Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 12:15:17 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Hockenheim - Dual Server: October 26, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Hockenheim - Dual Server Test 2 - 26th October 2006  (Read 13313 times)
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2006, 04:08:44 PM +0100 »

Welcome Martin.

There's no bad choices as long as you are consistent, probably the best advice is to stick with the car you've spent the most time with  Smiley

It doesn't matter if you are slow as long as you are safe and predictable.

Legends Racing simracing team
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 04:18:13 PM +0100 »

hi all I'm new on here (sure a lot type that)
going to join you lot tonight if thats ok, i'm not fast but consistant I hope.
any sugestions on a good car to start with don't want to come on with a bad choice and have either to  fast a car and cause problems for anyone or be to slow (or slower)
cheers Martin

It might be better to start with a NGT car. They care slower and maybe a bit more predictable.
exteg martin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 05:40:07 PM +0100 »

thanks
been driving the bmw seems to go where I want it to,
 well most of the time anyhow

Martin
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 05:40:54 PM +0100 »

Welcome Martin. The M3 is probably a good choice, I find it much easier to drive than the 360 & 911.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 08:26:59 PM +0100 »

Splitting headache, so no race for me tonight.  Sad Had a quick look in the lobby, could see both servers.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 08:38:45 PM +0100 »

Having some connection issues(my end) but I'll keep trying till it's too late :'(

Adam Parle
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2006, 09:24:39 PM +0100 »

cursing censored taz 2guns gun_bandana hammer nono thumbdown

What a load of rubbish - everyone dissapeared halfway round the pace lap, so I lost a couple of positions with not knowing what speed to go.  Everything came back a few corners from the start/finish, and I hadn't even gotten over the bloody line and it went again.  Did 6 laps (for practice more than anything) and then thought "sod it".

When oh when are they going to sort out this heap of (add your own expletive) online code?!?!?!?
james

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 09:41:45 PM +0100 »

well it all went wrong on the first lap  :'(

sorry Hotpants I didn't no I was rolling forward my fault very sorry  Embarrassed

I think that track has something against me something always goes wrong when I race here !!!!!!!!!

NoSpeed

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 09:48:08 PM +0100 »

Well first gratz podium

This really sucked !!! My qual times didnt show up, did a 1:40:8 but started last, and it seemed that no one could see me writing in chat either... and when i climbed in field in the race it didnt update there aswell, finished after Priberio (if its right spelled)  so i guessed that was 11th in whole field. but it showed last hehehehe unbeliveble !!!

So to the server, it worked quite good, just in last laps there seemed to be small laggs just as in race @ dubai. (think u are pushing the limits on server...lol) just my thought

[R24-7]Bazza

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 09:49:07 PM +0100 »

i must hold my hand up and say big sorry to M Steinetz and LeH sorry guys!!!  :'(

i outbraked myself twice and tapped the pair of you n seperate occasions into small spins, im very sorry, i tried to let you back in front and did to one of you but i think the 2nd one got caught up behind a corvette

my car was great on the brakes but i guess sometimes i thought it was better.....sorry again  :'(

well done to NGT's i had no probs with anybody....just LeH and M Steinetz had a prob with me locking up..... Roll Eyes

grats to podium
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 10:13:05 PM +0100 by [R24-7]Bazza » Logged

INTERESTINGLY I HAVENT WROTE ANTHING INTERESTING HERE....
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 09:50:25 PM +0100 »

They need to bring out a patch for this bug ridden pile of haddock eggs. The network jitter is not good. How can you race close to each other when cars are just j-j-j-j-ittering. The cars are almost blurry with the jitter, it's really hard to judge where they are. Everything looks smooth and my frame rate is high yet the cars just hard to explain but it's almost like you've never got total focus on them. There's just this tiny tiny jitter. Invisible cars too. Came up to pass Gerald and all I could see was his name tag.

The multiplayer in this is worse than GTR1 and that's a fact.

Server was ok in the lobby this time, could see both and had no problems joining. Ignoring the tiny jitter thing no big lag issues that i could see apart from possible Loctus and Demonic Dan who took each other out on lap 1 in front of me. Very strange passing place and it was almost like lag, but I guess they can tell that one better if it was.

Took the MC-12 and got within a second of the F550s. They were so damned quick in a straight line it wasn't funny. Through the stadium section I was a second quicker than the F550s I came up against but the rest of track forget it. Wave bye bye as the rocket ship Ferrari just sailed off into the distance. Then the stadium section and i would be held up badly again as my Maserati was way faster in the twisty stuff.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2006, 09:51:24 PM +0100 »

Good race - thanks to the drivers who let me past - good driving and considerate.
Finding some consistency now,which is good, but was way too far off the pace of the rest of the GT guys.

Did motice one thing though, i disconnected midway through Qualifying (isp prob i think), but just before i disconnected, i experienced judders and jumping frame rates - as soon as 'Lost Connection' appeared at the top of the screen, the frame rate flew back up to 68/70 - smooth as hell.

LuKe#69

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2006, 09:56:57 PM +0100 »

Congrats podium!!!
Well really good race for me,qualified 1st and was 1st all way through the race until another RSR passed me when I overbraked on one of the corners and then I think he got taken out on final laps,not sure what happened.
Really happy to get first win Grin hopefully not the last Wink ,did my best to get out the way of the GTs,hope I didnt get in anybodys way  Shocked ,very hairy moment at the sharpest hairpin when 3 GTs went past me along the straight and right in front of me took each other out,it was abit  Undecided  Huh  Shocked   :'( puuu just got through.
Sorry about the formation lap,was warming up the tyres and fu... cat jumped on my lap and scratched the f.... out of me  Angry ,didnt spin but had a little trip through the grass.Hope that doesnt influence my final position  angel PLEASE  Grin hehehe

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2006, 09:57:13 PM +0100 »

I equalled my PB in qually, but still only 6th place. But it's good to see cars infront.

The race started messy, with a car spinning in the formation lap. What is the rule about spinning in formation lap and regaining position?

The rest was good. The first half there was alot of position swapping. At some point LeH spun due to a 550, but I couldn't avoid hitting the 550. My aero was damaged which costed me half a second per lap, and the rear lights of the 550 were gone. That almost caused an accident as I couldn't see him brake 2 corners ;ater.

I only had some cars warping, no big lag or anything.

I had some FPS, sometime my FPS went into double digits instead of triple Grin
longskater1969

Lick My Eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2006, 10:00:38 PM +0100 »

Many thanks to Simracing.org.uk sorry to b-atch about the weather i should of said please but as you said it does not matter how much i b-atch about conditions the server run very well for me to night no lag no warp no nothing apart from some crazy pepole swerving on formation lap which then caused a Constantina effect and many pepole had to slam on there brakes after the person involved put his foot down to catch up to the front but apart from that the server was well sweet

Tongue
well done again guys many thanks for the race keep up the good work

Lick My Swollen Eyes

28CD : http://www.28cd.co.uk
www.r-a-t-s.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com