The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 11:07:46 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: RACE : WTCC demo is out  (Read 13246 times)
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2006, 01:28:41 PM +0100 »

IT does feel quite a bit better doesn't it m8. Now, c'mon, demo2 with other cars, the sun shining in the sky and maybe a light rain shower and we can all get much more excited Simbin!!!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2006, 01:57:48 PM +0100 »

rFactors ETCC mod is soon to be patched... I'm totally sticking with that scooter

I do still need to try ETCC but there's V8's too (and update my list). It's well tested and known quality, also Bathurst is by far the best track I've ever seen in a Sim (including GTR2).

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2006, 03:31:25 PM +0100 »

I can't help but think they've released a very early alpha demo from a while ago. If you look in ... C:\Games\Race Demo\UIData\Menu\ inside each of those folders there are loads more screenshots of menus and stuff with more options and so on that are not in the demo, graphics options etc etc.

I will reserve judgement on it till the game is released. It may be a different beast altogether. Hopefully they'll support the DFP properly as I can't get teh FF to come alive at all like all other SImbin games in the past.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2006, 05:04:53 PM +0100 »

I think that's right Shark. On RSC people are talking of it looking very like a demo seen at E3 ages ago. Seems slightly, I dunno, naive? arrogant? Whatever, it's a shot in their own foot!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Paul Cowan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2006, 03:00:16 PM +0000 »

Those incorrect kerbs are a big put off for me. Paddock also has a bug in the surface on nearing the apex as well.
EdamSpeed
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006, 03:26:25 PM +0000 »

I'm sorry for what follows, as I usually try to hold off on complaing, but..

That is the *WORST* Brands Hatch I've ever tried in a sim. Sorry, but anyone who's ever driven Brands Hatch for real will be totally at lost at sea. Admittedly, some of the corners at the back of the circuit aren't bad, but really, what were Simbin on when they came up with the elevation changes on the S/F straight and Paddock Hill / Hailwood's ?

In the game version of Brands, the camber of the road is flat until you get to the exit of the pitlane. Wrong. Then the camber goes to about 45 degrees as you turn in - very wrong! In reality it's kinda the other way round. Then, the whole thing flattens out as you near the apex, then dips down, then straightens out, then dips down again, then you reach the bottom. Huh? There's no second dip in reality! And the run up to Druids is short and flat, which is total nonsense.

I really hope my suspicions are confirmed that this is a very early pre-release, and hopefully they'll do a better Brands for the full release. Normally I don't gripe about the trackside objects either, but why the hell is Hailwood's restaurant up at the top of a hill to the left of Paddock?! It should be down at the bottom..

Angry

Ok, sorry. Rant over. I can't drive these cars in their current state at that sorry excuse for a track. The default set ups are hilarious - hard wet rears and slick fronts for the Seat? I nearly spilled my coffee Cheesy Toe in is all screwed up too.

I tried very hard not to sound like all those whiners at RSC, but this time they have a point. Quite why Eidos released this is beyond my comprehension - it's far more likely to put people off buying the full version, rather than tempting them to buy it. Hopefully it's a very old beta of the game, and Eidos just released it by mistake, and hopefully the full game will be tons better.

I have to say though, that some of the graphics are rather nice. The UI has potential, but has certain things lacking - like sliders...
1p

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2006, 07:44:44 PM +0000 »

Just tied demo for first time and at first thought it was a bit poo but after half hour or so it was starting to grow on me. Think it seems a bit slow cause of being used 2 gtr but they should have included AI cause i h8 timetrials Angry
Paddy Cummins

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2006, 05:16:33 PM +0000 »

I downloaded the demo today and installed it but cannot run it. When I double-click the desktop icon, this comes up:

"No DirectX 9.0 (Shader Model 2.0) video adapters found. Your video adapter doesn't meet minimum system requirements"

Could someone help me out here please?
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2006, 05:17:48 PM +0000 »

I downloaded the demo today and installed it but cannot run it. When I double-click the desktop icon, this comes up:

"No DirectX 9.0 (Shader Model 2.0) video adapters found. Your video adapter doesn't meet minimum system requirements"

Could someone help me out here please?

What is your graphics card? RACE only supports direct X 9, while GTR, GTR2, GTL and rF support direct X 7,8 and 9.
Paddy Cummins

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2006, 05:42:12 PM +0000 »

My graphics card is a RADEON 9000 afaik. It says the adapter is a GIGABYTE MAYA RADEON 9000 PRO in the control panel>display>settings>advanced>adapter .

Maybe I don't have DirectX9. How do I check what DirectX I have?
Woodee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2006, 05:47:09 PM +0000 »

My graphics card is a RADEON 9000 afaik. It says the adapter is a GIGABYTE MAYA RADEON 9000 PRO in the control panel>display>settings>advanced>adapter .

Maybe I don't have DirectX9. How do I check what DirectX I have?

goto start menu, run then type "dxdiag" then press ok... the box that comes up should tell ya

Paddy Cummins

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2006, 05:53:24 PM +0000 »

Thanks Woodee. Under "system" and beside "DirectX Version" is has: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904).

So if that is DirectX version 9 then I wonder what that prompt is all about. Maybe it has something to do with the "shader model".
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2006, 06:20:07 PM +0000 »

Thanks Woodee. Under "system" and beside "DirectX Version" is has: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904).

So if that is DirectX version 9 then I wonder what that prompt is all about. Maybe it has something to do with the "shader model".

Older cards don't support direct X 9, and you have one of those older cards I'm afraid. If I remember correctly my old Radeon 9800 pro only supported direct X 8.
Paddy Cummins

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2006, 06:24:52 PM +0000 »

So the only way the game would be compatible is if I get a newer graphics card?

If so, that's a shame  Sad
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2006, 07:58:02 PM +0000 »

To see what version of DX your card supports in hardware, start DXDIAG as described above, go to the Display tab, and check what DDI Version it says on the right. At least I assume that's the same thing - my laptop (which is quite new) says 9 but my server says 7 (it's old now).

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com