by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 05:41:27 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21BSCC Brands Hatch: October 06, 2021
October 06, 2021, 09:27:48 PM +0100 - Brands Hatch (GP) - UKGTL Season 21 1964 British Saloon Car Champ.
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Falcon Sprint 351 (#41) GTC-65 1 1:50.702
82.081mph
1 23 1:51.293
81.646mph
Goodyear  
Hristo Itchov
 Turbo Racing
Jaguar MkII (#7) TC-65 D2 2 +1.564
80.938mph
2 23 1:52.249
80.950mph
Dunlop  
Daz9

Lotus Cortina (#904) TC-65 D2 3 +1.880
80.711mph
3 23 1:52.516
80.758mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Alfa Romeo Giulia Super (#15128) TC-65 D2 6 +4.345
78.981mph
4 +1L 22 1:55.093
78.950mph
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus Cortina (#955) TC-65 D2 4 +2.412
80.331mph
5 22 1:52.820
80.541mph
Dunlop  
Christian Dauger
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Jaguar MkII (#9) TC-65 D2 7 +5.630
78.109mph
6 22 1:56.424
78.047mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Alfa Romeo Giulia Super (#15128) TC-65 D2 8 +5.735
78.039mph
7 22 1:55.560
78.631mph
Pirelli  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Jaguar MkII (#71) TC-65 D2 9 +6.165
77.751mph
8 22 1:57.077
77.612mph
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Austin Mini Cooper 1275S (#592) TC-65 D2 5 +3.821
79.343mph
9 22 1:56.197
78.200mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Jaguar MkII (#81) TC-65 D2 12 +9.716
75.459mph
10 22 1:57.719
77.189mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Anglia Super (#73) TC-65 D2 11 +7.900
76.614mph
11 22 1:57.694
77.205mph
Dunlop  
philippe GIRARD
 Equipe BGB
Lotus Cortina (#961) TC-65 D2 10 +7.189
77.076mph
12 +2L 21 1:58.364
76.768mph
Dunlop  
AndyL

Jaguar MkII (#9) TC-65 D2 13 +9.746
75.440mph
13 21 2:01.125
75.018mph
Dunlop  
Robby82

Jaguar MkII (#9) TC-65 D2 14 +15.958
71.740mph
14 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 1964 British Saloon Car Champ. - Brands Hatch - Oct 6  (Read 1328 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2021, 11:52:26 AM +0100 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Car/Track download available by pm to WT

International Guards Trophy Meeting - The Slip Molyslip Trophy
All Classes

Track: Brands Hatch GP

Car restrictions: Drivers are limited to a maximum number of drives per Class. For more information please click HERE

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins) Drivers must not leave qualifying to change car make.
Race: 20:40 (25 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2021, 11:55:05 AM +0100 »

IMPORTANT

Please go here for results https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=27282#event16382

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2021, 12:18:19 PM +0100 »

@ Robby

Unfortunately the results do not include you. But I have given you the points in the Championship table anyway.

seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2021, 12:18:21 PM +0100 »

Results: after my stop and go (lap 4 or 5 ?) I happily did my laps somewhere between Dimi and Clive so that would make my position 10th.  The shown 5th is Matt’s after a solid drive in the Alfa.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2021, 12:30:29 PM +0100 »

Results: after my stop and go (lap 4 or 5 ?) I happily did my laps somewhere between Dimi and Clive so that would make my position 10th.  The shown 5th is Matt’s after a solid drive in the Alfa.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll review the replay this pm and adjust any error's accordingly.

BTW I did an amazing job of screwing up the results last night. All my fault so sorry for the confusion and delay.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2021, 12:47:38 PM +0100 »

Surprised to be the only Falcon, not least given the large turnout.  Preferred driving it here, instead of in the final rounds at Oulton, so stuck with it.

Don't know if the scoring system is a reflection of the real one, but find it a major and demotivating factor that only class position counts, and not the overall position in the race, as we've had before in other series.  Seems also that there's a lot of potential for overlapping scores between drivers - I believe I'm tied with Hristo now in Class D, and neither of us have any drives left in that class.

Race was not the greatest challenge, given the Falcon's massive straight line advantage - the question would be if Daz and / or Geoffers, who weren't far behind in the beginning, perhaps would get a second chance once my tyres were shredded enough.  As it turned out, I could punch a big enough hole over the first half, and had the gap mostly holding in the 2nd.  Most interesting bits were trying to lap slower cars without too much intrusion into their respective battles - hope I succeded reasonably with that.  Was fun though to drift the big barge through the corners, and required a lot of self control not to overdo it and lose the tyres even faster!

Grats to Hristo & Daz on their podiums.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2021, 12:49:12 PM +0100 »

A birthday win for Erling, many grats indeed!

Indeed it was - thanks!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2021, 12:50:52 PM +0100 »

I am pretty sure Matt passed me just before the finish line (or so I wrongly thought), so he should be 4th.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2021, 01:01:22 PM +0100 »

Don't know if the scoring system is a reflection of the real one, but find it a major and demotivating factor that only class position counts, and not the overall position in the race, as we've had before in other series.
It's close. Real world scoring in 1964 had points thus: 1st = 8 points, 2nd = 6 points, 3rd = 4 points and 4th received 2 points. They also had 1 point for fastest lap in each class at each race. This scoring system started in 1961 and went up to the 1970's (I have not been able to establish yet exactly when it changed).
Our closest scoring system is 10,8,6,4,3,2,1 so that is what I have used.
When the series was created we did not have the mechanics in place to award fastest lap points but now we do.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2021, 01:05:27 PM +0100 »

I am pretty sure Matt passed me just before the finish line (or so I wrongly thought), so he should be 4th.

