Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 02:42:37 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice Servers and Ballast Pack 2.1  (Read 4200 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2006, 06:56:43 PM +0000 »

There are two practice servers up and running at the mo, one for GTs and the other (unsurprisingly) NGTs. Usual practice password. Please would people try them so no one ends up in a panic tomorrow night just before the race

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 07:02:27 PM +0000 »

Cheers Pete, excellent work as usual!

Something I'd not noticed before is that if you leave a server it gets shuffled to the top of the list in the lobby screen. No wonder I can never find anything on that screen! Cheesy

To finish first, first you must have fins.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 07:08:06 PM +0000 »

GTR1 did this too most of the time Tongue

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 07:18:55 PM +0000 »

Shows how much notice I pay!

I've noticed one mistake - the GT3 Cup is for some reason classed as a GT. Not sure how that happened but since we're not running G3 cars in the championship and nobody in their right mind will take a GT3 Cup to a GT event it should be pretty safe to leave it there until the refresh. Cheesy

Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 01:28:47 AM +0000 »

Another mistake, the cars pop up under the 'normal' single makes (no not meaning the UKGTR one Cheesy)

For the rest it's looking great so far
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 01:30:30 AM +0000 by Jimmie » Logged
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 09:18:52 AM +0000 »

Another mistake, the cars pop up under the 'normal' single makes (no not meaning the UKGTR one Cheesy)

That's not a mistake; as explained in the skinning thread, by design the skinned but unballasted versions as submitted appear among the 'normal' game cars.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:35:51 AM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

tarec
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 09:31:06 AM +0000 »

hi, i try the server yesterday evening and everything is working fine, nice cars in the carpack , congratulations to all.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 11:04:00 AM +0000 »

Thanks Picnic. Did some testing on the NGT server yesterday, looked good and some great skins.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 01:18:50 PM +0000 »

That's not a mistake; as explained in the skinning thread, by design the skinned but unballasted versions as submitted appear among the 'normal' game cars.

If I select Ferrari 360 for example everything is double? So 4 'cars' Ferrari 360 GTC, Ferrari 360 GTC (+30kg), Ferrari 360 Modena and Ferrari 360 Modena (+10kg)

You can't tell me that's not a mistake Tongue (the unballasted versions do appear in the right category as well, so that does work)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 01:22:16 PM +0000 »

If I select Ferrari 360 for example everything is double? So 4 'cars' Ferrari 360 GTC, Ferrari 360 GTC (+30kg), Ferrari 360 Modena and Ferrari 360 Modena (+10kg)

You can't tell me that's not a mistake Tongue (the unballasted versions do appear in the right category as well, so that does work)

You must have some sort of "full" class which I don't have then! You should only be able to see the ballasted GTC in the UKGTR classes, and the unballasted one in all the 'normal' game classes. You should never be able to see both at once. Ditto the Modena. If you can see both ballasted and unballasted (or all four at once) I'd like to know where, because the ballasted cars don't have any classes in common with the standard cars, and it's class which the game uses to filter the selections.

CeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 01:39:38 PM +0000 »

Adctually Dave it looks like there are redundant carfiles in the carpack for the UKGTR skins.
I'd assume there should only be a UKGTR_xxx.car file but for the custom skins (all of them) there's also a normal unballasted carfile.
Example, the UKGTR990001T Nissan there a 990001T.car file that shouldnt really be there.
Those files content is pretty similar to the original car with respect to car classes filters, so they do show up when you select the Official Class in the game.

Dunno if this makes any sense, hard to explain heh
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 01:58:20 PM +0000 »

Adctually Dave it looks like there are redundant carfiles in the carpack for the UKGTR skins.
I'd assume there should only be a UKGTR_xxx.car file but for the custom skins (all of them) there's also a normal unballasted carfile.
Example, the UKGTR990001T Nissan there a 990001T.car file that shouldnt really be there.
Those files content is pretty similar to the original car with respect to car classes filters, so they do show up when you select the Official Class in the game.

Dunno if this makes any sense, hard to explain heh

Yes, I know all that. In fact it's what I just said. Tongue

CeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 03:24:07 PM +0000 »

lol ok, gotta learn to read and focus what is says at the same time Cheesy
Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 04:06:57 PM +0000 »

You must have some sort of "full" class which I don't have then! You should only be able to see the ballasted GTC in the UKGTR classes, and the unballasted one in all the 'normal' game classes. You should never be able to see both at once. Ditto the Modena. If you can see both ballasted and unballasted (or all four at once) I'd like to know where, because the ballasted cars don't have any classes in common with the standard cars, and it's class which the game uses to filter the selections.

Well I go to Open Practise, at the CAR selection I choose Single Makes with Ferrari 360 for example

Then I go to selection:

It might be happening due GTR2 threatening classes as Wildcars, since the UKGTR_F360 class would match in that case.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 04:50:52 PM +0000 »

It might be happening due GTR2 threatening classes as Wildcars, since the UKGTR_F360 class would match in that case.

You're absolutely right. I only added those classes a couple of days before release so that's why I didn't notice them. Even more annoying is that I specifically and deliberately chose to use the same codes with a prefix. Roll Eyes Easy enough to fix when we do the refresh.

I've also managed to fix the GT3 Cup - but I don't really understand why the fix works. I reordered the classifications into alphanumeric order, which seems to do the trick, but I don't understand why the Viper CC and Z3M were correctly classified before but not the GT3 Cup.

If only any of this stuff was documented! Roll Eyes laugh

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com