The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 04:01:48 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E7TCP Laguna Seca: January 21, 2021
January 21, 2021, 08:53:31 PM +0000 - Laguna Seca (1988+) - RRE Season 7 (2020) Touring Classics+P964
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 2 +0.636
---
1 30:58.676
---
19 0 1:36.779
---
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 1 1:35.945
---
2 +18.533
---
19 0 1:36.242
---
Dunlop  
azaris

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 5 +1.807
---
3 +37.656
---
19 0 1:38.350
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 6 +2.649
---
4 +37.843
---
19 0 1:37.808
---
Pirelli  
BiriBiri

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 7 +2.763
---
5 +38.857
---
19 0 1:38.033
---
Dunlop  
Glenn Richardson

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 8 +3.537
---
6 +59.721
---
19 0 1:38.151
---
Yokohama  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring 4 +1.720
---
7 +1:02.955
---
19 0 1:37.370
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche 964 Carrera Cup Classic Touring 3 +1.345
---
8 +1:07.475
---
19 0 1:37.215
---
Pirelli  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 7 (2020) Race Room Touring Classics+P964 - Laguna Seca - Jan 21  (Read 724 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2021, 05:58:59 PM +0000 »

Password: see above

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: Touring Classics + Porsche 964 (Carrera Cup Classic)
Track: Laguna Seca
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E7
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 12:49:04 AM +0000 »

Not the best track for the Volvo this, with too many corners and not enough straights (and too much sand..!). However, I am really liking the Touring Classics even more now, with the updated v4.1 tyres and new physics revision. Setups should be created from scratch however, so here is my setup if Pete or any other Volvo drivers want to give it a try.

Used with TC level 4 (higher numbers = less TC as in default layout). Cyu on track.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:46:52 AM +0000 »

Never been one of my favourite tracks this one, never seem to go well here Sad

Thanks for the setup Frex, shame I won't be able to use "rubbish setup" as my excuse  Roll Eyes

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 06:02:26 PM +0000 »

Sorry Matt I won’t be racing tonight I feel shattered!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 09:12:49 PM +0000 »

An Epic race to end the season  

Championship  Winner is   Azaris  with 85 points -  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy clap

Geoffers just being pushed in 2nd Place with 82 -   thumbup2 thumbup2 thumbup2

Glen managed to beat Picnic to 3rd place with 72    -   thumbup1 thumbup1 thumbup1

Well done all  Grin. More fun next week at a much higher speed  scooter scooter scooter

Thanks to all the entrants.  Cool

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 09:20:37 PM +0000 »

Wauw great race, with close battle's in groups of 3 and 4 cars.

Didn't expect to have the same racing pace of the main group, was 3sec behind in quali.

Didn't pay attenttion was first following Geoff and Toni but fell asleep i think at the last corner and forgot to brake  Grin.

After that i followed Pete up to Toni again. Congrats to Toni (close call for Toni i think if he made a mistake in the last 2 laps he would lost the championship).

Good race and championship for Geoff but it wasn't in yr hands.

First top 5 championship finish for me, had the luck Frex wasn't participating at Twin Ring.

@Martin: You felt also asleep in the last corner??? what a divebomb  Grin Grin Grin
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 09:29:46 PM +0000 »

hehe. I had an "eventful" race.... pace was quite good, towards the end Spanner and I were slowly catching cars in front
My events were two offs trying not to ram Toni, then Pete, then as you say I was sort of half thinking about an out brake
as the Pork can brake much later than the TC cars, but then my mind wandered off to the planet phnim and I shot past
Birgir like "what? a corner? oh.. yeh"  tank

Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 07:34:40 AM +0000 »

Well done Frex, Geoff and Toni on the podium and big well done to Toni for taking the championship  I Am Not Worthy

Tough night at the office for me. I can only assume the wheel firmware update I ran after racing on Sunday was the culprit but I had no brakes when I joined at the end of practice. I spent qualifying in and out of the game trying to mess with settings, in the end a 35% upper deadzone gave me some brakes but nowhere near enough to lock the brakes.

Things went from bad to worse when I clipped the rear corner of Pete's car on the first lap putting him into a spin. Apologies Pete - I slightly misjudged how much earlier I needed to get on the brakes and a tap to the rear corner always ends up worse than a square hit.

After waiting for Pete to rejoin my focus became to avoid being lapped. My issues along with this being a weak circuit for the M3 meant I was falling further adrift only benefitting from mistakes. Looking on the bright side my tyres lasted very well given how little energy I was putting through them  thumbup1
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 10:47:57 AM +0000 »

To be fair, Geoff was clearly faster throughout the series, but consistency won out in the end.

It was a hard fight against the nimbler Porsches, as I struggled with understeer and the usual jammy brakes. At least the car was stable through the Corkscrew. I knew Geoff would win it all if he managed to win the race, but after his spin I wasn't sure if me finishing third would be enough. I did my best Gandalf impersonation for the rest of the race and while it didn't stop Geoff from sneaking past, it was good enough for the rest.

Impressive pace from Frex in the turbo brick.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 11:12:40 AM +0000 »

Feel for you Geoff, that's not the first time I've been close behind you and see the Skyline drop a wheel in the dirt on corner exit and spear off sideways. A big shame as those first few laps were already good fun, although I know your better pace would have won out in the end. On the plus side, I hope we revisit these cars again some time as they are less on a knife edge now with the insta-spin behaviour largely removed. New Turbo coding also means the Volvo gets away off the line much better too! (can still get a bit stuck in the sand/gravel although it's much better than before).

Bad luck Geoff, and Glenn for the technical problems; congrats Toni for the Championship; thanks to all.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 12:04:58 PM +0000 »

Congratulations to azarls for for winning the Series, Geoff for being second and Glen for third place. Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 12:10:16 PM +0000 »

Big congrats to Toni on the championship.  clap clap thumbup2 Much more consistent than I was, I just made too many silly mistakes, mostly without any real pressure  Roll Eyes.

I found the Nissan a little more difficult to drive since the tyre upgrade, seemed to have more understeer into corners & more oversteer on the power, so it took quite a bit of tweaking of the default setup to get it behaving more to my liking. The race started well with Frex & I pulling clear quite quickly. Oddly I kept getting T6 (the left before the run up to the Corkscrew) wrong, either too wide or running over the high kerb on the inside, in practice & qually I was taking it fine. Eventually it caught me out, running a bit wide & dropping a wheel into the dirt causing a spin. Had fun trying to find a way past Birger & Tony for several laps but once past I was able to pull away to a comfortable 2nd place.

Congrats to Frex on the win & Toni in 3rd.  clap clap
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 12:14:31 PM +0000 »

Things went from bad to worse when I clipped the rear corner of Pete's car on the first lap putting him into a spin. Apologies Pete - I slightly misjudged how much earlier I needed to get on the brakes and a tap to the rear corner always ends up worse than a square hit.

After waiting for Pete to rejoin my focus became to avoid being lapped.
Very gracious of you to wait. I saw you in the mirror closing rapidly as the Volvo needs loooooooooong barking distances and tried to get out of the way. Sadly that probably made the tap worse as it wasn't squarely along the back. I wasn't expecting to get anything out of the race and would have told you to get on with your race if I had been able. Thanks though.

Surprised with the bent bonnet after that I was still able to stay in the race. Even catching Toni. I did get my nose in front at T1 with about 5 laps to go but couldn't make it stick against his more nimble steed.

Thank you Dieter for making your setups available. Certainly made the car better for me. Well done to last nights podium sitters and to Toni on his championship Smiley

azaris

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 01:04:11 PM +0000 »

Not sure I would characterise the Skyline as "nimble".  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com