The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 03:15:51 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E Mantorp: January 31, 2021
January 31, 2021, 09:17:43 PM +0000 - Mantorp - RRE
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Bentley Continental GT3 GT3 1 1:14.230
---
1 37:43.632
---
30 0 1:14.526
---
Pirelli  
Glenn Richardson

BMW M6 GT3 GT3 3 +0.363
---
2 +0.361
---
30 0 1:14.563
---
Pirelli  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari P4/5 Competizione GT3 2 +0.266
---
3 +2.512
---
30 0 1:14.513
---
Pirelli  
azaris

Audi R8 LMS Evo GT3 4 +0.960
---
4 +23.695
---
30 0 1:15.400
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
BMW M6 GT3 GT3 5 +1.420
---
5 +35.145
---
30 0 1:15.439
---
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford GT GT3 6 +1.469
---
6 +36.687
---
30 0 1:15.539
---
Michelin  
BiriBiri

Ferrari P4/5 Competizione GT3 7 +1.498
---
7 +41.895
---
30 0 1:15.510
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 8 +2.584
---
8 +3L 27 0 1:15.824
---
unknown
Pirelli  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW Alpina B6 GT3 9 +11.525
---
9 +29L 1 0 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE - Mantorp - Jan 31  (Read 1091 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2021, 02:04:21 PM +0000 »

Practice: 20:00 (30 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 (30 mins)

Cars allowed: GTR3

Circuit: Mantorp (Long circuit)
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing start
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: none required

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Track Packs for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 02:05:43 PM +0000 »

This will be the last fun race before the new Winter series starts!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 10:30:29 AM +0000 »

Practice server is up for tomorrow nights race
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 05:25:23 PM +0000 »

Received my laptop adaptor by DHL.

Will return at tuesday towards the Netherlands but ordered a new one online. Now i have one in Belgium and the Netherlands  Grin

Really short circuit for GT3
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 09:33:09 PM +0000 »

That was fun.  Grin
Went off early as is traditional..... then had a great tussle with Mark and Birgir, Good chase Mark. that must have taken some effort  thumbup1

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 09:47:33 PM +0000 »

Good close racing, although after a brief tussle with Frex I didn't see a soul. Was getting a bit dizzy at the end from all those sweeping corners. wacko

Next step, 2.4h of Daytona.  Grin
frex

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 10:37:41 AM +0000 »

Geoff and Glenn looked to be having a super race-long battle up ahead and I think I had the pace to have made it a three-way fight, but a terrible start and poor first lap scuppered that. Lost a few positions and took a few laps to get them back, and then just tried to keep the front two in sight. Some shenanigans occurring towards the end though as we all closed up nose to tail, but I made a mistake getting out onto the back-straight on the last lap and dropped back again. Fun chase though.

Congrats Geoff and Glenn.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 11:56:24 AM +0000 »

Good race with Glenn who as usual was quicker in the race than in practice. I think I had the advantage on acceleration, the Bentley just seemed to get off the corners a little better than the BMW & I think was slightly faster on the straight. The BMW was better on the brakes though & Glenn was much better into the two tight turns at the end of the lap. With about 5 laps left Glenn ran into the back of me at the end of the long straight & spun his car & I was enjoying the battle so much I slowed on the next lap to let him, & Frex catch up. Had a frantic last few laps & I was just able to sneak home in front.

Grats to Glenn & Frex.  clap clap

I guess you are a BMW fan Glenn, as you nearly always take one if one is available. Cheesy
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2021, 12:41:09 PM +0000 »

nice flowing track, for some reason when I fired up RRE all my button mappings and forcefeedback settings had disappeared so wasted most of practice sorting that out so never really got up to speed. Then I ran out of fuel in the race (RRE must have been updated as previously you only had the option of setting the race duration by time) and I was expecting 30 mins not 30 laps.

That was the last of the run of fun races. Next week is the first AC F3 race, then in a fortnight we go electric with the RRE Cupra E!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 01:09:05 PM +0000 »

Yeah, sorry frex it wasn't a divebomb just a realisation I was carrying more speed in there than you were on the first lap.

That was not the track I thought it was going to be! There must be another one we've driven that looked similar, but looked quite tight so was planning on taking the Porsche as I never really got on with it in the past and hadn't driven the latest car version.

However I was getting massive issues with framerate, the view was choppy at times and would drop down to 50-60fps from around 80+ at times. Being that i'd had just finished re-assembling my PC, having fitted a new cpu waterblock and cleaned out the GPU block as there was corrosion in it, this was the first real test of the system. So to see the CPU usage so low when playing was really disconcerting.

Plus by accident I had started Raceroom earlier which screwed up the screen resolution and FOV settings, so decided a restart would be better and ended up picking a car i'm always comfortable in... BMW M6. Except these new physics have ruined every car for me so far! Its putting my off this atm.

Tried to help make the car more comfortable in the slower stuff, much setup changes but seemed to get there in the end.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2021, 02:45:54 PM +0000 »

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's race, great racing with Geoff and Frex and well done Geoff on a hard fought win.

After Laguna Seca, it was nice to have 'some' brakes again, a little bit more settings tweaking needed but last night felt almost as good as before I updated my wheel firmware.

Over a lap there was very little in it between Geoff, Frex and I but Geoff's Bentley was punchier out of the corners and on the straight while my BMW was a little tighter on the brakes and turn in.

Benefitting from Geoff's slipstream allowed me to keep the pressure on and stay clear of Frex until I messed up a downshift at the end of the straight, hit Geoff and spun - apologies for the hit.

I rejoined in front of Frex and with Geoff slowing we recommenced battle as a three. Geoff kept it tight all race and it was so close that a divebomb on the brakes would have been the only chance at leading, even then I may have been a sitting duck with Geoff in the slipstream on the straight.

Not sure what gave you the impression I'm a BMW fan Geoff  Grin
Yes, I drive an M140i and my wife has an X3 M40i, I tend to prefer the smaller BMW's with a straight six up front, rear wheel drive and just the right amount of too much power. That said, think I'm going to take the Opel for the DTM '92 series.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2021, 06:33:00 PM +0000 »

Yeah, sorry frex it wasn't a divebomb just a realisation I was carrying more speed in there than you were on the first lap.

No problem Mark, I was probably being a bit over cautious there.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2021, 08:12:53 AM +0000 »

Has anyone else been running the -webmenu option?

I have been, its a far nicer GUI. I turned that off, deleted the graphic settings file and seemed to gain +20FPS despite it setting higher default settings.

Been using the GTR3 at Motegi competion as a test, It always drops when around the pit and paddock area. I was getting 60fps around the track but always dropped to 40 along the straights that pass the pits and paddock.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 11:46:55 AM +0000 »

Hey Mark, which webHUD are you using, there are various different ones out there. If it is the standard Sector 3 version, I would try OtterHUD instead. This has been optimised better I think and supposedly has only a 2% hit to frame rate. It also has a Low Performance Mode, for even better frame rate at the expense of updating less often for lower end systems. I also happen to think it's a better HUD anyway and use it always without problems, so maybe give it a try if you haven't before.

Link
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2021, 02:00:40 PM +0000 »

Its not the HUD, its the whole game UI that Sector 3 introduced without telling people about it, but you need to enable it to set up triple screens.

Its nicer than the default menus as it includes a chat window

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com