The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 10:01:49 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Nippon Racing test race: December 10, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nippon Racing test/fun race - Silverstone International - Dec 10  (Read 14120 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2006, 09:59:40 PM +0000 »

Just a comment regarding running a GTL race on a sunday eve (when available).

No-grip run a GTL race every sunday and it has 30+ drivers attending every week. I think if you advertised a sunday race/league on sites like theirs and RSC then you would see similar interest levels. GTL has kind of become more cult like now with a central core of racers who really want to race classic cars as opposed to the fly by night racers who just race whatevers there. Thats why the racing has got better, even in our (your) own ladder league. Its attracting the enthusiasts.  Cool

I am also sad to see Rf not that well supported. I had only today posted on our legends team site that everytime i thought i would buy it, i would suddenly see posts saying how bad the attendance was for the races, and that put me off each time. I would love some full grid single seater racing to compliment our tin-top stuff.

Anyway, just my pennies worth.  Kiss

Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2006, 10:35:45 PM +0000 »

We've done GTL Endurance in the past with a good turnout so an actual championship will probably work too.

You're mad!

13 people is not good turnout for an endurance event, especially when you consider the numbers in GTL then were much higher than they are now. I'd be suprised if another GTL Endurance event surpassed 10 people.

Polls give you an indication of the level of support, they are worth doing. Just cause they are not totally accurate doesn't make them a waste of time. Doing polls that no one sees in some obscure thread for 1 day is a waste of time.

True, but the last GTR2 endurance at Spa only had 4 more, which is quite barren tbh for a 'new' racer. Sundays are pretty much the only days I can attended most of the races, for any game, shifts play havoc with everything but we shift-workers try our best to attend all that we can, its a shame that more of the newer members who asked to be included in the endurance series have yet to turn up.

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2006, 06:19:23 PM +0000 »

Just a comment regarding running a GTL race on a sunday eve (when available).

No-grip run a GTL race every sunday and it has 30+ drivers attending every week. I think if you advertised a sunday race/league on sites like theirs and RSC then you would see similar interest levels. GTL has kind of become more cult like now with a central core of racers who really want to race classic cars as opposed to the fly by night racers who just race whatevers there. Thats why the racing has got better, even in our (your) own ladder league. Its attracting the enthusiasts.  Cool

I am also sad to see Rf not that well supported. I had only today posted on our legends team site that everytime i thought i would buy it, i would suddenly see posts saying how bad the attendance was for the races, and that put me off each time. I would love some full grid single seater racing to compliment our tin-top stuff.

Anyway, just my pennies worth.  Kiss

From what I know GRC grids are big, and yes, the public racing experience is horrible but I don't see baren grids, it's easy to find a 20+ car public race.

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com