The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 07:15:00 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: GOT RACE??????  (Read 4597 times)
ossie

Bring it on!

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2006, 08:45:17 PM +0000 »

First impression was that is no where near as good as GTL andGTR2. Graphics don't seem that good.
Multiplayer so far if find terrible, lost connection many times on different servers and on a few occassions it has crashed to desktop. There is also a problem getting on to servers, you click on join and nothing seems to happen.  This is a big problem according to some others on the chat lobby. Unless these basic flaws are repaired I WOULD SUGGEST YOU STAY AWAY. Will keep you updated.  Angry Angry Angry Huh cursing death
Carl Hart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:53:47 PM +0000 »

I wasn't going to buy this game but having had a bad day being dragged round the shops with my girlfriend, i decided to treat myself when i got home. I'm just waiting for it to download off of Steam now. There were some posts on RSC about the download speeds being slow but mines ripping along so fingers crossed!. Also the multiplayer issues have been solved apparently with a small update simbin released today. You just need to restart Steam for it to activate it. I just hope this game has improved after the demo release.
Nick Phillips
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 08:10:57 PM +0000 »

Ossie, your post is a day out mate!

Server issues have been fixed and I have had several good races online, car do jump about too much for my liking but the issues were fixed by the update available this morning.

No it isn't as polished as GTRs but is fun in its own way. The more I play it the more I like it!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 09:05:26 PM +0000 by Nick Phillips » Logged
Carl Hart

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 10:05:16 PM +0000 »

I agree Nick. I like it. Macau is really good and i love the 2 race format. I've had some really good races, very close.  Grin
Pickled

Honda Accord Type R

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 02:21:35 AM +0000 »

OMG, I purchased this on a whim.... what a load of carp, unbelievably bad.

Notwithstanding tons of annoying bugs as simple as setting up your controller (settings seem to reset almost everytime) -  to loss of sound in game.

Cars seem to magically dissapear in the distance (I have high end spec pc too..), no ability to adjust brightness etc..

There is also no real "feeling" to it, the sounds are so despicable I nearly cried, you can't even tell when to shift from the same buzzing bee sound.

Looks also like a new graphics engine, a sucky engine at that.

This is definately not the work of Simbin, it must be a hoax ... Steam don't offer refunds heh Smiley

Shocked
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 07:44:04 AM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged
ossie

Bring it on!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 04:04:33 PM +0000 »

First impression was that is no where near as good as GTL andGTR2. Graphics don't seem that good.
Multiplayer so far if find terrible, lost connection many times on different servers and on a few occassions it has crashed to desktop. There is also a problem getting on to servers, you click on join and nothing seems to happen.  This is a big problem according to some others on the chat lobby. Unless these basic flaws are repaired I WOULD SUGGEST YOU STAY AWAY. Will keep you updated.  Angry Angry Angry Huh cursing death

Think I might have been a bit hasty about the game originally as I much prefer to play online and the problem getting on to servers enraged me a bit especially after paying £25 for the game.(the stella didn't help either) I am now starting to enjoy the game, like Nick said not as polished as GTL and GTR2 but races are really close due to the equally powered cars. LETS RACE!!
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 07:01:39 PM +0000 »

but races are really close due to the equally powered cars. LETS RACE!!

Good to see some close racing, I'm sure this is helped by the fact that all the files are encoded so the less scrupulous cant change them  Wink

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 07:12:01 PM +0000 »

but races are really close due to the equally powered cars. LETS RACE!!

Good to see some close racing, I'm sure this is helped by the fact that all the files are encoded so the less scrupulous cant change them  Wink

haha i hope you dont mean a ballast pack then Cheesy

I wish it was not encrypted...i just got into track conversions (done kayalami so far) abd wouldve loved to have converted Macau to GTR2 but alas.......

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 08:14:45 PM +0000 »

haha, no not the ballast pack that effects us all.

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
[R24-7] Bleach

If in doubt hit 'em flat out!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 07:13:18 PM +0000 »

Is this game Actually worth buying??? need your opinions
Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 07:17:26 PM +0000 »

Overall id say no..otherwise most here would jumped on it already. Some are finding it ok by sticking with it...most are still waiting

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
baracus250gt
Incident Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 11:36:09 PM +0000 »

I think its good but then I like all racing sims Smiley

Like people say its very close and u have to push all the way to make up ground - like a faster TC65 single car series really!

Macau is superb (if a bit narrow) but really well done.

Still prefer the GTL/GTR experience but I will play it a fair bit once the idiots fade out a bit!
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 12:30:03 AM +0000 »

Well i've asked for it for xmas, so i will get it anyways, as i like all things 4 wheeled (except milk floats and dustbin wagons)

pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 01:56:42 PM +0000 »

Very good, very good indeed.
How about some fun races?

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
LuKe#69

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 11:03:02 PM +0000 »

Saw it in Harrods on Monday and was really tempted to get but I left it back on the shelf.....

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com