Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 04:30:48 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to enter the 1955 GP championship?
Expect to enter at least 75% of races - 20 (66.7%)
Expect to enter less than 75% of races - 10 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 38 1955 GP - Registration  (Read 3157 times)
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2020, 01:32:12 PM +0000 »

The railway crossing will be tricky in the 55s  eek

Correct. All my setups fly like a fridge and land like a piano!

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2020, 01:38:44 PM +0000 »

Can we please still do a test so that I know that I have the correct version?

It's bad enough having to race on it.  To spend weeks practicing the wrong track would be the more than human flesh could endure!

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2020, 01:57:08 PM +0000 »

Yes happy to do that. I'm in the process of setting up my server with the Season 38 tracks and loose grids. I hope to have it sorted by the weekend so I can put the whole season on a loop.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2021, 09:53:32 AM +0000 »

Thanks Phil.

I'm just about certain that I have the old version and I'm not too clear what to download.

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2021, 10:35:41 AM +0000 »

Thanks Phil.

I'm just about certain that I have the old version and I'm not too clear what to download.
Hang fire Clive, I've done a bit more testing and I've come to the conclusion I'm just going to create a moderating nightmare for myself with this track. It is fun to drive but the steep drop off into the woods (near the "25mph sign") is just going to be too hard to negotiate without the risk of a major pile-up. The hedgerows are quite sticky so there shouldn't be a "Grenzlandring" effect with cars bouncing all over the place, nevertheless in a PRO race there are no second chances.

So I'm going to swap it out and replace it with the papyrus version of Watkins Glen. All drivers should be familiar with the original papyrus track so it will just be a matter of learning to get the best out of the 55s around there.

We can do a fun race at Watkins 48 in the off-season when we can allow shift-Rs in case they are needed.  I think Watkins 48 is one of the few tracks where "overtaking" could literally mean flying over the top of somebody!
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2021, 11:21:29 AM +0000 »

Good news Phil but bang goes my car list already!   Grin

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2021, 11:32:18 AM +0000 »

Good work Phil. Plain brown envelope in the post.  shifty

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2021, 11:49:23 AM +0000 »

Fair enough.  We've raced with faster cars on this track in the past.  It has superb scenery - good enough that a number of us were taken by it.  Smiley
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2021, 04:39:01 PM +0000 »

Yes happy to do that. I'm in the process of setting up my server with the Season 38 tracks and loose grids. I hope to have it sorted by the weekend so I can put the whole season on a loop.
UKGPL4 is up on iGOR looping through all the tracks in the 55GP Season 38 track list. So if you want to confirm you have the correct tracks please try to connect (it may take you a while).
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2021, 05:07:12 PM +0000 »

Thanks Phil.

romanov

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2021, 07:26:36 PM +0000 »

Hi all, i'am ready for champ on 55.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2021, 08:13:01 PM +0000 »

Welcome Petr.

This season is going to be a humdinger!!   Grin
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 08:18:09 PM +0000 by Clive Loynes » Logged

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2021, 08:22:48 PM +0000 »

Hi Romanov

Welcome to UKGPL, I've processed your registration but I need to know a bit about you so that I can assign you to the correct group for your ability. The fast drivers are in the "Works" and the rest are in the "Privateers". Do you have a GPL Rank? That will help me decide which group would suite you best.

Regards

Phil
tagomago

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2021, 06:16:49 AM +0000 »

Forgive me for being blunt but I thought there would be some system to opt for a server with 19 drivers

If the league is divided into good drivers and bad drivers I don't want to be the good of the bad or the bad of the good

In PDLR, a league of which I am a member, we had almost 40 drivers 10 years ago

Each race became an event with pre-race B and race A

Basically
 -The first 13 of the last race (from the previous championship for the first one) go to race A
 - A pre-race is run (B) from which the first 6 will go to the race (A)
 - Anyone who does not run should run the next B
 - The penalty for causing incidents is to run the next B

Advantages
 - Everyone runs
 - Everyone has the option to be on track with the rapids
 - New enjoyment objectives appear ... finishing in the top 13 keeps you in the gap

Sorry for barging in like an elephant in a garage but the splitting of 2 servers has been done just 3 days before the official race

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2021, 03:47:43 PM +0000 »

Hi Tagomago

Thank you for taking the time to explain the issues. We want to ensure all drivers are happy so your comments are welcome. I'll try to address your concerns.

Forgive me for being blunt but I thought there would be some system to opt for a server with 19 drivers

If the league is divided into good drivers and bad drivers I don't want to be the good of the bad or the bad of the good
This is always the problem for the middle ranked drivers of which I am one. I'm not good enough to challenge for a podium in the "Works" (or "Professionals") category. But I am usually competitive in the "Privateers" or "Amateurs" category. The 65F1 race at Oulton Park was a perfect example. The last finisher in the "Professionals" race was Fulvio in a time of 48m51s, I was the winner of the "Amateurs" in a time of 48m59s. So the split in the 2 servers was well judged (which implies the "Works" and "Privateers" split in the 67F1 is about right too). I would like to be able to race against Fulvio, Bagrupp and Doni in every race because they are just that little bit better than me and I enjoy the challenge of trying to beat them. But at Oulton Park they were in the Works and I was in the Privateers so I had a different challenge; I had to compete with Eric, Pete, David and Francesco. In the end I came out on top but it wasn't easy. However it was fun which is the most important thing.

With more than 19 drivers, there has to be a split somewhere. But provided I have someone to race with, I am happy.

In PDLR, a league of which I am a member, we had almost 40 drivers 10 years ago

Each race became an event with pre-race B and race A

Basically
 -The first 13 of the last race (from the previous championship for the first one) go to race A
 - A pre-race is run (B) from which the first 6 will go to the race (A)
 - Anyone who does not run should run the next B
 - The penalty for causing incidents is to run the next B

Advantages
 - Everyone runs
 - Everyone has the option to be on track with the rapids
 - New enjoyment objectives appear ... finishing in the top 13 keeps you in the gap
At interesting format, in effect there was an extra "Qualifying" race, so whilst all drivers had a chance to race, some drivers (i.e. the 6 qualifiers) raced twice. We could try that format at some point. We have a very busy calendar so if we did adopt this approach I suggest both races would have to be on the same night. Perhaps a short (10mins qually + 20 mins race) qualifying event before the main event. But there are three issues I can foresee:
  • The race night would be extended for some drivers (10mins qually + 20 mins race + 30mins qually + 40 mins race) - maybe an issue for time zones other than GMT?
  • What happens if there is an incident in the qualifying race? No time to moderate.
  • The "non" qualifiers would only get a single 20 min race
We can look a little deeper into this but having qualifying races on different days would add to an already busy calendar.

Sorry for barging in like an elephant in a garage.....
No problem at all, constructive advice and comments are always welcome.

.....but the splitting of 2 servers has been done just 3 days before the official race
Yes sorry about that but we had to make a quick decision based on the number of late registrations. We had 2 more registrations yesterday which brought the number up to 24. So if everyone turned up, 5 drivers would not be able to race. So we had to make a quick decision and we preferred to split the drivers into 2 groups rather than disappoint 5 drivers. We also have spare capacity in case we get some very late entries. Perhaps there are a few more GPL Brazil drivers who will want to race but have not yet registered?

As a middle ranked driver, this time I am in the "Works" so I expect to be at the back, not the front. But provided I don't get left completely behind I should have an enjoyable race. Hopefully I'll be able to challenge Fulvio, Bagrupp and Doni this time Smiley .

If you would prefer to race on the Works, you can move up, just PM me or post something here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com