The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 11:39:04 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E8 E Brands Hatch: February 28, 2021
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 8 (2021) E8 CUPRA E - Brands Hatch - Feb 28  (Read 655 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 09:24:13 PM +0000 »

Server is running, but it has reset to race one
could restart it with just race two
but it hasn't sent a race one results file

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 09:31:07 PM +0000 »

Server is running, but it has reset to race one
could restart it with just race two
but it hasn't sent a race one results file

you kidding lol

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 09:37:10 PM +0000 »

Can probably enter the results manually.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2021, 01:27:01 AM +0000 »

And it says it under, News: Upcoming Events are as follows  Wink

Not for me, you must have a superwide window. they are too shortened and cant read the longer ones. Why its all squashd in that corner i dont know. No matter how wide i drag the window the Series, Recent and Forthcoming columns stay the same width
No, not there. Just below your home page avatar piccy.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2021, 07:19:39 AM +0000 »

Shame about the server issue in race 2 but well done Mark on the win and Geoff on second.

Operator error for me in race 1. My wheel had done a full turn left when I came back ready for the race start. Felt the FFB but assumed it may be the camber of the grid at Brands Hatch, was a little surprised when the car turned hard left into barrier on launch.

I must have used too much of the battery trying to chase Geoff and Mark and had to run the last couple of laps on map 1 and fell away, I'd run a 10 minute stint in practice on map 3 and not quite used half so thought I'd be ok.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2021, 11:21:23 AM +0000 »

Apologies to driver of car I hit in T2, Hope I didn’t cause too much damage! Poetic justice my car refused to turn into the next corner and went straight on wrecking it’s self on the barrier.  Shocked

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2021, 11:52:21 AM +0000 »

Congrats to Mark on a well managed victory.  clap clap

I tried to manage the lead & not push too hard & use too much battery power, having tested a race distance I knew that I could not reach the finish on map 3 driving flat out. With 3 laps to go it was clear I would not make it so had to turn it down to map 2 & was powerless to resist when Mark caught up. Looked like I may lose 2nd too as Glenn was closing rapidly but he obviously also ran low on power & lost around 7-8s on the last lap. Crossed the line just as the power hit zero.

Shame the server crashed early in race 2.  Sad
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2021, 12:32:08 PM +0000 »

Shame the server crashed early in race 2.  Sad
I expect its battery went flat  Roll Eyes

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2021, 01:04:55 PM +0000 »

That was my first race in the series after having to miss the first round, I find it exciting having the engine maps to play with, adds another dimension to race strategy as you can plan what part of the race to use an extra bit of boost. Unfortunately when I fired up RRE after resetting the server at 8pm it decided to do a game update so by the time it finished loading I only had a few mins of praccy left so I couldn't do a practice run to work out the battery life. In the race I thought I had a bit of spare capacity in the battery to push on the last couple of laps but under estimated and ran out of juice!

I have decided to tweak the rules a bit for the next race. I am going to switch to laps instead of time for the race duration. At the moment it can be uncertain as to how many laps the race is until the leader crosses the line when you get to zero on the clock. If we run the race to a set number of laps it will be easier to plan the battery management. The races will still last roughly 20 + 15mins
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2021, 07:39:53 PM +0000 »

Strange, i assumed you guys were changing it on the fly. In practise i worked out i was using around 7% on map 3 so could just make it but all through the race i was doing as much coasting as possible just in case. (Even though it looks pointless when watching the energy store percentage!)

Couldnt remember what happens at start, stuck in the old ways so just pressed the pedal then realised i needed to switch it to 'S' lol. Then it was a case of expecting people to disappear ahead... not behind by such a margin! Was just shadowing Geoffers a couple of secs behind but i guessed you thought you would be tight!

I thought you wanted this level of unpredictability SRW; working out how many laps based on your own time, energy usage etc. The hardest part is the energy usage, you've got to guess!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2021, 12:49:11 PM +0000 »

Strange, i assumed you guys were changing it on the fly. In practise i worked out i was using around 7% on map 3 so could just make it but all through the race i was doing as much coasting as possible just in case. (Even though it looks pointless when watching the energy store percentage!)

Couldnt remember what happens at start, stuck in the old ways so just pressed the pedal then realised i needed to switch it to 'S' lol. Then it was a case of expecting people to disappear ahead... not behind by such a margin! Was just shadowing Geoffers a couple of secs behind but i guessed you thought you would be tight!

I thought you wanted this level of unpredictability SRW; working out how many laps based on your own time, energy usage etc. The hardest part is the energy usage, you've got to guess!

What are other peoples thoughts on the subject, would you prefer race distance by time or laps?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2021, 10:17:10 AM +0000 »

Not for me, you must have a superwide window. they are too shortened and cant read the longer ones.

You can hover over the longer ones and it'll show you a much longer description.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com