The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 10:18:46 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Nippon Racing test race: December 10, 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Nippon Racing test/fun race - Silverstone International - Dec 10  (Read 14219 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 07:48:33 PM +0000 »

I got through first ok, but tapped the second. Shame these guys don't research the tracks properly, the gap goes the other way in real life  Tongue  Grin laugh

Did a 56 something on stock setup after about 10 laps. No idea on tyre temps I didn't look. Agree that some of the track is too narrow, first half mainly but the proportions generally fee about right, although still not totally convinced by the rights after the first chicane passed the back tower (Old Paddock?) However the line seems about right so it maybe perception / speed differences compared to the slow old road car.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 08:07:53 PM +0000 »

although still not totally convinced by the rights after the first chicane passed the back tower (Old Paddock?) However the line seems about right so it maybe perception / speed differences compared to the slow old road car.

Probably - in the wet I couldn't quite make it round there without a lift in the Zed but in the dry they were easy to do flat.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 09:00:37 PM +0000 »

Probably - in the wet I couldn't quite make it round there without a lift in the Zed but in the dry they were easy to do flat.

I tried them without a lift in the wet and made it to the corn field  Embarrassed

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 09:58:33 PM +0000 »

I tried them without a lift in the wet and made it to the corn field  Embarrassed

lol I Am Not Worthy

With a bit of work on the Nippon setup I've down a frantic and scrappy 54.199. These cars need to be worked much harder than the ASRWCs to get heat into the rubber and don't have as much direct feedback when not being driven really hard.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 09:59:30 PM +0000 »

There also seems to be something wierd going on with the steering, like it's on speed sensitive even though I've switched that off. Huh

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 10:17:05 PM +0000 »

Ah ha! Flippin' steering help had switched itself to "low"!? Done a 54:3 without it with a really oversteery setup with way too much toe out at the front and too much steering lock to boot. But it feels goooooood. Grin

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 03:29:01 PM +0000 »

Please vote in the track poll. I've listed 5 tracks choices, all of which are new to us. Autopolis is obviously in keeping with the Formula Nippon theme, but will probably  be a totally new track to all of us. I don't think we've raced at the Silverstone F3 circuit before; Bahrain is probably new to most of us, and whilst many of us will know the modern Zandvoort from other games, we've not tried it in rFactor before.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 04:15:23 PM +0000 »

Are these all the versions on rfactorcentral? Can't say I know any of them except for bit of Silverstone F3  Embarrassed

Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 04:48:44 PM +0000 »

voted Bahrain

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 05:24:36 PM +0000 »

Are these all the versions on rfactorcentral?

Yes. Zandy is the 'current' one, not the '67 GPL conversion.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2006, 06:46:53 PM +0000 »

Thanks Dave, better go get some then Wink

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 04:02:32 PM +0000 »

Silverstone F3 it is then...

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 11:27:05 PM +0000 »

Start Procedure

This event will use a formation lap followed by a standing start. We have done this before in the Formula Armaroli championship, but many drivers may still not have exerienced it before so it's important that everyone read the following notes and practice doing a formation lap on cold tyres, preferably amongst some AI drivers.

The formation lap procedure is as follows. All drivers will start on the grid as usual; when the lights turn green, drivers should move off, preferably in grid order.

Cars should then settle into a moderate pace and begin to carefully warm their tyres and brakes. The formation lap should be done single file and weaving is permitted, but caution is required until the rear tyres in particular start to warm a little as the cars will spin fairly easily when cold. Modest acceleration and braking is allowed and it is the responsibility of each driver to maintain a safe gap to the driver in front.

At the end of the lap, each driver must stop their car back on its grid slot, which rFactor will cleary mark with a glowing red box. Be careful not to overshoot your slot! To avoid the lead cars losing a lot of brake and tyre temperature, drivers should not unduly delay taking up their position.

Once all drivers are formed, the red lights will come on, and once they go to green the race is on. The Nippon cars do not have a launch control facility so please be careful!

The race will not be restarted unless there are extraordinary circumstances such as a mass disco or a pileup involving more than 50% of the field.

Thanks for your attention and good luck on Sunday!

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 11:28:06 PM +0000 »

Details now posted in the first post of this thread.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2006, 09:56:37 PM +0000 »

practice server up

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5