Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 04:12:42 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S3767F1G Monza: December 06, 2020
December 06, 2020, 10:09:20 PM +0000 - Monza (Full 10km) - UKGPL Season 37 (2020) 1967 F1 Grand Prix
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) (#1967) F1 1967 1 2:17.939
---
1 1:26:39.010
---
37 2:19.151
---
Firestone  
Alain Maurice

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) (#1967) F1 1967 17 2 +16.221
---
37 2:18.681
---
Goodyear  
Eric Bilodeau

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) (#1967) F1 1967 6 +2.040
---
3 +39.322
---
37 2:19.453
---
Goodyear  
Raoni Frizzo
 Team Coyote
Honda RA300 (#1967) F1 1967 5 +1.871
---
4 +1:00.367
---
37 2:19.944
---
Firestone  
Enrique Farina

Honda RA300 (#1967) F1 1967 3 +1.781
---
5 +1:37.091
---
37 2:20.821
---
Firestone  
AndyL

Ferrari 312 (1967) (#1967) F1 1967 12 +3.097
---
6 +1:55.443
---
37 2:22.108
---
Firestone  
uli
 Antipasti Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) (#1967) F1 1967 11 +3.000
---
7 +2:05.963
---
37 2:21.711
---
Firestone  
Rainier
 Black Night Racing
Ferrari 312 (1967) (#1967) F1 1967 13 +7.952
---
8 +5L
---
32 2:21.567
---
accident
Firestone  
K.Miele

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) (#1967) F1 1967 16 9 +13L
---
24 2:19.721
---
Disco
Firestone  
R_Jungle

Brabham BT24 (Repco) (#1967) F1 1967 8 +2.798
---
10 +17L
---
20 2:21.910
---
Disco
Goodyear  
MagicArsouille
 Black Night Racing
Honda RA300 (#1967) F1 1967 7 +2.611
---
11 +27L
---
10 2:22.540
---
accident
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) (#1967) F1 1967 14 +8.725
---
12 +34L
---
3 2:27.483
---
Disco
Firestone  
philippe GIRARD
 Blue Moose Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) (#1967) F1 1967 4 +1.810
---
13 +36L
---
1 2:32.061
---
accident
Firestone  
JonnyO
 Team Coyote
Honda RA300 (#1967) F1 1967 10 +2.947
---
14 +5.183
---
1 2:34.792
---
accident
Firestone  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Ferrari 312 (1967) (#1967) F1 1967 9 +2.814
---
15 +5.288
---
1 2:35.611
---
accident
Firestone  
Alain Maurice

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) (#1967) F1 1967 2 +0.506
---
DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
60fps UKGPL8

Ferrari 312 (1967) (#1967) F1 1967 15 ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

No reported incidents.

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1967
2:17.939
---
Cookie
Qualifying
Lotus 49 (Cosworth)December 06, 2020, 10:09:20 PM +0000
S3767F1G
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 37 (2020) 1967 F1 Grand Prix - Monza - Dec 6  (Read 1130 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2020, 08:51:35 PM +0000 »

Season 37 F1 Full Grand Prix – Round 10 –  Monza 10K

Just 2 races left in the season and a possible 5 way battle for the championship.

This season we are experimenting with some Grand Prix length races which we estimate should take 90 mins to complete.
This change to our normal format has required some changes to our rules and etiquette, so please read everything carefully to ensure that you understand.

Server = UKGPL_8
IP = see iGOR
Race date = Sunday 6-12-2020
Time = 20:30 UK time (21:00 GMT) RACE WILL START AT APPROX 21:00 UK LOCAL TIME
Track = Monza 10K  Link
Race length = 37 Laps (90 minutes)
Variant = 1967
60fps patch used   = 60fpsV2newmod
Damage Model = Pro
Qualifying time = 30-45 minutes
Password: see above
Replay = https://www.sendspace.com/file/l7xk11

Please check the Season 37 details regarding rules.

Drivers must complete 50% of each race to score.

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY AND BE SURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND.
QUALIFYING
During qualifying drivers are expected to drive back to the pits after each qualifying run. It is not permissible to return to the pits using the "Esc" key. If a driver crashes his car in qualifying and cannot return to the pits safely under his own power, he must not participate in the remaining qualifying period. The driver will allocated the grid slot achieved at that point.
REFUELLING
On some tracks it may not be possible to complete the full race distance on one tank of fuel. To avoid having to drive conservatively in order to save fuel, it is recommended that drivers make use of the Pit Stop patch which allows refuelling. Details are on the UKGPL web site on the Game page under the rules section.

