoff had a clear advantage here in quali, although I had run 49s in practise I just could not find the pace again last night for whatever reason. I believed this would translate to the race again in all honesty, as whatever I tried in quali I just could not get into the 50s, never mind 49s. Awesome lap Geoff. thumbup1

However, we than have carnage at T1. I waited, and followed Geoffers and Dimitar, going on through on them both over the first 6 laps or so. Then picked people off as the laps ticked by, ending up in the lead with a gap to Geoffers of around 1.5 seconds. Didn't push on too hard, as I felt this was going to the hardest track on tyres so far and I wanted to save them as much as possible. I also wasn't sure what race pace Geoff would have, so was testing the water a little detective. It was status quo for quite some time really, a little bit of back and forth, but over the last few laps I pushed on a little harder and pulled the gap a touch to take the win. Pretty sure that would not have been the case if turn 1 didn't go like it did though, even if i was quicker in the race than quali.

I'll be honest, I have enjoyed these cars so much more than the Renault last year, really didn't like that at all, and the catastrophic tyre wear on it was just ridiculous at times death scared. These were all about the setup I think, and I just lucked in on getting to a quick and stable one before anyone else in the first few races, as well as not being involved in other incidents around me at times that took others out of the running. Geoffers had problems with pedals etc early on as well, and how quick he is in FWD we can all see from the last 2 races. So I have enjoyed the series, and the only reason I am glad it is finished is that Geoffers is now going too fast, so stopping there is good by me.... whistling yes lol

For the record, as far as I can remember, that's the first time I have been champion in anything online, we never ran for points on NoGrip in our standard races, so it was never counted. The only races done for points were the series that Nappe organised on there, none of which I won across the series, although I did win a number of races over the years.

Grats to all that made it to the end.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 04:25:08 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 04:43:05 PM +0000 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 08:35:13 PM +0000 »

Quite a roller coaster ride and ultimately somewhat anti climatic, this last race.  Quite liked the track and the car too, despite the challenges and frequent frustrations driving it.

For a short heady time, knocking 0.5 secs off my pb in pre-race praccy made me the fastest driver.  Come qual however, the entire alien brigade was in front of me - Geoffers with a seemingly impossible lap time.

Got a good start - for the first time in a long while, I wasn't outstarted by Matt and even got in front of Dimitar.  Then at T1 all hell broke loose - Daz hit Geoffers, knocking him into a spin. I corrected my line slightly to avoid him, but was then hit by Dimitar, who turned sharply in to avoid Daz. I was sent back towards Geoffers and couldn't avoid him, while DD & Daz collided, sending DD off into the gravel (based on careful replay analysis...).  Matt sailed past into the lead; the irony - had he outstarted me like in the last many races, he would probably have been the one to collect Geoffers and I could have been in the lead instead..  Roll Eyes

Nevertheless, having my two 2nd place competitors behind me was gift that couldn't be ignored. (Too) desperate to get past Matt & make the most of it, I went for an inside move at T1 on L2, but on the unfamiliar line, I totally missed my braking point and flew deep into the gravel.  When I had recovered, everyone had gone past.  Several more errors dropped me even further back.  Gained a couple of places when first Tony & then Clive went off.  Dimitar not far up ahead, but moving away.  Caught Matt again and had better luck getting past; he may have left the door wide open on purpose - thanks if that was the case.

Dimitar was still stretching the gap, so things looked glum for the Championship 2nd place.  Gap was up to 9 secs, but then I found him recovering and now just about 3 secs ahead - maybe there was still hope after all?  He increased the gap slowly, but then a massive dust cloud at T1 signaled he had gone off proper.  Sorry about that DD; not the way I had hoped to claim the 2nd place.  Gap was now 18-19 secs, with 7 laps to go, so unless I screwed up, he wouldn't catch me before the finish, which is how things went down.

Grats to Daz on the win and again for the Championship, grats to Geoffers on 2nd, and to Dimitar for 3rd in the Championship
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com