Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 09:08:57 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Ballast pack test: October 29, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Dual server plus ballast pack final test - 29 Oct - Donington GP  (Read 20609 times)
RS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2006, 02:42:20 PM +0000 »

Contrary to popular belief you do NOT need a clutch pedal to NOT use auto clutch..... Rich_A taught me this a few years ago and I have never looked back, it adds a whole new dimension to driving matching revs on on downshifts, all you have to do is blip the throttle the right amount at the right time

Whilst many agree/disagree, it does makes driving more difficult and less arcady, yes you should lift on up shifts but if it's not going to blow why bother, no auto clutchers lift there foot. Whilst the purists will say well thats not realistic then maybe they might want to consider TC...

Most people use auto clutch because it is easy or they do not understand how not to use it

Each to there own, but everyone should try it, otherwise their opinions don't mean that much.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2006, 02:48:00 PM +0000 »

Contrary to popular belief you do NOT need a clutch pedal to NOT use auto clutch..... Rich_A taught me this a few years ago and I have never looked back, it adds a whole new dimension to driving matching revs on on downshifts, all you have to do is blip the throttle the right amount at the right time

Whilst many agree/disagree, it does makes driving more difficult and less arcady, yes you should lift on up shifts but if it's not going to blow why bother, no auto clutchers lift there foot. Whilst the purists will say well thats not realistic then maybe they might want to consider TC...

Most people use auto clutch because it is easy or they do not understand how not to use it

Each to there own, but everyone should try it, otherwise their opinions don't mean that much.

thumbup2 spot on
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2006, 03:07:33 PM +0000 »

Is that your own racing Porker in your avatar Perdy?...very nice shot either way.  Cool

yeah, cheers mate......on the grid at silverstone! i'm sure it weren't that dark tho  Cheesy

EdamSpeed
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2006, 03:09:54 PM +0000 »

Great race at Silverstone, Andy - you kicked arse in race 1. What did happen in race 2?

sorry for hijack Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2006, 03:32:16 PM +0000 »

yeah, cheers mate......on the grid at silverstone! i'm sure it weren't that dark tho  Cheesy

Very cool, nice to know we have some genuine real racers on here competing  Cool Look forward to racing you on track (the sim one unfortunately  Embarrassed Roll Eyes )...unless i win the lottery  Wink

D'oh, didnt realise you were the Porsche cup guy! Watched every round possible on Motors TV but didnt make the name connection Embarrassed

How do you find the comparison with real and sim ?

....and yes i am a Porsche fanboy !  Tongue
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 03:37:02 PM +0000 by Mark Jonzo » Logged

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2006, 03:40:09 PM +0000 »

And any good Porsche setup tips that translate to the virtual world?  Wink I Am Not Worthy

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2006, 03:40:40 PM +0000 »

Great race at Silverstone, Andy - you kicked arse in race 1. What did happen in race 2?

sorry for hijack Wink

thanks! i hated that national circuit in testing but it did make for fun racing, its onlu 1.3miles long!

yeah sunday was a disaster, crap start and then got punted off !!! the guy got 2 points for it but tbh the race wasn't going well anyway, the tyres went off on sat so softened it up a bit for sunday, and get didn't adjust to the change quick enough!

Very cool, nice to know we have some genuine real racers on here competing  Cool Look forward to racing you on track (the sim one unfortunately  Embarrassed Roll Eyes )...unless i win the lottery  Wink

cheers mark! raced a bit already with you but have no real pace yet in the sim, even tho i've done lots of GTR/GTL. No excuses!

And any good Porsche setup tips that translate to the virtual world?  Wink I Am Not Worthy

LOL, i'm still learning myself on real world setup! on the cup cars only roll-bars, ride height, and usual wheel geometry can be adjusted. The dampers are fixed, non-adjustable, so its keeps close racing.

....but for race setup we have been running softer roll bars to maintain tyre life, and recently put more toe-out on the front wheels for good turn in! most setup tips apply and from reading posts many sim racers know more about setup (what effects wot etc) more than me!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 03:47:53 PM +0000 by perdy450 » Logged

EdamSpeed
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2006, 03:46:35 PM +0000 »

Very cool, nice to know we have some genuine real racers on here competing

There are a few, yes Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2006, 03:57:45 PM +0000 »

Nice one Perdy, i'm amazed you can get the buzz from a sim when you do it for real ! ....though i think us petrol head types would race a wheelbarrow if it had numbers on the side  Smiley

So Mr Edam, do i take it your another person i should be envious of ?...spill the cheese beans old boy

EdamSpeed
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2006, 04:01:02 PM +0000 »

You should indeed be far more envious of Andy P, as he gets to race scary bouncing Porkers Smiley

Me, I'm just a humble (and broke) clubby racer.
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2006, 04:07:58 PM +0000 »

well the sim is so hard to be good at! the comparison tho is hard to make, the next step is for someone to make a (affordable) chair with hydrallics or something to help create the geforces! all i can say is for GTR2 all of the usual good driving tips.... eg. smooth inputs and BALLS apply.

wot club racing you do edam?

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2006, 04:09:40 PM +0000 »

So Mr Edam, do i take it your another person i should be envious of ?...spill the cheese beans old boy

Showing that you really can race any heap of doodoos and enjoy doing it...
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1439.msg20473#msg20473
 thumbup2

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2006, 04:12:04 PM +0000 »

Is TC an option on srou RS ?

As for the value of everyones opinion, well....................................................................... enough said.  Wink

I misunderstood exploit, as I thought it was meant that I cheated the game to go faster. But I think you meant it is just benificial.

No never implied you were cheating bud, and I certainly wouldnt imply you were on the public forum.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 04:14:31 PM +0000 by greg130 » Logged

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
purdie
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2006, 04:26:27 PM +0000 »

Showing that you really can race any heap of doodoos and enjoy doing it...
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1439.msg20473#msg20473
 thumbup2

i have a friend who raced in GT's (and won the British GT) and did this! i dont think he even made top 10, he said it was unbelievably hard! so well done for 4th mate!

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2006, 04:28:56 PM +0000 »

Would everyone please keep their toys firmly in their prams, thank you. It's hard enough to move with all the prams. laugh

Everyone is entitled to their opinions as long as they remember that mine are always right. angel

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com