We are using Lee Bowden's pit stop patch V 1.0 available here
http://srmz.net/index.php?s=2f2b26bfa1b153fa8e44e9fc470d61a9&app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=28268

This patch allows cars to refuel in the pits to the same level as when they started the race and does NOT allow for tyres to be changed.
 You do not have to make a pitstop and may choose to run the whole race by filling your tanks from the start.

For Season 37 we are promoting the use of TEAMSPEAK for those who wish to use it. Details can be found here
This allows drivers to speak to each other if they wish, IT IS NOT COMPULSORY.

Important!!!
RED FLAG RESTARTS
We hope that drivers will be cautious on Lap 1 and avoid any moves that might cause a crash.
However, because this is racing there might be an occasion where several cars are eliminated, or badly damaged, by an incident on lap 1 and we could be left with 4 cars that have a lonely 90 minute race ahead of them.
If the moderator decides that any such incident on Lap 1, has removed too many cars from the race, he is able to order a RESTART, and he will announce this on Teamspeak and then through GPL CHAT.
The server will be shut down and restarted. There will then be a SINGLE lap qualifying session to determine the grid placings. Drivers will be allowed a single outlap followed by ONE flying lap to set a grid time. After completing your flying lap please pull off the track and ESC to pits to keep the track clear.
A Restart will only be called ONCE for each race and will only apply to Lap 1 incidents. If there is a multi car incident on Lap 2 then tough luck!! These are long races and a certain amount of caution should be used.

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Registered drivers are  :    Car allocated
BELOW IS THE REVISED CAR ALLOCATION FOR THE FINAL 5 RACES.  PLEASE CHECK THAT YOU KNOW WHICH CAR YOU SHOULD USE.

WORKS

AndyL (FT)                            Ferrari            
uli (FT)                                 Cooper
Enrique Farina                      Honda
EvilClive (FT)                        Cooper                
fpolicardi (FT)                       Ferrari
JonnyO (FT)                          Honda
MagicArsouille (FT)                Honda
Renato Jungle                       Brabham
Fgubbels                              BRM
Raoni Frizzo (FT)                   Honda
Iestyn                                  Cooper
Eric Bilodeau (FT)                 Eagle
Markus Friedrich                   Cooper

PRIVATEER

Rainier (FT)                      
bagrupp (R1)                    
Cookie (FT)                         ALL PRIVATEERS HAVE FREE CHOICE OF CHASSIS FOR THE FINAL 5 RACES.
RBald (FT)                        
Alain Maurice                    
Daniel San                              
nono                                
Philippe Girard          

The intention is to promote close racing for the duration of the race and is based upon driver's previous performances within UKGPL.
The car allocations have been reviewed, so please check which car you should be using for the remaining 5 races.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:40:42 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
AndyL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 11:10:35 PM +0000 »

The last long race of this long season in this long year ...
That UKGPL 67 lap record at the top of this page was actually made at Monza Milano, which is about 3 seconds a lap faster than Monza 10k. I was in that race back in 2005 (along with Clive Loynes of those still active here). You may wonder how a Cooper won that race at such a fast circuit. Well, we were handicapped by pitstops for both chassis and driver skill. So a fast driver in a fast car would have multiple lengthy pitstops and a comparatively slow driver in a slow car may not have to stop at all. It kept the racing interesting to the end.

37 laps here may be interesting to the end too. Does a full fuel tank stretch that far? Maybe.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 10:04:30 AM +0000 »

For the last race of the season I was keen to challenge the drivers, so the distance is probably pushing the limits of the fuel tanks...but pit stops are available to refuel  Wink.

If you feel that your car might be thirsty, do not forget to download and install the pitstop patch in the race announcement. I would suggest that you all check how much fuel your car uses before the race, YOU DO NOT WANT TO RUN OUT OF FUEL ON THE LAST LAP  Roll Eyes

Rank   Only when I sweat
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 09:37:13 PM +0000 »

Nice end to the GP season  Angry
Philippe why the hell you stomped on the brakes when your engine popped and ended sideways locking the way just before tunnel where there isn't space for evasive moves? You had already done that at the start of Wiesbaden race collecting some drivers in the process. Why you didn't let the car slow down itself? Johnny and me couldn't avoid you cause we hadn't clear view ahead with so many cars trying to avoid you and ended stuck on the wall, oh my poor neck  Grin

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Enrique Farina

hot sauce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 11:03:22 PM +0000 »

clap clap CONGRATULATIONS JONNIE FOR THE SCHAMPIONSHIP, GREAT JOB BUDDY, I'M HAPPY FOR YOU TEAMY,
  CHEERS  I Am Not Worthy

beer and speed, I love it, but separate
AndyL

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 12:08:51 AM +0000 »

Grats to Axel on the win and Alain for 2nd coming from the back. After being 1-2 early at the last race, you made it happen this time. Sad to see Jonny an early casualty to stop his record of never finishing lower than 4th all season. Enrique needed 3rd place here to win the championship if Jonny scored no points, but the Lotus and Eagles were too fast here. Interesting to see a pitstop for fuel, but I don't think it helped. Raoni's Honda made it all the way.

