Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 02:59:04 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can i rent a GTR2 Server  (Read 2775 times)
longskater1969

Lick My Eyes

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2006, 07:20:04 PM +0000 »

Grin hi guys do any off you know where i can rent a gtr 2 server i have look everywhere i Can think of but still no luck
If some one out there has a server box or some thing like that i would like to rent server space from you please feel free to pm me
many thanks Demonic Dan

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Lick My Swollen Eyes

28CD : http://www.28cd.co.uk
www.r-a-t-s.co.uk
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 08:05:51 PM +0000 »

If you mean a server that only does GTR2 I can't help you but all the games rental companies around these parts do whole servers where you can install your own games and run any you like. That's what we do. Currently the server is rented from Jolt but these guys wind me up too often for me to recommend them. We used to be with 4u-servers and probably would have stayed with them if their offering hadn't suddenly changed to a dual-core CPU. We wanted a faster single core to get the larger GTL grids.

A google for dedicated server rental will get you loads of results.

Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 12:56:29 PM +0000 »

You will not find anyone who rents a GTR2 server.  This is because the game developers left out the ability to run GTR2 automatically as a service, thus requiring a user to connect to the server via the remote desktop and interactively launch the game from the GUI.  So you are looking to spend on order of $60 to $150 per month (US Dollars) for a dedicated server with Windows 2K3.  If you get the server in the right kind of location from a supplier who has a low latency network then it would be suitable for installing GTR2 on it and using that as your game server.

[This space for rent]
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 12:58:10 PM +0000 »

Although,  I have heard through the grape vine that this problem will be addressed in the first GTR2 patch - not that it matters for me anymore  Angry

[This space for rent]
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 01:32:13 PM +0000 »

Although,  I have heard through the grape vine that this problem will be addressed in the first GTR2 patch - not that it matters for me anymore  Angry

The funny thing about grape vines is that it's amazing how many times the grapes just fall off and rot on the floor.  Wink Shocked

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 02:46:58 PM +0000 »

indeed, indeed.

[This space for rent]
Pages: [1]
  Print