The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 05:57:30 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A16 Euro-Ring: December 09, 2020
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 16 - Euro-Ring - Dec 9 - Legends series fun event  (Read 998 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2020, 06:10:35 PM +0000 »

Slightly short notice but this lets me check I can set up the 2nd race correctly for next years' DTM championship..

This will be a double header at the Euro-Ring in Hungary driving the Excellent Legends mod.
Taken directly from the download page:

Quick guide:
- 590kg (with driver)
- Space frame chassis
- 150++ hp
- 0 - 100 km/h 4 seconds. max speed ~200 km/h
- Drive before touching the setups.
- The rear differential is spooled 100% locked so the car refuses to turn without gas, so brake before the corner and apply gas while turning.
- Available setups: front toe & camber, spring load, ride height, final gear, brake balance, tire pressure.

There are a lot of notes on the download page - I recommend reading them to get the best from these cars.
If popular enough I'll use then for a second fun race next week too, and consider how to make a championship out of them for future use...

Track: Euroring, Hungary
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/euro-ring-hungary.31516/

Password: see above

Practice: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  (15 laps x 2 races)

Cars allowed:
Legends series
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/legends-cars-mod.30281/

Live Timing: here

Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Mid-clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 80%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:18:30 AM +0000 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 03:15:58 PM +0000 »

I've quickly thrown a video together - the AI are useless sorry, but make for a lot of dust and excitement!
There's also a mildly warm lap on the stock setup to give you a better idea.
These are great fun so I recommend given them a go!

https://youtu.be/A9FS5ywa3A0
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 07:44:03 AM +0000 »

Cool. I will install these cars and track, although there is a very big chance I won't be able to race. I have to remove my rig and install it somewhere else and I am not sure yet how that will pan out. Probably will have to skip the final SRO race too... Sad

School is important, but race cars are importanter
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 10:29:45 AM +0000 »

I hope the FOV in that video is why that looks so quick, I couldn't drive an F1 car that fast. TBH it's put me off even having a go  Embarrassed

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 11:31:07 AM +0000 »

Yeah, I'm having to run the openVR settings in AC now. The monitor output is very fisheye like for some reason, even with some mild editing it still looks too fast.
The cars run out of gears at about 110mph so too fast isn't something you need to worry about Cheesy
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 11:47:03 AM +0000 »

Oh, I might cope with 110  Roll Eyes Thanks for the explanation.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 07:20:17 PM +0000 »

Should be able to do this week.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 07:16:42 PM +0000 »

I think that track is not suitable for anything and I got almost same feeling about the "car"...have fun mates.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 08:16:43 PM +0000 »

Its just karting track with too many corners! And the car isnt much fun to drive for me. Shame when there are so cars that dont get used as stock. 

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 12:17:53 AM +0000 »

I like this car, very fun to drive. When you put a motorbike engine inside a handcrafted tubular frame, you get something like that, with a sequential gearbox included. They usually have no reverse gear, but luckily there was in this mod.

I don't like the track instead, too narrow.

I was quite out of pace and despite Tim having waited for me many times I never managed to stay with him. I made also a lot of mistakes. Probably only in the middle of Race 1 I did some decent laps and we did a bit of battle. Certainly there was no lack of drifting. Grin
I was too tired for Race 2 and I did even worse (despite my PB here). Too many corners!

I have unwittingly tried to kill Tim on several occasions, but luckily we survived without ever touching each other (except for a little push in braking).

I still got an excellent result, getting on the podium in both races. Roll Eyes

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 11:12:37 AM +0000 »

Well, results and server worked as planned - just gutted these got such a poor turn out.
The Legends series is famous across Europe and America for close, fun, cheap racing, and this Mod is a near perfect recreation of that (Or at least of the Scandinavian series the mod team had access to) Sad

Thanks to those who did turn up as it allowed me to check I had double headers fully understood on the server when done without any reversed grids.
Personally I loved the car, it was a hoot to throw around - but maybe I miss-judged the track choice a bit given these cars have a welded diff.

They run out of gears at 115mph so long circuit racing isn't much fun in them as the main straights inevitably end on the limiter, I picked EuroRing as it has some absolutely cracking technical sectors and is slow enough that gearing is not an issue.
Aside from Fabri, no-one did any pre-race practice though so I'm not really surprised people didn't get on with the track if they hadn't had time to figure out where they were going or how to drive the cars.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 11:47:33 AM +0000 »

I'm grateful to Frex for joining the server, gave me someone to race in the first one. These things are tricky to drive for a numpty like me and, although I didn't do any pre-race practice, there is no way I'll get with 2 seconds of your pace Tim Sad Might shave 0.5 secs of what I did in the second race but to do this I'm generally out of control so each quick lap comes at the cost of 1 or 2 laps with offs Sad By the time we got to the second race Frex had his eye in and quickly made a gap so I wimped out  Roll Eyes

Not tried the DTM cars yet but I have a feeling that pace differential will be as bad or worse Sad

KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 11:53:24 AM +0000 »

Aside from Fabri, no-one did any pre-race practice though so I'm not really surprised people didn't get on with the track if they hadn't had time to figure out where they were going or how to drive the cars.

Actually I did, 5 laps maybe, I hated track & car so much so i decide to stop before get any timed lap.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 12:01:23 PM +0000 »

Not tried the DTM cars yet but I have a feeling that pace differential will be as bad or worse Sad

To get an idea of that you'll need to either drive the BMW offline, or create a custom championship with the series BoP penalties applied.
The M3 is un-BoP'd, the other cars will all be varying degrees of faster if you drive the stock versions Smiley
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2020, 04:49:10 PM +0000 »

Sorry Tim, didn't spot this one, still I have no time to practice even for SRO DRM these days.

Is that great smoke/dirt effect due to Custom Shaders at 1'08 in your vid ? Looks great !! I really need to get into all that stuff very soon, though I'm a tad afraid by the complexity of it.

Also known as "Solmyr"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com