Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 07:52:49 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Super Endurance test: November 30, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Super Endurance test race - Nov 30  (Read 5763 times)
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 10:02:14 PM +0000 »

No problems with the test, except that some pit boxes were empty while others were shared.

That was suprisingly good fun, gave the nice red TSJ Lambo a runout. Started somewhere in the middle. Had a good scrap with FreQ over several laps, eventually got past when he caught an NGT. Left me in 3rd, but first Ruskus and then Pablo retired. Was lonely in 1st place, Anderstorp South is pretty dull to hotlap, so after a few laps I decided to pit to find another car to race against. Came out 4th, caught Bernie pretty quickly and eventually got past his very wide Saleen.

The NGTs were very aware and helpful towards the scrapping GTs coming past, thanks guys. If anything though, I thought people were too eager to let the GTs past. I'd prefer the NGTs to hold their lines rather than try to let me through mid-corner. I'm happy to wait behind, get a good corner exit and pass on the straight.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 10:06:37 PM +0000 »

So I did the best thing, and went head on into the barriers, just next to the ambulance, so they could get to me quickly Wink

LOL.

Yeah it's a bit of naff track, although it has one thing going for it, it's better than Anderstorp North!  laugh laugh

Well after sharing a pit box with Mark in our 4 minute beer fest, I then found myself last of the GTs behind Bernie :'(. Spent half the race pestering him, I was way quicker under brakes and round most of the corners, but his Saleen just shot off like a jack in the box when we came to the main straight and for lap after lap I had no idea how I was going to overtake. We tapped once as he ran wide and then again later when I'd got along side at T1. That knocked me sideways and let back the battling TT and Priberio. Bernie slowed down to keep up the fight (thanks) and eventually I got by outbraking him and then he made a mistake behind and I was off, which was pretty much like my tyres. My left front finished the race with 35 wear. Was really hard getting it to go right for the last 5 minutes. Shocked

Was funny lapping TT and Priberio. Everytime they got lapped they were still joined at the hip like a pair of jostling siamese twins. That must have been great fun.

Well done FreQ on the win.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:08:15 PM +0000 by Simon 'Shark' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 10:21:12 PM +0000 »

First off, a big thank you to everyone who turned up. We had enough to make it a valid test. Poor Gerald somehow got himself retired on the first racing lap and I managed to dent my front left panels running wide coming out of the pit lane whilst leading the pace lap and trying to type a message at the same time. Embarrassed

No problems with the test, except that some pit boxes were empty while others were shared.

I was rather expecting that. It's useful data anyway and I expect we'll need to do a single-car test to verify some additional parts of my theory.

Was quite good fun sliding the 'Vette around trying to catch up with the NGT cars after coming back out of the pits, all very aware of what was going on and I tried not to interfere with the 350Z scrap too much. Grin Martin's 911 was jumping around a bit early on but seemed to settle down after that. Sorry about collecting you from in front, Ruskus, I ran wide and had nowhere to go and hoped there was enough room for you to get through without me having to stuff it in the tyres but obviously there wasn't. Sad

After Shark lapped me his tyres were shot and mine were okay and I could keep pace but he ran wide in Gislaved and I followed suit and spun off. Figured I might as well pit for softs and see if I could set a fastest lap - got close in the first sector but kept losing half a second over the second two sectors and then the softs overheated and the race was over before I could cool them and have another go.

If I switch from NGT to GT next season I'm definitely taking the Corvette. Grin

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 10:33:14 PM +0000 »

Well, I must say this Nissan is easy to toss around, it stops at once and turns like a dancer.  Smiley  But its sloooooow on the straight. Had a 30 min scrap with Pribeiro. I was a bit faster on the braking and through corners but could never get him on the straights - he was even too far for late braking. Like Shark and Bernie. I was taking different lines, late braking, sooner braking, opening, even cutting corners, though it was risky. Nothing could move the bu..er.  Roll Eyes He was on his line and no mistakes were comming. Even lapping GTs didn't make the usual opportunities. Then towards the end, after tyre warning(s) Pribeiro made a tiny mistake so I could slip through. Otherwise - no way. Great driving buddy! This is why I bought this game.  thumbup2

GTs were pure gentlemen.  Cool  Must have been funny, really, lapping us again and again and seeing we're still close.  Cheesy

TT
Bernie Lomax

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 11:15:59 PM +0000 »

I was disqualified after the end of the race. According to the Stewards Saleens with a 6.5 metre wide rear end were not allowed! Cheers for the racing guys.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 07:52:42 AM +0000 »

I was disqualified after the end of the race. According to the Stewards Saleens with a 6.5 metre wide rear end were not allowed!