I can confirm that as I watched it.

Matt 4
Geoff 5
Christian 6
me 7
DD 8

Robby left about half distance

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2021, 01:16:07 PM +0100 »

Results now corrected (I hope  Embarrassed )

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2021, 01:34:23 PM +0100 »

Don't know if the scoring system is a reflection of the real one, but find it a major and demotivating factor that only class position counts, and not the overall position in the race, as we've had before in other series.
It's close. Real world scoring in 1964 had points thus: 1st = 8 points, 2nd = 6 points, 3rd = 4 points and 4th received 2 points. They also had 1 point for fastest lap in each class at each race. This scoring system started in 1961 and went up to the 1970's (I have not been able to establish yet exactly when it changed).
Our closest scoring system is 10,8,6,4,3,2,1 so that is what I have used.
When the series was created we did not have the mechanics in place to award fastest lap points but now we do.

I think what Erling is trying to point to is that we're rewarded class points for the overall standings, instead of treating the whole race result as its own. In other words, it means people in different positions get the same amount of points, because they're in different classes, and the overall standings are being ignored.

As for my race, I did the best I could in the Jaguar, setting a personal best in qualifying. Could have gone 2 tenths faster if it wasn't for traffic, but it was only natural, given the large turnout for this race (great to see!).

I knew that there was no chance to fight with Erling, so my only option was to take bigger risks after the start and hope to get in front of him. Unfortunately I braked a bit too late for T2 and tapped him from behind, sending him into a slow spin. I thought he wouldn't recover it, so when I saw him spin out of view to the right, I slowed down to wait for him. Little did I know Daz hit him and "helped" him recover quickly, so by the time I realized what has happened, I was down to 6 or something, narrowly staying in front of Dimitar.

From there on it was all about pushing as hard as possible and recovering the positions. I was just catching up to Geoffers and Daz, when both had a moment in 2 consecutive corners, so I was suddenly up to 2nd. Erling was already more than 10 seconds ahead by that time and no matter what I did, he was pulling away by about 1 second per lap.

I knew tyres were going to be an issue and with the Cortina being so easy on its tyres, it was going to be tough keeping Geoffers and Daz behind. As expected, Daz caught up with me and when I had a small off at the last corner, he was through into 2nd place. I did my best to close in on him, but sometimes it's so difficult to judge the difference in car size and weight, so we had a moment in T1, after which I waited for him and we resumed our battle.

We exchanged positions 1-2 times more, but then it was his turn to misjudge a braking point going into T4. Funnily (for me) the Jag is so heavy, that it barely felt the hit, while the poor Cortina spun around despite being the offender.  Grin

All this allowed Geoffers to move up to 3rd and now it was his turn to threaten my 2nd place, by going quicker and catching up. Fortunately for me Daz had other ideas and both of them battling allowed me to escape further in front, and eventually secure 2nd after they lost a massive amount of time waiting for each other due to contacts (and other shenanigans, from what I saw on DD's live stream replay analysis  Cheesy ).

Grats to Erling on a well deserved victory - you were out of our league in this race! Grats to Daz for bringing it home in 3rd and commiserations to Geoffers for mistakenly ending his race 1 lap too soon!

I hope we'll continue getting such a big turnout in future races as well. I wonder if this was because of the track and cars, or just a coincidence that everyone was available to race this week.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2021, 03:07:56 PM +0100 »

I think what Erling is trying to point to is that we're rewarded class points for the overall standings, instead of treating the whole race result as its own. In other words, it means people in different positions get the same amount of points, because they're in different classes, and the overall standings are being ignored.
I fully understood what Erling was saying, thank you.

This is how it went back in the day, and yes, drivers did tie for positions. In fact overall positions in a race were not considered, just class by class positions. I have still not been able to discover exactly when this changed.

Next year we will be running the 1965 BSCC (but on Monday night's). I will introduce fastest laps in class bonus points, but the scoring will remain the same.

EDIT: Class groups ended in 1991.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 03:22:08 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2021, 03:18:37 PM +0100 »

Amazing fight with Kurt mostly and a short one with Matt. The other part was me fighting the car trying somehow to stay with Cris. Smiley

Grats to the podium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zne8Fx0-5Uo

You can take a look on the final standings on the video.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2021, 03:41:43 PM +0100 »

Happy Birthday Erling and grats on the win and welcome to Mnsr Gerard

I do enjoy these multi-class races, but in hindsight maybe opting for the Anglia was a step too far. Ironically it was a toss up between the Anglia and the Falcon in my head, but I had 2 drives left in the Mini/Anglia class.
Dan's pace in the Mini was 4 secs faster than I could squeeze out of the Dagenham dustbin, but as he pointed out in chat at least we were guaranteed 1st and 2nd in class.

My early laps were great fun as I harassed a couple of Jags along with a Cortina and an Alfa. They were battling and slowing each other enough that I could stay with them, being quicker in the corners but losing out on the straights. In some places I was so much quicker that I will claim they were holding me up !! But in reality any of those cars would have passed me on the next straight lol.
I was having a blast ( for the first time in a long while with my steering etc now sorted) until I made my 2 big errors that dashed any hopes of staying with that group of cars.
Both were gearchange related as  went from 4th to 1st twice in one lap!!!  apologies to anyone who was behind and was forced to avoid a tyre smoking Anglia spinning across the track.
The final laps were a great battle with Tony and his Jag with a chance of pinching his place until a small error allowed him to get a few seconds ahead.

I hope that I was not a hinderance to those who lapped me and thanks again for 24 laps of fun.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com