by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 09:18:35 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21ATC Symmons Plains: January 06, 2021
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 Australian Touring Cars - Symmons Plains - Jan 6  (Read 966 times)
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 10:51:14 AM +0000 »

I also tapped Dimitar , though I waited for that one. I seemed to be able to brake a lot later than most
not skill, just I had the car set up for stable braking.

I am not sure it is all your fault here Matt. I started braking too early because i was unsure of the cars ability to brake with 100 liters. Cheesy After i saw how late you were able to brake, i changed my braking and started to do it later.

I was so stupid to start a big Windows update just 1 hour before the race. It finishes around 20:30 and there was another trap - i was unable to start the game. I tried everything but nothing helped. Finally i decided to take a look at the config file and for some reason the resolution was decreased to 640x480.

I was able to start the game now but unable to make it on windowed mode.

So i had to start at Race session and this was the reason to drive  a little bit more careful.

I was lucky in the first laps as there were incident and after a while i was now in P3.

Unfortunately we collided with Matt as mentioned above and this was the end of our hopes for a good finish position.

At the end i was surprised how fast the car was going with so many liters on it. I Made 1:02.4 which was great lap.

Congrats to Coyote, Geoffers and Ziu on win and podiums. Smiley

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 01:51:32 PM +0000 »

No worries Matt; probably made my race more interesting - not that I'm requesting being bumped off in future races...  Wink

Was about to suggest that making cars handling so atrociously, should be a capital offence - where's Ralph Nader when you need him, but actually throwing the Falcon around, with plenty of opposite lock, was quite good fun  Smiley

Got a decent start, retaining my 3rd place, but all changed 100 meters later, when Matt's knock sent me into the back of Geoffers, and spun me round.  Thankfully Geoff wasn't as affected as I thought at the time, but I rejoined dead last.  Had fun making my way through the field, gaining places too when others went off - or were 'helped' off..  Hadn't noticed Geoffers going off, so wasn't aware how long he chased me until I saw the replay - didn't think I had faster drivers behind me and thus completely focused on the cars ahead.  Eventually his presense was noticed, as he inched closer lap by lap.  Culminated as I reeled in and passed Ziu (not often I get to say that  Smiley, but in all honesty, I believe my car had a clear advantage on the straights). Geoffers went off and I didn't see him again.

At this point I was in 2nd, some 14 secs behind Hristo. While the gap dropped a little over the following laps, he seemed destined for a sure win, only to run out of fuel and thus gifting me the win.  Behind me, the gap dropped a sec; from 10 to 9, and the the pit board stopped showing the gap for the remainder of the race - just when I needed it the most!  Had to keep pushing then, and during the final 5 laps, the handling was becoming 'interesting' to say the least.

Grats to Geoffers & Ziu on the podiums, and commiserations to Hristo, Clive and anyone else meeting misfortune.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 04:06:48 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

Not able to setup the Torana to a stable behaviour, but it looks like that doesn't matter anymore  Tongue

Thanks Tony for the links - eventually it worked  thumbup1

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 04:12:49 PM +0000 »

Result

Cool

Not able to setup the Torana to a stable behaviour, but it looks like that doesn't matter anymore  Tongue

Thanks Tony for the links - eventually it worked  thumbup1
Thanks for the results Kurt.  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 04:14:31 PM +0000 »

At least a video with some historic stuff and memories about 1972:

https://www.shannons.com.au/club/video/shannons-legends-of-motorsport/1972-bathurst-episode-3-series-2-shannons-legends-of-motorsport/

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 04:16:13 PM +0000 »

Link sends me to a site called "Safe Money"  Huh

Used a protected browser to finally connect to the site hosting a great video
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 04:18:21 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 04:32:37 PM +0000 »

Another one on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo29K9zrscs

I really love all this historic stuff!

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: