The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 06:39:22 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Sunday Night Winter Series  (Read 975 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2021, 09:56:49 PM +0000 »

Hi all,

We will be switching to single seaters for the first AC series of 2021. I have decided to use Formula 3 cars, fast but not insanely fast like F1!. I have recently competed in an RFactor2 formula three series using the RSR Formula 3 mod which i enjoyed, they also do a version for AC (which is what we will use).

Round 1. 7/2/21 Barcelona GP

Round 2. 21/2/21   Thruxton

Round 3. 7/3/21   Barbagallo Raceway

Round 4. 21/3/21   Mugello

Round 5. 11/4/21   Donington

Round 6. 25/4/21   Assen

Round 7. 9/5/21   Hockenheim GP

Race Format

20 minute x2

7:45pm practice
8:30pm Qualifying
8:45pm Race

Standing starts

Scoring Scheme:
All rounds count

The following Cars will be available:
(the '317' version)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rsr-formula-3.8040/reviews

More details to follow
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 12:52:59 PM +0000 »

Wow, didn't see that coming Shocked

Shall be interesting

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 01:18:16 PM +0000 »

sounds a great series but i am over-committed to different series at the moment. I already race mon, tues and weds eve and every other saturday  Shocked  Will see if i can make it fit nearer the time  Wink

Not tried these RS F3's before either but heard good things about them.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 09:53:05 PM +0000 »

Ok downloaded the car and did a couple of laps. Should be good fun and fit for close racing.

As you have experience with the RF2 version, do you have any pointers setup-wise?

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 11:22:12 PM +0000 »

I can make it for Barcelona GP race. Is the circuit free to download or part of the game?

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 11:59:24 PM +0000 »

I can make it for Barcelona GP race. Is the circuit free to download or part of the game?

Unfortunately you will need to buy it DD, it is in the game's Dream Pack 2 if I remember correctly. Only circuit you will need to buy for this series, the others are free to download or already in game.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 01:13:25 PM +0000 »

Ok downloaded the car and did a couple of laps. Should be good fun and fit for close racing.

As you have experience with the RF2 version, do you have any pointers setup-wise?

I have been using the default setup (as I do at most races at the moment) as I don't get much time to practice before events.
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 03:53:33 PM +0000 »

Unfortunately you will need to buy it DD, it is in the game's Dream Pack 2 if I remember correctly. Only circuit you will need to buy for this series, the others are free to download or already in game.

Thanks Geoff, i will buy the Dream Pack 2, so if everything goes normal i will participate in the championship.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 05:54:17 PM +0000 »

After driving the DTM cars for tonight, jumping in these feels alien!

Note they do not like the curbs! or gravel traps! You might be trapped in them,I guess due to the ground clearance. In every gear the car just sat and revved!

The car felt too planted on defaults so there is definately things to play with.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2021, 11:02:52 PM +0000 »

Hm, this is strange i had problems with the kerbs with this mod, but after making changes to the setup it's a way better. Take a look at the final two videos on my Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKOVmtPXV4&list=PLiox7olYeH2jEK-3judLoCNntK8YB1M2t&index=13

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2021, 11:29:08 PM +0000 »

What did you change DD? I found it not too bad on the flatter kerbs at Barcelona but the more raised ones instantly spin the car. These cars have so many things you can adjust that I really don't know what to change to improve it.
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2021, 11:38:14 PM +0000 »

I am not sure because i drove different car every day but in general when you have problem with the kerbs you must adjust the fast bump and fast rebound. If the problem is in the front of the car - more fast bump in front and less fast rebound in the rear end. Same with the back of the car - more fast bump at the rear, less fast rebound on the front. This works the same when you have problems with bumps on the road as well.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 11:57:16 AM +0000 »

The damper section of the setup was just a blur of numbers but I always find its the dampers that are always key to any setup.

Probably wont get to do any real practise till sunday.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2021, 09:59:29 PM +0000 »

Something is wrong at Barcelona indeed. It's a problem with the car or with the circuit. I tested today and was unable to resolve the issue. I believe that it's a problem with the circuits, because not all the kerbs are a problem. So basically we need to avoid the problematic kerbs at any cost. Otherwise the car becomes uncontrollable.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com