The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 01:41:33 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VW Scirocco Group 2  (Read 669 times)
frex

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2020, 02:33:48 PM +0000 »

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/volkswagen-scirocco-group-2.16025/#post-213200

My first ever car was a 1979 Scirocco GLS, in metallic grey with red interior.. Looking forward to this one.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 02:36:13 PM +0000 by frex » Logged
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 02:52:28 PM +0000 »

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/volkswagen-scirocco-group-2.16025/#post-213200

My first ever car was a 1979 Scirocco GLS, in metallic grey with red interior.. Looking forward to this one.

At last some more historic content, could make a good series for next year.  yes
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 03:40:25 PM +0000 »

Looks interesting. I may have a vote for two series, and I get to choose the 3rd, to maintain some historic flavour
and not to clash with Stephen's Sunday series. Not neccesarily this car.

The Glen is coming in Dec as well apparently  Cool
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 03:51:37 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 09:00:22 PM +0000 »

Should be fun, I just hope they fill this class out with more cars in future.
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 09:33:56 AM +0000 »

I'm mainly waiting for the promised tyre model improvements.

I've been rather frustrated recently with many of the cars on R3E, especially compared to other sims that have gotten major physics updates recently. They just seem to be falling behind with their slow pace of developments and lack of any kind of public roadmap.

I will probably not participate in a lot of R3E events until something changes.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 10:29:23 AM +0000 »

I'm with Toni, some of the cars are very good, some, particularly the ones I want to run, have poor physics. Some to me are
pretty well undrivable, and I don't think it's because they are "realistic" they are just badly designed.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 09:32:11 PM +0000 »

Have you tried the group 4 class?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 10:44:40 PM +0000 »

Yes. The Pork in there is to me completely undrivable it goes side ways on a straight
I think Frex liked it. no one else said much as I remember

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 03:40:47 PM +0000 »

Yes. The Pork in there is to me completely undrivable it goes side ways on a straight
I think Frex liked it. no one else said much as I remember

I have had the Porka 934 for some time but never actually driven it, as most of the comments about it said the same as Matt & as I am not a great lover of Porkas anyway I did not have much inclination to give it a go. But this afternoon I plucked up the enthusiasm to take it for a spin(!!!!!) at Anderstorp. Well I must say it is certainly not as evil as some other Porkas I have driven in GTL & P&G & most of the problem driving it was braking & changing down. Having driven plenty of more modern stuff in RRE recently I have got used to standing on the brakes, that does not work with this car, it just locks the brakes & sends the car scurrying for the green stuff. Much better to apply the brakes gently at first then increase the pressure, probably more realistic for this age of car anyway. Changing down is also a problem if you don't blip the throttle, tends to lock the rears sending the car sliding, blip the throttle on downshifts & no problem. Now Anderstorp is flat & driving it on a more undulating track may be different, but if this car is not your cup of tea, there is a BMW M1 Gp4 car as an alternative.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 11:02:43 PM +0000 »

Interesting comment by one of the R3E devs from another forum:

The plan is to add more Gr.2 and Gr.4 cars in the future, including some ex-DRM cars.
And as I said above, the Scirocco have raced with the DRM Gr.4 and Gr.5 cars, but each in their own class.

The NSU might also be balanced with the Scirocco, as it was a Group 2 car aswell, but of course from an earlier period. Let's see Wink

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 04:55:30 PM +0000 »

I am, as always, keen to include some historic content as that's traditionally the Thursday theme.
Mostly though I want to run cars that will produce some close racing, rather than cars that only
particularly talented people can drive. Better drivers should go faster of course, but the car choice
should not be so hard to drive at any sort of race pace, that only the better drivers can get the
car round lap after lap. I spent quite some time with the 934, and I found even gently lifting
on a straight would have it off the road. We ran a series with the BMW M1 Procar some time ago
and it was as welcome as Coronavirus. I liked it, if only for the noise, but I was a minority
I like the GTO Classics, but they are not an easy drive. Again, we ran them once and they were
not popular. Some cars need practice, and they are one group that is not an easy drive out of the box

I hate the FRJ, they are just not a good balance to me. I very much like the FR4, but I think Stephen may
be running those next year?

I will do some testing in the hols, and put together a vote. I will inflict at least one series I think will work
but mostly it will be whatever most people vote for. I have gone with the flow in the past, but I feel sometimes
votes are cast for cars that look like they would be good, but have not been tested properly, so it will be
a multilateral thing. If people would like a particular car set, then shout up, and it will be added to the vote
Don't gimme a hard time after if you don't speak up  Roll Eyes

Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 10:10:16 AM +0000 »

Looks like Brands Hatch GP is coming in the December update on Monday  drool

Could be an option for one of the next series...
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2020, 12:28:15 PM +0000 »

These are the series that will have the new tyre model, probably should pick from amongst them for the next season:

GT2 (new)
GT3
GT4
Audi TT Cup
Audi TT VLN
Touring Classics
DTM 1992
Group 2
Group 4
Group 5
2003 DTM Mercedes
2005 DTM Mercedes
Formula RaceRoom 1990
Formula RaceRoom Junior
GTE
Hillclimb Icons
Volkswagen ID.R
NSU TT
Porsche GT3 Cup Sprint
Porsche GT3 Cup Endurance
Porsche 964 Cup
Silhouettes
WTCC 2014/15/16/17
WTCR
Cupra E-Racer
DTM 2020
Porsche Cayman Cup
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2020, 04:27:59 PM +0000 »

OOOHH! Was that announced today?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2020, 05:32:06 PM +0000 »

OOOHH! Was that announced today?

Yep.  Grin

https://youtu.be/CsZWYUqg2Fk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com