The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 05:19:14 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Pinewood test: March 24, 2021
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: S17 Pinewood test race  (Read 926 times)
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2021, 06:16:07 PM +0000 »

Oh, that explains total lack of boredom, every corner is fun to drive.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2021, 08:19:25 PM +0000 »

I've done some intentional kurb-hopping at various speeds and have to conclude that the damage isn't a bug in any way.
You have to hit the kerbs much harder than I thought in order to do damage - so if anything they aren't severe enough! Grin
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2021, 10:59:55 PM +0000 »

Unfortunately this track seems good in every part except for the chicane. If you touch the armco on the left your car is kaputt!

I quote myself just because maybe I wasn't clear enough. The trouble is not the chicane itself. In my last lap crash I didn't report damage for hitting chicane curbs. As I said in advance the real trouble is the armco on the left in the specific point in which I crashed on it, because I experienced this issue many times in my first practice laps some days before the race  angel angel

The angle with which you hit the armco is not relevant it seems. Your car will instantly explode in the air. Than you will see some anti Lambo mines planted under the surface exploding like a timed building demolition  Grin Grin Grin

Look to believe  Cheesy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S7Rh500iwx5uC9EDkluDLNVZDJlNjpdt/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 11:02:50 PM +0000 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2021, 11:03:57 AM +0000 »

I've done some intentional kurb-hopping at various speeds and have to conclude that the damage isn't a bug in any way.
You have to hit the kerbs much harder than I thought in order to do damage - so if anything they aren't severe enough! Grin

Agreed. I never drove on it in practice but in the heat of the race, I did once. 1 tengh before I thought "Ok, this Lambo is going to be done here" and actually the car managed to endure that very well, quite unrealistically well I'd say.

Also known as "Solmyr"
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2021, 11:12:36 AM +0000 »

The angle with which you hit the armco is not relevant it seems. Your car will instantly explode in the air. Than you will see some anti Lambo mines planted under the surface exploding like a timed building demolition  Grin Grin Grin

I'm not so sure Matteo : to me this crash is rather believable-ish (then we all know that nor AC neither any other sim is about nicely simulating the crashes). Then about anti-Lambo mines, I think it might happen in any place in fact, as to me it's car damage related, because of your severly damaged front suspensions/wheels. I kinda remember a comparable behaviour after a big crash in T1. Of course you're right that it looks weird, but not sure it's due to a track glitch.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 11:14:33 AM +0000 by IbnSolmyr » Logged

Also known as "Solmyr"
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2021, 11:51:21 AM +0000 »

I would agree with you if I had T-Boned the armco in a Grosjean style F1 Bahrain GP Maxime, but I didn't.

With my impact angle I wouldn't expect a complete stop from 130 kph to 0 in the space of 0 meters. The same didn't happened to Syd after he crashed on a slightly later spot of that armco.

Then we all know that AC is rubbish about damage model, and my race would have been compromised for sure in real life after a crash like that, but I guess we need to be very careful to attempt an overtake in that part of the track in order to avoid worse consequences for the drivers involved.

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com