The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:21:46 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7WTCR19 Aragón: December 03, 2020
December 03, 2020, 09:05:22 PM +0000 - Aragón (GP) - RRE Season 7 (2020) WTCR 2019
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Glenn Richardson

Honda Civic TCR TCR 1 +2:07.889
---
1 21:24.227
---
10 0 2:07.499
---
Yokohama  
picnic
 Team Shark
Honda Civic TCR TCR 7 +2:15.095
---
2 +35.296
---
10 0 2:10.510
---
Yokohama  
BiriBiri

Lada Vesta WTCC WTCC 3 +2:10.631
---
3 +36.222
---
10 0 2:09.833
---
Yokohama  
azaris

Honda Civic TCR TCR 4 +2:10.824
---
4 +37.042
---
10 0 2:10.527
---
Yokohama  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
VW Golf TCR TCR 5 +2:11.691
---
5 +42.897
---
10 0 2:10.802
---
Yokohama  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lynk & Co 03 TCR TCR 2 +2:08.267
---
6 +49.524
---
10 0 2:07.812
---
Goodyear  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Hyundai i30 N TCR TCR 6 +2:13.955
---
7 +1:08.532
---
10 0 2:12.552
---
Yokohama  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Hyundai i30 N TCR TCR
---
8 +2L
---
8 0 2:29.214
---
Yokohama  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Lynk & Co 03 TCR TCR
---
9 +5L
---
5 0 2:07.329
---
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
TCR
2:07.889
---
Glenn Richardson
Qualifying
Honda Civic TCRDecember 03, 2020, 09:05:22 PM +0000
E7WTCR19
Race Room Experience
TCR
2:07.329
---
frex
Race
Lynk & Co 03 TCRDecember 03, 2020, 09:05:22 PM +0000
E7WTCR19
Race Room Experience
WTCC
2:10.631
---
BiriBiri
Qualifying
Lada Vesta WTCCDecember 03, 2020, 09:05:22 PM +0000
E7WTCR19
Race Room Experience
WTCC
2:09.833
---
BiriBiri
Race
Lada Vesta WTCCDecember 03, 2020, 09:05:22 PM +0000
E7WTCR19
December 03, 2020, 09:15:22 PM +0000 - Aragón (GP) - RRE Season 7 (2020) WTCR 2019
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Glenn Richardson

Honda Civic TCR TCR 1 +2:07.889
---
1 21:28.960
---
10 0 2:07.369
---
Yokohama  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lynk & Co 03 TCR TCR 2 +2:08.267
---
2 +1.038
---
10 0 2:07.492
---
Goodyear  
azaris

Honda Civic TCR TCR 4 +2:10.824
---
3 +30.920
---
10 0 2:10.263
---
Yokohama  
picnic
 Team Shark
Honda Civic TCR TCR 7 +2:15.095
---
4 +39.203
---
10 0 2:09.616
---
Yokohama  
BiriBiri

Lada Vesta WTCC WTCC 3 +2:10.631
---
5 +1:14.179
---
10 0 2:10.885
---
Yokohama  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Hyundai i30 N TCR TCR
---
6 +1L
---
9 0 2:30.265
---
Yokohama  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Lynk & Co 03 TCR TCR
---
7 +10L
---
0 0 ---
---
Goodyear  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Hyundai i30 N TCR TCR 6 +2:13.955
---
8 0 0 ---
---
unknown
Yokohama  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
VW Golf TCR TCR 5 +2:11.691
---
9 +7L 3 0 2:10.278
---
unknown
Yokohama  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
TCR
2:07.889
---
Glenn Richardson
Qualifying
Honda Civic TCRDecember 03, 2020, 09:15:22 PM +0000
E7WTCR19
Race Room Experience
WTCC
2:10.631
---
BiriBiri
Qualifying
Lada Vesta WTCCDecember 03, 2020, 09:15:22 PM +0000
E7WTCR19
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room WTCR 2019 - Aragón - Dec 3  (Read 867 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: December 02, 2020, 09:31:12 PM +0000 »

Password: see above

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 (30 mins)
Qual: 20:15  (10 mins)
Race1: 20:25 (~20mins)

Top 10 reverse grid

Race2: ~20:45 (~20mins)

Cars allowed: WTCR 2019 + TC Cup
Track: Aragon
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Example Setups:

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:15:45 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 11:32:42 AM +0000 »

Server is set for the correct cars but wrong track?  Huh

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 01:31:51 PM +0000 »

Hmm, yep, But I can't find it in the list. busy now, I will try to sort it later

Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 09:23:54 AM +0000 »

Really enjoyed the racing last night. In race 1 I managed to get an early gap on cold tyres and brakes but then Geoff started to take the odd tenth out of me here and there, as the race went on I began to slowly increase the gap again but then something happened to Geoff and he fell down the order. Well done Pete and Birger, seemed like a tight battle was going on for the podium.