I'm guessing you actually drove backwards for enough time to annoy the Men with Flags. Wink

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 10:50:07 AM +0000 »

Well, looking at the cars which started, it would appear that GTR2 did the best it could to allocate pit boxes sensibly, given that the allocation is done at the start of the race and not when a driver requests a stop or enters the pits. According to the AIW file, Anderstorp South as 15 pit boxes (each having 3 associated garages), and since we had 16 drivers on track, inevitably two were going to have to share one box - which is exactly what happened.

Haven't been able to check the replay yet but I strongly suspect that I'll be able to predict who used which pit box based on the garage they started it, which also means that in future you will be able to predict who you will share a pit box with. That could be very useful if you see a "pit in" message from someone you know you're sharing a box with just before you're about to stop, as you can go another lap (if you have the fuel) rather than get stuck waiting for them.

The long stop thing seemed to work fine so we can use that for Super Endurance events.

Blunder
iRacing Indycar Host
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 11:43:49 AM +0000 »

Thought I'd stick to the trusty 911 !! I need the practice!
I thought I had my strategy sorted...
Medium's all round and 50L to see me through without a pit stop!
Unfortunately an unwise press of the enter key in the pit gave me another 50 litres!!
A bit of a hand full to start but I kept going!
On the GT/NGT issue!?
Whats' the rule? As an NGt driver I avoided all of you fast Gt boys!?
Should I keep my line and make the Gt's overtake? or make it easy for them where possible!?

Good fun as usual!
M.

I'd rather be iRacing Ovals.... Smiley     iRacing id= Martin Mason
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 01:28:17 PM +0000 »

Haven't been able to check the replay yet but I strongly suspect that I'll be able to predict who used which pit box based on the garage they started it, which also means that in future you will be able to predict who you will share a pit box with. That could be very useful if you see a "pit in" message from someone you know you're sharing a box with just before you're about to stop, as you can go another lap (if you have the fuel) rather than get stuck waiting for them.

The known rule would be very useful.  Smiley   Especialy if it is presented in the manner that all of us (me  Wink ) nonPCgurus would understand.  Wink
I expected some more people for testing pitstops and close racing on this circuit. Mind you what a great parameter would add another Nissan in our equal duel with Pribeiro, can you imagine that?!?!?!  Shocked

TT
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 01:35:40 PM +0000 »

On the GT/NGT issue!?
Whats' the rule? As an NGt driver I avoided all of you fast Gt boys!?
Should I keep my line and make the Gt's overtake? or make it easy for them where possible!?

If you read the rules you'll see that in general the slower car should try and drive a predictable line and let the faster car worry about finding a safe way past. Anders South is a bit tricky because there are no proper long straights to simply power past but last night everyone seemed to be staying aware of who was coming up behind and using their thinking heads. Smiley

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 01:56:42 PM +0000 »

Basically the rule is "use your common sense".

Tips...
Being predictable is the best thing you can do as it avoids confusion during lapping.
If you're going to move off-line to let someone through, do it early and make it obvious.
Flashing lights is a good indicator to another driver to go by.
You do not need to jump out of the way of lapping cars, just be sensible about it. When they have got close enough to lap you and they look like they are going by help them out by lifting off and giving them room.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 02:18:28 PM +0000 »

yes pls...i believe you dont have to leap out of the way...no matter who kind you want to be....just smooth obvious movements and no sudden jumping on the brakes or the like.

A good example Martin is the Brno Enduro race replay...NGT guys at their courteous best..even thou they were fighting hard with each other.

..but don't worry..soon enough you will get the hang of it..just ask MJ  Wink Cheesy Cheesy

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
Steve_T

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 02:42:49 PM +0000 »

Well, I entered the server unaware there was a test event on. (Been away)
Couldnt get to grips with Anders South at all having never run on it before. I was going to not start
so as not to get in the way, but in the end decided to give it a go but stay out of the way.
In the end though when I entered pits I hit the wrong key and found myself as a DNF  Embarrassed Oh well it saved me the embarresment of spinning off early in the race.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 03:25:52 PM +0000 »

In the end though when I entered pits I hit the wrong key and found myself as a DNF

You do have to wonder why they haven't implemented an Are You Sure message on pressing the ESC key, it's so damned easy to do when you're flapping about trying to find the right keys. For me nowadays not such a problem as my DFP has a massive number of buttons I don't need the keyboard at all.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
merlinthepike

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 06:33:00 PM +0000 »

everything went we'll till the third lap and she put a coffee on the table, walked away and caught the headphone cable with a foot and spilled coffee all over me  :eek:almost scalded me n**s.

merlinthepiker type r
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com