Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 12:19:10 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: What should we do with the GT2?  (Voting closed: November 02, 2006, 08:23:44 PM +0000)
Ban it until the pack is refreshed - 43 (89.6%)
Allow it and live with swarms of GT2s - 5 (10.4%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Urgent - 993 GT2 in NGT poll  (Read 5532 times)
petestenning

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 07:14:08 AM +0000 »

As in my league the GT2 and the Corvette are moved from their respetive classes in an effort to even the cars out, so my vote went with the majority for removal.

Pete
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 07:30:41 AM +0000 »

Will have to figure out how to do a poll to ban Ruskus, hes way to fast too....(only joking Ruskus mate)   Wink

Please don't start a poll for that, I'm afraid the outcome will unanimously (sp?) be "YES".

Your description with the yellow line is hilarious lol
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 08:06:05 AM +0000 »

Sry, I voted to get rid of it.
For those that can drive it, it would seem it's in another class.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 09:48:03 AM +0000 »

So what if we picked a car that was fast on the straight, its a pig everywhere else!

Well how do you explain it being ~1.5s a lap quicker at Valencia - a fairly twisty track - than anything else? If it's so horrible to drive, why did half a dozen pick it?

WE MADE A MISTAKE. We know it, you know it, heck, you're on the moderators' forums, you should know better than most! Undecided I've already yielded up one free car change, which is one more than I originally intended. The GT2 clearly has an unfair advantage, and I'm not going to pander to the minority of drivers who took it, presumably knowingly exploiting a mistake in the classifications/ballast, to the detriment of everyone else.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Oliver Bateson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 01:30:13 PM +0000 »

I have not tested this car and would not have picked it for a race, but I voted to ban it as it would appear to have an advantage.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 06:48:28 PM +0000 »

I like how everything has gone all crazy post-race, it means we all care laugh

Bottom line; are we all glad the season has started and we can finally enjoy some racing with GTR2?

Well said Paul, hopefully we can get on with enjoying the racing now.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 11:30:37 PM +0000 »

Well there's no much doubting the results of the poll so tomorrow I will perform some keyhole surgery on the server to prevent anyone joining with a 993 GT2. I am also going to increase the number of free car changes from 1 to 2 for everybody in NGT Sprint.

Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 11:41:58 PM +0000 »

Just remove them to a temporary folder and the server will say: 'car not on server' or something like that, should give the hint to the drivers Tongue
longskater1969

Lick My Eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 06:10:16 PM +0000 »

when the ballast pack came out i tested all ngt cars and found that the gt2 was quickest but it was very slow in the corners everyone had the same chance to test all cars if you wish to ban it dose this mean that the next car that stands out will be banned as well .also have the gt cars been checked as i have lost my race in ngt and i do not want to loose my GT cars .you guys came up with the ballast pack the m3 is totally out of sink to the rest of the class to much ballast that was my car we have a great skin for it but when it is slower that the vertigo thats a joke so i looked at my options and the gt2 was the best bet .any ways ban the car but do not take our car choice as it is admin Channing not me.Many thanks and keep up the good work you will get it right soon i dare say
Demonic Dan

Lick My Swollen Eyes

28CD : http://www.28cd.co.uk
www.r-a-t-s.co.uk
Jimmie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 06:19:50 PM +0000 »

This was an original GT car which just happen to came in the final pack at the NGT cars. Not sure but thought it wasn't at NGT while it was still an alpha testing pack.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 06:23:44 PM +0000 »

you guys came up with the ballast pack the m3 is totally out of sink to the rest of the class to much ballast that was my car we have a great skin for it but when it is slower that the vertigo thats a joke

If you think the M3 is now slower than the Vertigo you aren't driving it right! Before the ballast pack I thought very seriously about simply banning the M3 outright.

Methinks the GT2 drivers doth protest too much...

pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 07:08:32 PM +0000 »

the m3 is totally out of sink to the rest of the class to much ballast that was my car we have a great skin for it but when it is slower that the vertigo

Roll Eyes So, thats why i finished in 4th  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 07:12:30 PM +0000 by pribeiro » Logged

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 10:38:42 PM +0000 »

I like it a lot, after a fair bit of use I'd guesstimate it's ever so slightly too heavy and take 8, 9 Kg off.... if I could Wink

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 12:38:53 AM +0000 »

Has anybody else noticed that they decided that the 911 GT2 should have 570BHP/680NM in GTR's version of the 2003 car, but it should have 605BHP/740NM in GTR2's version of the 2003 car? plus the 20kg less weight, more downforce, wider track, longer wheelbase, drag coefficient, and different weight distribution of the later incarnation.
I wonder if it still has a flat 6. as it has also now got 4 valves rather than 8. Huh  Wink

Maybe they have more info, but to get something as simple as that seems strange. Undecided

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 12:41:04 AM +0000 »

I like it a lot, after a fair bit of use I'd guesstimate it's ever so slightly too heavy and take 8, 9 Kg off.... if I could Wink

I'd love to see it have 100KG-200KG taken off and see it in the GT class.

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com