I sat at the back with Dave Rainier, the respected GP lantern rouge, to let things happen early on in front. Gradually my position improved without me doing very much and then the race finished. I was very happy to see the chequered flag, because that was my goal at the start of this series and I am the only driver to have seen it in all races (although I might have been a lap or two down when it waved at times). Enrique fell a few laps short only at Solitude. I was very fortunate to be driving the Ferrari throughout. I would never have been in contention if I had to drive the Honda for five races like the rest of the final top 5. I think it is important for drivers to be able to mostly have cars that they are happy to race in, otherwise they won't keep coming back.

Congratulations to Jonny as Series Champion. Very well deserved.

I was pleased to see that the moderation status progress, that had stalled in this and other series, has now been progressed along to "completed" in many cases. Thanks to the admin team.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 08:47:34 AM +0000 »

*******CONGRATULATIONS TO JONNY FOR THE SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP *******
Going in to the last race the championship was still not decided, which kept things interesting for all.

Grats to Axel, Alain and Eric on the podium for the final race and of course to all finishers.

When we set up this series at UKGPL we had no idea that it would be so popular, so many thanks GPL Brazil and to all of you who took part and made it so successful.
I must also praise the general standard of driving, there were of course some incidents and accidents, but no major moderating to be done.

Behind the scenes at UKGPL we are working on what we do next season and there is a good chance that there will be some 90 minute races, perhaps without the car allocation system which some drivers did not like  Roll Eyes, (although it did keep the championship alive for all 10 races  Wink).

Thank you all again and we hope to see you next season for more long distance GPL fun.  thumbup2

Rank   Only when I sweat
Philippe Girard

Long live to GPL and rock n' roll

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 09:40:56 AM +0000 »

I am sincerely sorry,Fulvio
I thought I was doing the best I could after my engine exploded.  An old reflex that pushes me to brake when I should have let go. You're right, I'm really sorry Undecided
I'm not sure the translation is good

Long live rock and roll !
Lasse Albrecht

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2020, 10:11:14 AM +0000 »

*******CONGRATULATIONS TO JONNY FOR THE SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP *******Behind the scenes at UKGPL we are working on what we do next season and there is a good chance that there will be some 90 minute races, perhaps without the car allocation system which some drivers did not like  Roll Eyes, (although it did keep the championship alive for all 10 races  Wink).

To quote one driver I have talked with regarding the car allocation system: "It feels like a punishment when you are being put into the Honda for the remainder of the season just because you practice a lot in general"
I can somewhat feel him despite having never raced in the GP series before, and though it's true that as you said it did keep the championship alive, the system might need some reconsideration.
But the discussion pertaining this issue belongs in the end of season thread.
Alain Maurice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 12:21:23 PM +0000 »

****** CONGRATULATIONS TO JONNY FOR THE SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP ******[/font]

Bravo Axel for this great victory, we had a huge advantage with our cars and this time we were able to finish the race Smiley
Well done Eric for this 3rd place too.
I was afraid of an incident at the start of the race and in order not to embarrass the championship leaders I preferred to start further on the grid.

With the speed of my Eagle, I had a big advantage besides the aspiration, I had a race with a lot of fun and only went off the track once at the end.

My fuel calculation was also impeccable, no need to go back to the stand.

Well done Jonny, Enrique and Uli because you didn’t have an easy car but your talent will have made you do very well.
Other riders who were also very quick were penalized by the cars, myself, who was in Honda, could not achieve anything with them.
Perhaps for next year, leave the free choice of cars for everyone but with the obligation to drive all the cars at least once in all the championship (twice if minimum 14 races) as well as a bonus points for the cars used.
Ok for the GrandPrix 100%

Thank you to the organizers and happy holidays to all 

Thank you all Smiley
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 01:07:54 PM +0000 »

I am sincerely sorry,Fulvio
I thought I was doing the best I could after my engine exploded.  An old reflex that pushes me to brake when I should have let go. You're right, I'm really sorry Undecided
I'm not sure the translation is good
Thx Philippe, no problem, I wrote soon after the crash and I was upset, a thing that is never to be done. Better have a beer or two and let pass the night  Smiley

Grats to Johnny for the championship, a solid and fast driver that deserve the win. About cars, I had to drive the Honda for the first part, a car that I usually don't drive, but it helped me to know it better even if I couldn't push it too much, but I managed to finish all the races. In Ferrari I was a bit better, but I had a couple of unlucky crashes. I think we have already run a season with all the cars to use, but I prefer to not have to change car every race. Two cars in a season is good for me, maybe not in Honda again  Grin
Thx all as usual to mods.  clap

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2020, 02:43:41 PM +0000 »

@Fulvio

I totally agree - the GP series should represent real life as close as possible - in 1967 the driver made a contract at the beginning of a season.

