The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 01:50:55 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: GOT RACE??????  (Read 4595 times)
The Stig

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 09:51:39 PM +0000 »

Is this game Actually worth buying??? need your opinions

See the posts above your one. Those (and many other from other websites) are more than enough to deter me from buying this game. Heard to much carp about it to actually risk money wasting.

[Edited to remove foul language. Angry]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 07:51:14 AM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged
LuKe#69

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 10:08:55 PM +0000 »

Bought it on Friday and Im still trying to get used to it....not easy to swap over from GTR2,driving is really different.Apart from that it seems alright

OneManBand

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 09:42:45 PM +0000 »

I see it as half-a-game.  Not even an expansion - nothing matches up to GTR on any level.

Graphics are relatively low-res, flickery mip mapping in the distance etc.

If you want low powered courses and the particular tracks in the game, then maybe it's worth it - but if you play GTR a lot, this game will dissappoint you.
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 10:41:08 PM +0000 »

I see it as half-a-game.  Not even an expansion - nothing matches up to GTR on any level.

If you want low powered courses and the particular tracks in the game, then maybe it's worth it - but if you play GTR a lot, this game will dissappoint you.

Well, it depends of your hardware Roll Eyes

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
OneManBand

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 10:46:50 AM +0000 »

Well, I am directly comparing RACE with GTR 2...... so my hardware is common to both....ie an objective comparison !
pribeiro

Animals and racing lover

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 06:24:54 PM +0000 »

Well, I am directly comparing RACE with GTR 2...... so my hardware is common to both....ie an objective comparison !

And i still say the same Shocked because i dont have that so horrible experience.
As a matter of fact, i have less comic books colours and shapes, and better video colours and car design
in RACE !!!

Isn't my avatar amazingly sweet?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 07:37:45 PM +0000 »

The really sad thing is that SimBin have bent over backwards behind the scenes to encourage us as a league to use RACE, but the product itself just isn't worth it when compared to the alternatives.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 08:08:14 PM +0000 »

Well good on them for that anyway- maybe we can get into RACE 2 in the future.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com