Race 2 was very similar to Salzburgring and could have gone either way - great battle with Geoff all race. I got a good start and benefitted from a few cars getting stuck behind Frex's stranded car slotting in behind Toni who also had a good start. After passing Toni (apologies for the side tap as I ran wide on corner exit) I set off after Geoff. Once I got within the slipstream I was able to close right up but couldn't pass as we were so evenly matched. My Honda was a little stronger through sector 1 but Geoff's Lynk & Co was really strong through sector 2 but eventually a good exit onto the back straight gave me the inside line for the hairpin. I wasn't able to get into a rhythm and drive qualifying laps as I had done in race 1 as Geoff would close through sector 2 causing me to be under pressure through sector 3. We battled for the rest of the race and on the last lap Geoff got a great run onto the straight, fortunately I'd had a couple of extra tenths in hand this lap compared with previous laps so I decided not to cover the inside in the braking zone. Geoff went full send down the inside but I knew he was going to do well to pull the car up by the apex so resisted the urge to cover the inside and was able to hook the Honda back inside and lead back to the flag. Great race Geoff and well done Toni on the podium.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 09:26:36 AM +0000 »

Was really tired last night and was not really up for this so it was a pleasant surprise to end up 2nd in race 1. No idea what happened to Geoff but I saw Dieter's car parked to the side of the track for the last half or so of the race.

Matt had great technique in the 2nd race. I was trying to get a run on him down the start straight and was right up his boot lid when at the very last minute he dinked to the side and I piled in to the back of Dieter's stationary car on the grid. I thought that must be race over but the car was still drivable with what I think was essentially only aero damage. Why did you stop half way through Matt?

Either way I was lucky to get the results I did with others having problems etc. As always super pace from those out front, Glenn & Geoff. Amazing.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 09:49:29 AM +0000 »

I got a good start and benefitted from a few cars getting stuck behind Frex's stranded car

and I piled in to the back of Dieter's stationary car on the grid.

Aw crap, sorry all. Something came up and I had to bail out of the first race a bit sharpish, so just parked at the side of the track. It did not occur top me that my car would be put onto the grid for the second race (actually I had completely forgotten about there being a second race). I should have quit out of the game completely of course, big apology for the obvious chaos caused.
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 10:17:06 AM +0000 »

This circuit produced better racing than I expected for a COTA clone in a Spanish desert  . Lots of fast corners, blind corners, and slow corners leading to loooong straights where you lose tons of time if you fumble the corner exit.

Race 1 was eventful. After a solid start, I was challenged for P3 by frex who got past as I made a mistake. This was followed by me going wide at T12, allowing both Pete and Birger to get past. I spent the remaining laps trying to pressure Birger, but the Lada was pretty quick out of corners so I couldn't get a run on him. My only overtaking opportunity was at the hairpin, but I didn't want to risk it because I was likely just going to punt him.

Race 2 was a bit weird. I soon found myself alone in P3 wondering what happened to everyone behind me. I figured frex's stranded car had something to do with it seeing how I almost got caught by it on lap 2 myself. After the race, I watched the replay and laughed out loud when I saw Matt's perfectly executed accidental trap on poor Pete.  laugh

Congrats Glenn for a dominant championship run. I Am Not Worthy
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 10:47:19 AM +0000 »

What Pete said. I had a great time in both races, had never turned a wheel here until practice last night, so got gradually quicker
throughout the sessions. I parked up in race 2 because I had brake balance issues all the time. In race one I tried a pass on Toni
into the final hairpin, and the back wobbled and I bumped Toni, Sorry for that, I though I had adjusted to correct but in race 2
approaching T1 the back jumped out and I spun into the fence killing the engine  taz

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 12:02:48 PM +0000 »

An interesting and satisfying night’s racing, exceeded my expectations! Grin Couldn’t get a qualifying lap in but decided to at least start the race, had a few terrible laps more time off the track than on it. Gradually sussed out a few corners and by end of the race I knew where most of the corners were. Luckily I was on the inside of the grid so I accelerated keeping to the left and everyone passed me before T1. After that I gradually braked later into each corner and by the last few laps I had achieved my limit on line and braking and acceleration. I completed 1 more lap in race 2 than race 1!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 01:06:20 PM +0000 »

Another fun couple of races in the Tourers, but once again did not quite have the pace of Glenn & the Honda.

Race 1, got away well but as usual forgot about the cold brakes & tyres & slightly overshot a couple of corner entries & Glenn was already 1.5s ahead before we had completed half a lap. Tried hard to close the gap but Glenn was just too quick & the gap kept extending by a few tenths a lap. Then disaster struck, hit one of the molehills at T3, now usually they just jolt the car & throw it off line but I must have just caught it wrong & it threw the car into the air & rolled it Shocked. Most of the field went by before I had extracted myself from the air fence, so trailed home in 6th.

