The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 03:43:36 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 Sunday Night Winter Series  (Read 798 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2021, 09:58:19 PM +0000 »

Hi All,

We will be racing the Cupra Leon E-Racer for the first RRE Series of 2021. Now that RRE have added multiple Engine maps for these cars we can increase the race distance to a reasonable length (and add in some strategy as you will be able to switch engine maps during the race to change power output)

Round 1. 14/2/21 Most

Round 2. 28/2/21   Brands Hatch GP

Round 3. 14/3/21   Hockenhiem (Short Circuit)

Round 4. 28/3/21   Norisring

Round 5. 18/4/21   Mantorp Park

Round 6. 2/5/21   Silverstone (International)

Race Format

20 minute race followed by 15 minute Sprint race

8:00pm practice
8:30pm Qualifying
8:45pm Race

Standing starts

Scoring Scheme:
All rounds count

More details to follow!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 01:11:02 PM +0000 »

Hmm, not sure these will be very popular, judging by the comments when we raced these before. But I will be in attendance.  thumbup1
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 12:57:06 PM +0000 »

Hmm, not sure these will be very popular, judging by the comments when we raced these before. But I will be in attendance.  thumbup1

I don't think you can write them off after just one test race (well hopefully not!)

I have decided to use them as they will become a part of real world motorsport over the coming years and I find it interesting to experience the differences between the single gear electric and conventional petrol/gearbox
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 01:03:43 PM +0000 »

My problem here is, as before, I can’t get the car to turn-in at the slower corners!  Roll Eyes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 05:25:27 PM +0000 »

Are you just talking understeer or phyiscally dont have the lock?

In the car setup page you have steering lock in degrees and Steering angle  i think its called.

One controls your steering wheel setting its total travel i.e 900deg, the other controls the setting on the virtual car but this is measured as angle of movement of the front wheels.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 05:38:43 AM +0000 »

Are you just talking understeer or phyiscally dont have the lock?

In the car setup page you have steering lock in degrees and Steering angle  i think its called.

One controls your steering wheel setting its total travel i.e 900deg, the other controls the setting on the virtual car but this is measured as angle of movement of the front wheels.

Thanks spanner I am talking about understeer, it’s OK through the faster corners but still having difficulty with the first chicane.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 06:17:38 PM +0000 »

Are you using an old setup Bill? These cars were updated in the last major update so you need to start from scratch with the setup.

I gave it a brief try this afternoon with the default setup & found it turned in better than it did before, actually lost the rear a couple of times because it turned in too sharply. Still understeers a bit on the power though.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 12:53:14 PM +0000 »

Ah thats good, Driving them at Most their low speed understeer was terrible.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 01:16:44 PM +0000 »

Are you using an old setup Bill? These cars were updated in the last major update so you need to start from scratch with the setup.

I gave it a brief try this afternoon with the default setup & found it turned in better than it did before, actually lost the rear a couple of times because it turned in too sharply. Still understeers a bit on the power though.

Thanks Geoff, I have been thinking about spanner’s post and I could increase the steering angle. Logged on this morning and “Whoops”  oops wrong car and wrong track (must learn to read the Calendar)!! Wink luckily I have a GT3 car and using your Aide Memoire have sorted out setup, also we’ve raced here a number of times.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 02:38:49 PM +0000 »

When the car setups have limited options like the Porsche 964 does, it provides something to help if the car doesnt turn in as you would like. Reducing my wheel lock from my usual 600deg in game to 550deg means for the same physical movement i'm rotating the incar wheel more.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 04:03:46 PM +0000 »

In general I use 420 degrees of wheel rotation with a steering angle of 20 degrees (I start with default and make adjustments one at a time as required until I have a setup I feel I can drive). I now have a setup that drives ok at Brands GP.  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com