In my case, I wasn't happy at all to get the 49 - and it cost me a lot of sweat and tears to learn understand this beast.
But I have never witnessed so much progress in my experience in a season driving the 67s.
I am a GT driver from my heart and the 67s allways were a too big challenge for me...

@Alain

not a good idea imo as we two lost a fun fight and you would not have disturbed the fight of the Champs at all - au contraire - you had to pass all of them in the race...
So the race became a bit boring for me and I made the only little mistake caused through wandering thoughts...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 07:09:36 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Philippe Girard

Long live to GPL and rock n' roll

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2020, 03:17:53 PM +0000 »

jonny also went out because of my behavior.I'm sorry.
 It's a good thing that my Brazilian friend became champion after all. I would have been sad that you were not champion because of me.
fulvio, again my apologies, I ruined your race and jonny's race.
I was surprised by the broken engine, I brake, I didn't think about it. Undecided

Bravo jonny'o Hit with a wet fish

Long live rock and roll !
uli

If you want finish first you have to finish first.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 04:45:55 PM +0000 »

Congratulations Axel to your sovereign victory, also to the flying eagles of Alain and Eric and especially to Johnny for the championship title! thumbup2
Even if I only was last finisher, I was happy with my race. Only one mistake when Alain overtook me before the Parabo I lost control. But also without this I would have had no chance to fight for the title on my own power.  no
The first four laps were exciting, especially the start !!!, Philipp's engine failure and Tristan's spin - avoiding, avoiding and avoiding again. After that it was a bit boring - unfortunately, I could not do more with my Cooper yesterday. Maybe things would have been different on Monza67?
Nevertheless, big compliments to you Clive, who made this exciting championship possible. I never have participated in a championship in which 4 drivers still had a chance to win the title in the last race, even if only theoretically.
So I‘m looking forward what is offered here for 2021.
I like Alain's idea. Why not try something like that?  yes
Another idea would be to go back to the old token system. But then to give the podium drivers less points for the next race (only 1 for the winner - 4 for the second - 7 for the third), similar to the LBGPL?
JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2020, 07:03:18 PM +0000 »

I could hardly believe that I would have won the championship again, I was told by the whatsapp message from my friend Farina.
  I was already on the plane returning to Brazil.
  And I would never have a grudge against my friend Girard, it was a racing accident.
   This season gave me two different sensations, first the big surprise when I saw the large number of finishers in the 90-minute races, the high level of the riders in these conditions, we did high-speed races at the concentration limit, that was very impressive. On the other hand it was devastating to my physique, my neck was getting worse with each run, the tension is causing me pain after 60 minutes is very complicated.
  But I believe that the last race did not exactly reflect a good dispute from the finalists, and just for this reason the championship fell on my lap, the other finalists were unable to reach the podium points, they couldn't try more points with bad cars in Monza 10K ,that is, luck was on my side more once, it’s the third championship I won on mod67 here at UKGPL S34, S35 and now S37. Frankly, in all of them I was not the fastest driver, I think the more than 2,000 races on line, are something that I am enjoying regularly, with so many races there is no need for training and more training, just a slap 15 minutes before each event, for those who run regularly in 6 different leagues, it has to be that way.
    In this championship some races from Andy and Uli were impressive fast, worthy of applause. And my friend Farina we were walking together and disputing point by point for millimeters. In the end the regularity of the 4 suitors was something of note.
  About the next year, maybe I can't do it with 90 minutes, but I don't want to be someone who does something out of the majority, I need to sit down with GPLBrasil's people and evaluate the year as a whole.
  We still have the mod55 to finish, and I would like to thank all the administration of the UKGPL for the work, this impressive automated website that gives comfort to the users. I would like to apologize for any mistake for Phill Thorton, always very attentive and patient!
  Having the chance to play this championship again is very important to me, as the UKGPL is without a doubt the most open and welcoming league we know and it is an honor to be here.
  Thank you all

* Congratulations to the Monza 10K podium, Cookie was an absolute emperor, marketed for showing speed previously, but with little result in races, but this time it was the guy who saw the green light and the checkered flag !!!! And I saw Alain in the podium, a true gentleman driver, that I’ve known since F1legends days, and I was very happy to see my friend Bilodeau climbing the podium in a 90-minute race, I’m sure he was electric with that!!!!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 07:07:26 PM +0000 by JonnyO » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com