With an advantageous grid position for race 2 I hoped to build a gap before Glenn got near the front, unfortunately he was up to 2nd on lap 1 & quickly closed down my 2s advantage. After following me for 3 or 4 laps he got a good run onto the long straight, I could have defended but being a bit 'old skool' it is not my way, & Glenn was better on the brakes & went by into the hairpin. I thought he would pull away but I managed to hang on with help from the slipstream & a couple of times got close to a pass at the hairpin but could not get it done. Last lap I was not close enough at the end of the straight & although Glenn thought I was attempting a pass, I actually missed my braking point & was seriously worried about T-boning his car. Having said that I did for an instant think I might accidentally pull off a pass, but then the wheels locked & it was game over.

Congrats to Glenn on two more masterful wins & to Pete, Birger & Toni on the podiums.  clap clap clap
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 01:24:47 PM +0000 »

I know these cars can handle differently, but is there a "faster" car? my testing suggests they are much the same.
I should be using a Honda or Peugeot, or Toyota/Subaru, But I sort of like the VW

azaris

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2020, 01:47:52 PM +0000 »

They're pretty balanced both irl and on R3E because of the BoP. Every make won at least one race in 2019.

I would guess Lynk & Co, Hyundai and Honda are fastest overall.

Still waiting for the 2020 cars while it's still 2020...  sleep1
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2020, 02:26:18 PM +0000 »

Had a good last quali lap (P3 didn't expect to be faster than Toni)

Race 1: Not that good of a start but maintained P3 in the first corners, until i hit the inside bolder-kerb at T3. Almost flipped the car but stayed on track (not like Geoffer a few laps later). Therefore Toni overtook me and at the exit of T4 Frex and Martin where also alongside me. I backed of and attached my car at the back of the train. Mid-race Geoffer, Frex, Martin and Toni made a mistake so i was back P3 behind Pete. Than did some amazing laps was pretty close to Pete but came indeed also under pressure from Toni.

Well done Pete and Birger, seemed like a tight battle was going on for the podium.

We where indeed close but never had an overtake opportunity (was really driving my max after 1/2 laps decided just to follow my shepherd  Grin)

I spent the remaining laps trying to pressure Birger, but the Lada was pretty quick out of corners so I couldn't get a run on him. My only overtaking opportunity was at the hairpin, but I didn't want to risk it because I was likely just going to punt him.

Especially last lap, last hairpin was tight according to my radar. But i think you where never next to me in the braking zone towards the hairpin.
Changed the rear wing to almost flat, to benefit from the looooong straight  Grin

Race 2 was horrible, bad start followed by just avoiding frex. Me happy because i gained a lot of place's with a bad start. But a second later i found myself inside Stephen  Grin Tongue. I knew this will not go well in T1 and indeed and some moment the collision system was again activated  Shocked and both myself and SRW where shot towards the run off of T1. STephen had more difficulties to regain on track than myself, i hooked on the train of Martin and Pete.

Again bad decision  Grin 1 lap later a blue car doomed up between Martin and Pete and Pete and myself crashed full on frex. Suspension 0% Engine 80%, thought it was over but after 1 lap i managed to adept my driving style. And nursed the car home towards P5 due to other retirements.

So race 1, wauw what a race. race 2  Lips Sealed

Congrats again to Glenn, only Imola to go Grin     (same like F1 2020: 1 winner but still excitement in the race) (also disappointed for Stoffel for next weekend Angry but Russel deserved it also)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2020, 03:05:18 PM +0000 »

I know these cars can handle differently, but is there a "faster" car? my testing suggests they are much the same.
I should be using a Honda or Peugeot, or Toyota/Subaru, But I sort of like the VW

I think there is very little difference in performance but some cars work better on different tracks. When RaceRoom ran the BTCC series earlier in the year some cars were given extra weight to even out the performance. The Alfa was the only one not to receive any extra, the Lynk & Co got 5kg, can't remember the others, but some got as much as 20kg I seem to recall.
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2020, 03:38:33 PM +0000 »

As Toni says the cars are well balanced irl and in game (the in game cars are all based on the same physics changed to fit each car's characteristics). The BOP does change from time to time, back when RaceRoom ran the British touring car challenge the Audi and Lynk & Co were the cars to have. I think they have the BOP better sorted now as any car can be competitive and it tends to boil down to personal preference.

It could be differing driving styles but I've noticed Geoff's Lynk & Co seems very punchy out of corners whereas my Honda seems to brake and rotate well on corner entry.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com