The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 11:06:52 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E8DTM92 Sonoma Raceway: March 04, 2021
March 04, 2021, 08:53:31 PM +0000 - Sonoma Raceway (Long) - RRE Season 8 (2021) DTM '92
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Audi V8 DTM DTM92 1 +1:16.935
---
1 30:14.004
---
23 0 1:17.375
---
Dunlop  
Chunky

BMW M3 Sport Evolution DTM92 3 +1:18.002
---
2 +5.663
---
23 0 1:18.226
---
Yokohama  
Jos Ogos
 Crank of Brothers
Audi V8 DTM DTM92 6 +1:18.322
---
3 +7.710
---
23 0 1:17.606
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M3 Sport Evolution DTM92 2 +1:17.437
---
4 +23.631
---
23 0 1:17.877
---
Yokohama  
azaris

BMW M3 Sport Evolution DTM92 7 +1:18.434
---
5 +42.509
---
23 0 1:19.407
---
Yokohama  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Opel Omega 3000 Evo500 DTM92 12 +1:19.961
---
6 +45.292
---
23 0 1:19.054
---
Pirelli  
Glenn Richardson

Opel Omega 3000 Evo500 DTM92 11 +1:19.811
---
7 +46.720
---
23 0 1:19.284
---
Pirelli  
BiriBiri

Ford Mustang DTM DTM92 10 +1:19.280
---
8 +53.779
---
23 0 1:19.453
---
Goodyear  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Mercedes 190 Evo2 DTM92 9 +1:19.011
---
9 +57.692
---
23 0 1:18.365
---
Bridgestone  
Woodcote

Mercedes 190 Evo2 DTM92 13 +1:20.034
---
10 +1:09.625
---
23 0 1:19.816
---
Bridgestone  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M3 Sport Evolution DTM92
---
11 +3L
---
20 0 1:27.228
---
Yokohama  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Mercedes 190 Evo2 DTM92 8 +1:18.800
---
12 20 0 1:19.032
---
unknown
Bridgestone  
picnic
 Team Shark
Audi V8 DTM DTM92 4 +1:18.141
---
13 +8L 15 0 1:17.457
---
unknown
Dunlop  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M3 Sport Evolution DTM92 5 +1:18.147
---
14 +23L 0 0 ---
---
unknown
Yokohama  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 8 (2021) DTM '92 - Sonoma Raceway - Mar 4  (Read 965 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 11:37:48 PM +0000 »

I can't believe you are 3-4 secs slower than me at a short track Tudor, or anywhere for that matter.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 11:40:04 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 11:57:26 AM +0000 »

Just had a quick run with your beemer setup and car felt totally different  thumbup1 I managed 1:18.370 after a couple of laps  Shocked

I had been using hard tyres which must have been where much of the time was so just hope I can make those softs last for 30 minutes.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 12:15:33 PM +0000 »

Yes the hard tyres are much slower. I haven't turned any laps here yet, but at Watkins Glen the hard tyres were around 3s a lap slower than the softs. The softs should last a 30 minute race though.
Woodcote

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2021, 09:08:26 PM +0000 »

thank you for letting me race hope i did not get in anyones way
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2021, 09:27:20 PM +0000 »

No Worries Nij, you fitted in just fine  thumbup1

Enjoyed that, gained some places when some went off, then had a heap of fun trying to get past Toni
which became more and more difficult when the tyres started flashing orange  Shocked

Results were late because our system doesn't understand "Sonoma Sprint"

Respect to Birger for sticking with the Mustang  I Am Not Worthy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 09:29:57 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2021, 05:10:52 AM +0000 »

Well that was different, discovered at about half distance I had insufficient fuel!  Huh Roll Eyes So I had to do a pit stop - first successful RRE race pit stop.  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2021, 07:54:12 AM +0000 »

Welcome Nij, was great to have you race with us and hopefully you'll stick around for more racing. Was also great to see a good turnout. Well done Geoff, John and Jos  clap

Last night was a disaster for me - problems with everything from Steam to setup were topped off on lap 1 by an accidental upshift when hard on the throttle out of the right hander at the top of the hill sending me into the barrier. With my engine hanging by a thread I chased the pack but didn't have pace to begin with so it was a real struggle with a ruined engine, my only gains were by attrition more than anything else.
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2021, 08:01:52 AM +0000 »

Great race yesterday with the DTMs.
Video here: https://youtu.be/ap5JoN7DT9c
I eventually went for the Audi as the (non-)experience with the Merc at Watkins did not work well. Thanks all for the feedback on FFB settings, etc  I Am Not Worthy. It has improved quite a lot although I believe I need still to tweak some of the SimSteering System settings. Perhaps to add more damping...
I managed to get a decent time in qualy for a P6 start and gained soon a couple of positions as Tudor Morris lost his car in early battles with Dieter(?) and I made the most of the early confusion to gain a position on the beemer as well  Smiley. Passmore proved to be far more complex to deal with and, whilst I was gaining on him and had the pace to be in front, there was no obvious opportunity for the overtake...  P4 was looking likely (if my fuel lasted the race which wasn't clear to me considering the info I was receiving from my new OtterHud app...) the end result as I had managed to open a gap with Dieter behind after a few good attempts on his side to regain the position.
Things improved when we saw a struggling Audi in front (Peter's) that must have had an accident as his rear was heavily damaged . The overtake, both for Dieter and I, wasn't easy as Peter was defending and, at times, back on the attack pretty effectively. Eventually, he had to back off (not sure if fuel was becoming an issue or just the damage...).
I tried to resume my attack on Passmore for P2 but he was keeping a very decent pace and my gains were minute.
All in all, a good race for me. Glad to see that I'm improving the feeling with these cars in RaceRoom and hoping to make further improvements in future races.
Congrats to Geoff for a perfect race weekend (qualy and errorless race) and Passmore for a solid P2.
I see that race distance is at the very limit for the soft tyres but hards are not an option... I suppose this adds a bit of strategy in terms of the pace to keep the softs longer in action but it kills a bit the action in the last part of the race, which is a bit deflating...
Thanks all for the racing and hope to keep improving on these cars in future races.
See you at Road America in three weeks.

