Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 08:31:06 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FPS Drop when drivers connecting and disconnecting on-line  (Read 468 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2021, 09:48:21 PM +0000 »

This might be a question that Axel can help me with, or anyone else?.

Over the past week I have had sudden drops in frame rate when I am on a server. It drops from 60 fps to as low as 18fps for maybe 2-3 secs then recovers to 60fps.

At first, I thought that it must be a programme starting up on my PC that was interfering with the GPU?? So I checked everything that I could think of and found nothing.
But, over the last 2 races here in UKGPL I have realised that the frame rate drop happens whenever someone joins ( or leaves) the server??!!

At Interlagos for the Grand Prix my practice laps were screwed several times as people joined the server and the graphics stuttered ( I was not too bothered as I was not competitive in the BRM anyway ). Once everyone was on the server things were OK.
Then the race started and for the first laps all was lovely at 60fps...until Axel and Phillipe quit the server and each time my fps dropped to 18-20 fps ??. I have never had anything like this before and I cannot understand why this should be happening.

Another new anomaly is Pribluda. In the past when I fired up GPL on a server the various info appeared on screen immediately regardless of how many cars were on that server. Now when I join a server, Prib is missing for the first 10-15 secs and gradually the various bits appear.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 10:11:53 PM +0000 »

Over the past week I have had sudden drops in frame rate when I am on a server. It drops from 60 fps to as low as 18fps for maybe 2-3 secs then recovers to 60fps.

But, over the last 2 races here in UKGPL I have realised that the frame rate drop happens whenever someone joins ( or leaves) the server??!!
This is another one for the wiki! I have had this and fixed it but I can't remember exactly how (now if we had a wiki where I'd put the solution......)

I think I fixed it by setting the Auto_Set_GPL_Font_Size in my GPLshift.ini file to 0

Code:
[ GPL Font ]-------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto_Set_GPL_Font_Size = 0  ;OPTIONS:         0   1   2   3   4        ;
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 11:21:36 PM +0000 »

thumbup1

Exactly Phil this is the main thing to do and the other is to shut the chat in game off.

BUT

Clive this is when your F1 engine powered PC tries to run GPL in eco-sleep mode...

Please get the OpenHardwareMonitor.org activate the plot and check the load and clocks of CPU and GTX 1070 - those clock values have to be in full throttle as long as you drive. this graph shows their states.

Don't try to reduce any quality settings in NVidia driver settings this is contraproductive! You have to give the GPU some things to do to keep it awake.
So set everything in game to max (detail slider 99%) else your PC is yawning.

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 12:10:51 AM +0000 »

My machine was never affected by chat/connect/disconnect messages under Win7 (they displayed fine with no trouble).
But the same hardware under a clean install of Win10,  with a clean GPL install has introduced that to my life.
I admittedly have an old/weak system, but the GPU clocks do ramp up/set full performance otherwise.

I guess I must have somehow just dodged that issue previously,  as there seem to be plenty of others affected.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com