by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 08:50:47 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21VWSC Nürburgring: February 01, 2021
February 01, 2021, 08:41:37 PM +0000 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Daz9

VW Scirocco (#133) GTC-TC-76 2 +1.390
96.389mph
1 44:50.541
94.827mph
5 8:51.872
95.939mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
VW Scirocco (#53) GTC-TC-76 3 +9.888
94.866mph
2 +16.944
94.234mph
5 8:55.365
95.313mph
Goodyear  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
VW Scirocco (#4) GTC-TC-76 1 8:47.999
96.643mph
3 +40.095
93.435mph
5 8:49.279
96.409mph
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
VW Scirocco (#48) GTC-TC-76 7 +20.076
93.103mph
4 +1:26.668
91.868mph
5 9:03.075
93.960mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
VW Scirocco (#233) GTC-TC-76 5 +3:50.763
87.337mph
5 9:32.225
89.174mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
VW Scirocco (#14) GTC-TC-76 6 +3:55.800
87.186mph
5 9:30.655
89.419mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
VW Scirocco (#320) GTC-TC-76 4 +10.000
94.847mph
7 +1L 4 8:54.899
95.396mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
VW Scirocco (#51) GTC-TC-76 5 +11.826
94.526mph
8 +2L 3 8:57.025
95.019mph
unknown
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
VW Scirocco (#103) GTC-TC-76 6 +19.976
93.120mph
+5L 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
AndyL

VW Scirocco (#15) GTC-TC-76 8 +27.476
91.863mph
0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
VW Scirocco (#92) GTC-TC-76 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 VW Scirocco Cup - Nürburgring - Feb 1  (Read 937 times)
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2021, 12:31:18 PM +0000 »

Amazing event even though i am disappointed with the mistakes i made.

We had great battle with Daz which started at the qualifying that i was able to win with just 1 second and with new PB.

Everything went wrong for me at the start where i lost the lead. After that i chased Daz and we had similar pace but unfortunately a step on the grass while turning made my car upset and i lost control of it.

Until the end of the lap second mistake appeared and i knew it will be miracle to catch Daz now.

I started pushing like hell and making risks and i was going really fast.

When i was behind Coyote in P3 i knew i had to overtake him ASAP because i was losing time to Daz. I was too aggressive and i apologies to him for the overtake, stopping so late and making almost an accident there.

After that Daz made a mistake and i needed around 30 seconds to understand i am at P1 now Cheesy

At the beginning of Lap 5 he was just 3 seconds behind and i was ready for tough battle for the win. But everything went totally wrong for me at the beginning of the lap. I step a little bit deep on one of the kerbs and that made my car fly and lend on its roof.

This was game over for the win but i was lucky to continue in P4. Unfortunately Matt made a mistake and at the end i finish in P3.

Congrats to Daz and Coyote and thank to everyone for the great emotions.

Race replay with camera and commentary: https://youtu.be/MRVZ5RHTyz4

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 01:02:49 PM +0000 »

Great vid, Dimitar. Posted it over at evolution-modding.net

Accidentally I watched your quali-lap yesterday and especially the jump at "Pflanzgarten 2" was crucial  Cheesy Grin

"Oh my god"

Smiley

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2021, 01:11:59 PM +0000 »

It turns out "Oh my God" is my favorite sentence Cheesy

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

AndyL

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2021, 04:40:26 PM +0000 »

Bad luck Andy, I think Dan was disco'd at the same time.

I lost connection too. But mine was between the tyres and the tarmac  Undecided

Looking at the replay, Dan went off track and slid off the edge of Nurbyworld. He escaped to the pits for a while. Exactly when he exited the server was when I suffered the disco. There's a glitch at that time on the replay, easily seen when rewinding from 500 to 495 in any car. Maybe this is how mass disco's happen. One car inadvertently triggers a glitch and one or more cars lose their connection too. Shame, I was looking forward to finishing 5th here  Grin
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2021, 04:53:50 PM +0000 »

Glad I could finish here although it was a lonely race after Andy's sudden departure during lap one.
Some mistakes in laps two & three but two new PB's in lap four & five  Smiley
Thanks Dimitar for the setup.

Really like to pass on track all the places I often visited as a spectator years ago Wink.

Today Nordschleife is no longer really interesting for me as over the years the track was more and
more adjusted to modern cars (GT3 etc.). IMO the cars have to be adjusted to the track!
For example in the past there was a small bump on the "Breidscheid Bridge" which was a really
demanding detail (especially for older racecars) and which was levelled about ten years ago
(unfortunately this bump is not there on the different track version of the Nordschleife for GTL)
as the jump at "Flugplatz" was.

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 05:05:57 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the results Kurt  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2021, 06:34:41 PM +0000 »

A great race for me.  New pb in qual landed 3rd on the grid, only just!   Outstarted by Matt and surprised by his pace on L1; I frankly couldn't keep up.  Geoffers close behind, but midway through the lap, Dan got past him, which had me worried.  He went off (the edge of the world..) before he could become a threat, unfortunately.  Later passed an overturned Dimitar, putting me in 3rd again.  Early on L2, I found Matt stranded in a ditch, elevating me to 2nd. 

Geoffers vanished around Flugplatz I believe, leaving me all alone and in my own thoughts.  Thus unprepared for Dimitar suddenly catching up. His driving had me worried he would try a kamikaze overtake in a place where it really wasn't possible.  Completely threw my lines, making me bump over curbs, slowing him even more than I already did. Should have let him pass, but then we are racing...  Cool   I thought his eventual overtake at the end of the lap was rather elegant, so no apologies needed for that (and yes, I did have higher tyre pressure, if you used the setup you uploaded   Wink)

Matt had inched closer under my shenanigans with Dimitar, and despite pushing as hard as I dared, he was a shadow I couldn't shake - in fact his car was growing in my mirrors. Saw him go off and thought it would buy me a breather, but seemingly worked as a shortcut, since he got even closer!  Passed a stranded Dimitar early on the final lap, and later Matt went off & retired. Great shame that a great chase should end that way  Undecided

In Dimitar's video, you can see the strange phenomenon I reported earlier:  While he's stationary, with engine off, his left front tyre keeps getting hotter, and tyre wear continues to grow.  Seems a lot of the retirements were due to cars getting stuck in the ground - a glitch of the track, or perhaps in combo with this car?

Dimitar, if you make the change I suggested last week, you won't have to exit to save the replay - the new one will just get a new timestamp in the name and the old one is kept.  You do get a lot of replays with it, as every session produces one with a unique timestamp in the name, including the hotlap, if you make one. They don't take up much space though, and you can always delete those you don't want to keep.
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2021, 06:56:42 PM +0000 »

Dimitar, if you make the change I suggested last week, you won't have to exit to save the replay - the new one will just get a new timestamp in the name and the old one is kept.  You do get a lot of replays with it, as every session produces one with a unique timestamp in the name, including the hotlap, if you make one. They don't take up much space though, and you can always delete those you don't want to keep.

Actually i did the change and it works perfect, but i totally forgot about that Cheesy

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2021, 07:10:28 PM +0000 »

Actually i did the change and it works perfect, but i totally forgot about that Cheesy

Old habbits..   Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com