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2021, 08:55:51 AM +0000 »

What a mess up, ran out of fuel in the race and I still don't really understand how it happened. In practice the only change I made to the 'default' setup was to take a galleon or two of fuel out. During qualifying I changed some damper settings to try and tame the Audi's rollability, almost any curb I touched by more than 1mm rolled the car! The changes made it worse so I loaded the default setup, and guess what now rather than taking fuel out it appear I needed to add a chunk  Undecided

That damage Jos was as a result of rolling the car in to the barriers at the 2nd the last corner  Roll Eyes

I have no knack at setting a car up for normal stuff, you know under or over steer. None of the setup guides give a clue as to what to do to stop a car from rolling. At least RRE crash physics didn't seem to kill the car so I could continue even though it can't be that easy to roll a car.

Well done everyone and great to see such a good turn out Smiley

P.S. Enjoyed watching bits of the video again Jos, sadly you and John were too far behind to catch my Russ Swift moment at the top of the hill, on 2 wheels almost to the braking point for the next corner  Grin
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:08:59 AM +0000 by picnic » Logged

azaris

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2021, 09:37:50 AM +0000 »

I have no knack at setting a car up for normal stuff, you know under or over steer. None of the setup guides give a clue as to what to do to stop a car from rolling.

Typically softer fast dampers and stiffer anti-roll bars. The BMW was also hard to drive on the default setup, it was bouncing all over the place and losing rear grip going over the crests. I had to settle on a soft setup that was driveable but understeering a lot through the Esses. No real way to match the Audi pace from me. Too bad because when you nail your setup for this track, it's one of the most fun out there. At least you can outbrake anything in the BMW, so Matt had a tough time getting past. Tongue
frex

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2021, 09:43:34 AM +0000 »

Enjoyed chasing Jos and John in the first half of the race, but really that was a poor showing from me - completely asleep at the start, then moved over on GT just enough to cause him to have an accident, and then proceeded to make numerous small (and not so small) mistakes before finally rolling it at T1 and falling a long way behind. Not good enough.

Sorry to GT for ruining your race; congrats to Geoff, John and Jos. And welcome Nigel.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2021, 12:07:32 PM +0000 »

I didn't think the big Audi would be very competitive around here, thought the nimble BMW would be the car to have, but it turned out the Audi was ideal for the track. I did struggle with it wanting to oversteer through fast Esses section but a little less aggression on the throttle appeared to do more than any setup changes to control it.

Early part of the race was quite intense with Pete finding some better speed in his Audi than he had in qually. Looked like I might have a struggle to hold onto the lead until Pete did some amazing 2-wheel antics at the top of the hill & lost a few seconds. A few laps later he disappeared altogether leaving me well ahead of John & Jos. Approaching half distance I started to get concerned about my front tyres which were already showing yellow, so eased the pace a little & tried to not be so aggressive on the throttle & through the turns. John started catching me in the second half of the race but I was still able to keep the gap comfortable until the end.

Congrats to John & Jos on the podium.  clap clap

Hope Nij enjoyed his race & hope you will stick around.  thumbup1

I notice that Matt still includes a team element to these series & that only around half the drivers are part of a team. The Kerbies team are already well represented, but maybe some of the other teams could draft in some of the unattached drivers to make the teams championship a bit more interesting & team drivers could help one another out with setup tips etc.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2021, 12:10:00 PM +0000 »

Enjoyed chasing Jos and John in the first half of the race, but really that was a poor showing from me - completely asleep at the start, then moved over on GT just enough to cause him to have an accident, and then proceeded to make numerous small (and not so small) mistakes before finally rolling it at T1 and falling a long way behind. Not good enough.

Sorry to GT for ruining your race; congrats to Geoff, John and Jos. And welcome Nigel.

No problem, just an unfortunate racing incident from my point of view. You moved to your left as I moved to my right on the approach to T2. I swerved to avoid contact which took me off track and as I tried to recover I lost the back end and speared into the barrier. Would have continued but my crumpled bonnet was blocking my view which is the last thing you need at Sonoma with its blind apexes.

Had a decent quali but never quite hooked up a totally together lap which was frustrating as the M3 felt great. Hope to join the fun again next time out.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2021, 12:20:12 PM +0000 »

P.S. Enjoyed watching bits of the video again Jos, sadly you and John were too far behind to catch my Russ Swift moment at the top of the hill, on 2 wheels almost to the braking point for the next corner  Grin
Thanks for watching Pete, hope you enjoyed it. I have my own two wheels moment at 10:08 in the video... You have to be quick with your correcting actions to avoid the rolling becoming unmanageable.  Roll Eyes

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
Woodcote

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2021, 01:26:43 PM +0000 »

bit of a baptism of fire for me...but thank you for the warm welcome
I have never driven a '92 DTM before and i have not been on Sonoma in that config either...yeah yeah racing driver excuses... i know  Roll Eyes
no i am very happy to hang around i love 'racing' even if it means on my own at the back... put it this way i can only get better... right?

Now i know the the format I will defo get some practice in for the FR90s at Silverstone and the Cupra E at Hockenheim the following Sunday

do i need to pay some subs for the server, admin etc....?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com